Chapter 9

Clash of Interests
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please bear with me. Plot will be moving slowly but surely. Good luck to all those with finals XD

 

"Careful, now, don't hit the countertop, Appa." With a grunt Shin Hye and her Appa were able to lift a table into the small dining room. 

"Whew. That table was heavier than I expected." Appa wiped the sweat off his brow.

"Come on, Appa, you know you need the exercise. Too much good food and sitting cramped up in an office all day is bad for your health. Besides, we have to be frugal these days with our money. But soon I'll be able to get my paycheck."

"Hmmph. I don't like the thought of you living by yourself. Are you sure you don't want to live with me in Eldest Uncle's house?" Appa questioned hopefully. 

"Oh you're such a worrywart Appa. I'll be fine." Although it would be easier to get evidence from Eldest Uncle if I lived in his house, it wouldn't be practical for me as his house is too far from work. Shin Hye sighed at the thought of missing all the possible evidence. Besides, Jong Suk would go berserk if I lived with Eldest Uncle. He's so overprotective and worrywart like Appa. 

Heading back outside the stairwell to pick up the rest of her furniture, they saw a young man drumming his fingers on her cabinet.

"Jong Suk!" Shin Hye called out, waving.

He looked up and flashed a grin. "Hey there, Shin Hye. It's nice to meet you again, Mr. Park. I saw your furniture outside. Do you need any help moving these? They look heavy." 

Appa snorted. "Actually, we don't need any      " Shin Hye quickly put her hand on Appa's lips, stopping him in the middle of his rant.

"Actually, some help would be wonderful." She beamed. Appa merely grouched and mumbled that he could move the furniture by himself and didn't need the help of an impudent whippersnapper like Jong Suk. With Jong Suk's help, they quickly finished putting everything in order in the apartment. 

"Appa, I'm going to check the moving truck to see if we left anything there." Shin Hye called to her Appa, with Jong Suk following her.

"That little punk. Huh, when did they start calling each other by their given names?" Appa wondered.

Back outside, Shin Hye waite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter