Chapter 8

Clash of Interests
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Late Friday afternoon, Jong Suk pushed a cup of lavendar tea across his desk towards Shin Hye. He had started showing Shin Hye the details of his father's case 15 years ago on Tuesday morning. Unfortunately, even with Jong Suk's connections, much of the access to the case and evidence had been blocked or convoluted by the gangs with fake or missing details, including 2 of the 3 names of the Park family members charged with murder. The one family member's name they had managed to find had been Shin Hye's great uncle who had unfortunately passed away due to pancreatic cancer 10 years ago. With their limited time as both people still needed to focus on Kings Corps., they were just now leading up to the present evidence Jong Suk had gathered linking the gangs to various companies in South Korea. 

"These gangs are the professional type who use businesses as a front for all kinds of illegal activities, such as weapons or drugs smuggling. The most dangerous type of criminals in my opinion, especially the gang Dracone. They're the ones who appear to be upper class business executives on the outside but hide murderous lowlife instincts underneath." He noticed the callousness of his words and quickly backtracked. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to implicate that your family was    "

"It's fine," she glossed over. "Weapons smuggling, hmm, that would make sense since Golden Sun is a construction company. My family could have easily concealed metal weapon parts in an order for steel construction beams." Shin Hye murmured over her cup of tea. "I mentioned yesterday that I thought that Eldest Uncle could have relations to the mafia. Well I think I may have found something." She produced two half-pieced together shredded papers from her purse. "Luckily I swiped these from his office before the maid could burn them, although I wish I were able to snatch more. It's not complete, but you can tell that this paper is a purchase order for steel construction beams, and the other is an overall financial summary report. The date on the summary that corresponds to the purchase order shows that Golden Sun should have a net outflow for purchasing the steel beams, but the company somehow gained a net profit instead. The mafia must have paid Eldest Uncle to purchase something for them through the pretense of buying construction parts."

Jong Suk gingerly took the half-pieced paper and perused it. "So he supposedly ordered construction parts from Eris Steelworks. I've heard that name before. When I bought the other companies, two of them often had purchasing orders from this company." He glanced up alarmed, realizing something. "You got this from the garbage at your Eldest Uncle's house? That's dangerous. You should be careful! What if you'd been caught?"

"Then I would have said I dropped something in the trash and was fishing it out. Relax, I can take care of myself."

Jong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter