Chapter 18

Clash of Interests
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Is it possible for my father to be alive? His body was technically never found, was it? Just some DNA evidence matching with dental records, which can be forged, can't it? 

Jong Suk sat in Doctor Han's office, turning the papers over and over in his hands. There hadn't been any other words appearing after he found the first two. 

He threw the papers down in disgust. Sighing, he picked up his phone to check the time. Shin Hye's meeting wither her family should be over. 

His brows furrowed at the text message Shin Hye had sent him. A voice recording?

He clicked play.

"You want me to order through Eris Steelworks as always? Aren't they being investigated though?" 

"We'll be able to cover that. Right now the police is just investigating the company as a tax case gone slightly awry. I assure you, my department will be able to take care of it completely. You will be well compensated for your diligent work."

"Very well. And since we don't have a warehouse any more, where should I    "

"Jeju Island. The Dracones will be moving location there."

Jong Suk frowned as hel listened. One voice had recognized as one of Shin Hye's uncles, perhaps the eldest. And the other one...

The voice recorder had picked up a creaking noise. And then it ended.

Jong Suk scrambled out of the chair he had been sitting on. Shin Hye must have been extremely close to the men to hear what they're saying. 

He looked at the time the text had been sent. 3:19 PM. It was now 3:43 PM. Twenty-four minutes had passed by. Shin Hye was supposed to give him a call around 3:30 to confirm that he should pick her up.

Should I give her a call? What if I call her and she's still in her hiding place, and those people hear her phone ring? No. She would have been smart enough then to turn her phone on silent. No. What should I do? 

Jong Suk slammed the desk in front of him in frustration. He could take either two paths but which one would endanger Shin Hye the least?

He made up his mind and dialed Shin Hye's phone, hoping against hope that she would pick up. 

She didn't.

He hit the redial button. Voice mail again. He hit the redial button again. Not a sound. 

Jong Suk sprang out of the chair and paced back and forth. He needed to act fast. His gut feeling was telling him that something was indeed wrong. Picking up his phone again, he dialed another number.

It was now 3:58 PM.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

4:23 PM

Lee Min Ho looked at the sleeping girl he carried as he walked towards the warehouse. 

"I'm sorry, Shin Hye, but I have to do this." He whispered. He didn't expect for her to hear his apology, for the drug he injected would ensure that she slept for at least an hour and a half. 

He nodded to the Dracone guards as he passed through the entrance of the doorway. Min Ho had already alerted the leader that he would be taking care of their special guest and had also told him that the message for the new weapons dealer had been sent to the Park family. 

He was supposed to get rid of her right away.

Min Ho carefully laid her down on the couch in his personal study instead. She wouldn't be escaping anytime soon though. The whole warehouse, although looking decrepit and abandoned from the outside, reeked of guards in every corner. Security cameras, although not placed in his office, were placed in the hallways and the entrance. His office was on the fourth floor anyways, and she couldn't jump from the window since it was barred.

Perhaps he didn't kill her because he still felt something for her as an ex-boyfriend. Or perhaps it was another reason. He had never wanted to break up with her in the first place. But he had got caught up in this spinning web of lines and spies, and it was too dangerous for anyone else to get involved. 

Min Ho brushed the hair that had fallen over her nose and mouth to make sure she breathed easier. As if sensing his movements,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter