Chapter 4

Clash of Interests
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hiya guys, all along the way I've been tweaking just a little bit of my chapters, fixing grammar and spelling errors and adding just a few small crucial plot parts. Not that much that you would notice the differences unless you put a side by side comparison. So, just letting you know, in case something happens in the future chapters that may have been referenced in the tweaked earlier chapters and it confuses y'all a bit. Anyways enjoy this chapter XD

 

The corners of her lips were quirked up in a smile. He could tell that she was teasing him. But what was she saying? She laughed and beckoned him to come closer to her and the golden sunlight that bathed her in a soft halo. But his legs were like lead, so he was rooted to the shadows. She was getting further and further.... But she seemed to realize that he wasn't following her. Her eyes looked sad as she gazed sorrowfully back at him. Then the tears began to gather in her eyes. He knew he had done an unforgivable sin. But what had he done? Each crystal tear that fell from her eyes was a knife stab in his heart. The shadows that were on his side began to draw her in, and he wanted to tell her to run before the darkness consumed her. But his voice seemed to catch in his throat, and he could only watch helplessly as the golden sun that had encompassed her in such a becoming light slowly shattered to pieces around them....

Beep. Beep. Beep. Lee Jong Suk groaned as his alarm clock roused him from his slumber. 6:15 AM glared the red numbers. Getting out of bed and stretching, he suppressed a yawn as he walked over to his bathroom. He splashed cold water on his face when the realization hit him. It was Monday. In other words, today's the day.

Jong Suk had never really primped for anything but what he was doing this morning could simply be called primping. His face was scrubbed squeaky clean and not a speck of facial hair shone in his bright complexion. His hairstyle was always worn a loose and comfortable style. But now as he gelled his hair, he realized he had absolutely no idea what he was doing to his hair. The ends of his hair was sticking up haphazardly everywhere. Do I still have time to wash this gunk out of my hair? In the end, he just tousled his hair and hoped it didn't look like a bird's nest.

Does this gray tie match? Or should I just go classic black? He sighed as he laid out all the ties he had onto his bed. Guess I can't wear an Italian suit either. Might remind her of what happened in the coffeeshop. At this, Jong Suk caught his reflection in the full-length mirror in his bedroom.

"Gah! What am I doing? She probably already knows that it was me in the coffee shop since she applied for my company. Why am I even trying so hard? She's untouchable, Lee Jong Suk, untouchable, you hear me? You hired her to track down what your rival companies are doing, and you're the one who bought her family's company." At this he paused and groaned to his reflection. "Talking to oneself is the first sign of madness, isn't it."

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Meanwhile, Shin Hye was taking things at a more leisurely pace. She did after all, wake up an hour earlier just to make sure she looked impeccable. Just in case he decides to fire me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter