Chapter 13

Clash of Interests
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oops, forgot to click the Hide Chapter button so if my update seemed incomplete it was! Anyways here we go!

 

It took 8 hours and one nurse to force Jong Suk to get some sleep before Shin Hye was discharged after her surgery. Both went back to his apartment for her to recuperate. He looked worriedly at Shin Hye as she gingerly settled down into an armchair.

"I'm not going to break that easily, you know." She was a bit amused at his protective watching. 

"Hey, you just got stabbed 6 hours ago. Excuse me for being just a bit worried for your safety." Shin Hye couldn't resist laughing at Jong Suk's pouting face. For such a successful and respected businessman, he looked like a young child at the moment. 

"I know you're worried about me. But I know I'll be safe with you, right?" She extended her uninjured side toward Jong Suk, who immediately reached for her back. He murmured a quick apology when she winced as her injured shoulder was slightly bumped. He was worried that after his spur in the moment kiss that everything would be over and their friendship would be completely filled with awkwardness. Thankfully he was wrong.

He pulled Shin Hye onto his lap, adjusting her until they both felt comfortable.

"Your Appa visited while you were sleeping off the anesthesia," he murmured as she buried herself in his chest. Like when she had first ran into him at the coffeeshop, his chest still felt comforting, hardened with muscle and yet soft because of his cashmere sweater. His cologne had hints of nice spices. "The doctor filled him in on what happened."

Shin Hye furrowed her brow. "Seems like my Uncles will know of us now. The question is, is that a good thing or bad thing?"

"The bad thing is our enemies might us

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter