Chapter 6

Clash of Interests
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note: I'm going to be really busy since next week is going to be my finals week. So I'll either be writing a lot of these chapters beforehand and releasing them in intervals now and then or I won't be able to update as quickly as I have been for the past few days and updates might take a while. Alrighty then, here's where the story begins to pick up after a bit of fluff. Please bear with me!

Note: 20 billion won is around 18 million US dollars.

 

One hour later, three phone calls taken inside his office, and deeply engrossed in preparing for the meeting, Jong Suk picked up the phone.

"Yes, sir?" Her soft voice picks up the phone.

"Just a reminder that the meeting will begin shortly. Could you get me a coffee with two creams and no sugar? There's a coffee maker in the staff lounge nearby. Make one for yourself as the meeting may take a long time." 

"Of course, sir."

Fifteen minutes later passed but the coffee still wasn't placed on the desk. He began to worry. Maybe she doesn't know how to work the coffee machine? I should go check up on her. But there was no need as just then, the door opened to let Shin Hye in. She turned to beam at someone behind her.

"Thanks for fixing the coffee maker, Ji Soo sunbae. I'd thought that I'd broken the machine." 

"No problem, maybe later we can step out for some coff   " the answering voice was cut off as Jong Suk had gotten up from his desk and swiftly closed the door, leaving his arm entrapping one side of her. He could tell that Shin Hye felt his soft breaths graze the back of her neck. Slowly, she turned around to face him to meet his eyes. He was leaning over her. Her pupils dilated and she let out the small breath she didn't realize she was holding. His facial expression, although controlled, was not pleased. His mussed hair fell gorgeously over his eyes. And his forehead was so close to touching hers. Every word she had originally planned to explain her lateness seemed to be taken out of her mind. But then Jong Suk merely reached for the coffee in her hands. 

"Meeting starts in 7 minutes. Hurry up and bring the prepared documents." Without another word, he turned back to the desk, a clear dismissal sign to Shin Hye. She scrambled for the doorknob with some difficulty, trying to get the proximity of her boss out of her mind.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Jong Suk was right about her needing coffee for the meeting. Although the topic was interesting enough, the monotonous tone of the presenter was enough to make any devoted listener sleepy. Jong Suk pushed his coffee towards her.

"Drink it, you look close to falling asleep."

Embarrassed, Shin Hye took the offering gratefully. As the course of the caffeine surged through her veins, she finally managed to pay more attention to the presentation. At the words Golden Sun Inc. her ears perked up. 

"With our CEO's excellent business skills, Golden Sun Inc. will add to Kings Corps. a net profit of 20 billion won, as well as enabling us to multiply and raise our share prices." With this, the people in the room began to cla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter