Chapter 15

Clash of Interests
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye received her two coffees with a cheerful smile and nod. Suddenly, she was whirled around, nearly dropping her two hot coffees. Jong Suk had grabbed her wrists, a frantic and wild look in his eyes. 

"Shin Hye, do you know that man from earlier? Do you know who he is and what he does?" He demanded. Frankly, the look in his eyes was starting to make Shin Hye worry and furrowed her brows. 

"Yeah, it's Kim Min Ho Oppa, he's my    um, friend," she quickly swallowed up the word ex-boyfriend. "Is something wrong?" 

Looking furtively around him, Jong Suk steadied the coffees threatening to spill out of her hands. Holding onto her hands, he marched her out of the coffeeshop and headed directly to the private garage reserved for his car while Shin Hye stumbled along, trying to hold onto her coffee. 

"Jong Suk, just tell me what's wrong!" 

Jong Suk marched right past the security guards and entered his private garage before answering her. 

"Do you know what he does for a living?"

"Well, yeah, he's a cop."

"He had a dragon tattoo on the back of his neck."

Recalling the tattoo, she remembered an adrogynous black shape but couldn't tell what it was at the time. "Oh, so that's what it was?" 

"It's a tattoo of a dragon holding a pearl in its jaws, the symbol of the Dracones."

"Th   that's impossible," stammered Shin Hye. "I've known Min Ho Oppa since forever. He can't be part of a gang." Min Ho in a gang went against everything she had known about him. He absolutely hated anyone nefarious who preyed on the weak. It was one of the many reasons why he joined the police along with the major reason that the police had saved him quickly and safely when he was kidnapped for ransom. Ever since that day, he had absolutely adored the policemen who were idols and everyone he adored. She looked at Jong Suk firmly. "I trust Min Ho oppa."

"Perhaps. Maybe he's undercover." He still didn't look convinced. 

The pair got into his car mulling over the new wrench that had been thrown in their paths. Shin Hye stared out the passenger window as Jong Suk drove carefully over the icy streets of Seoul, watching but not really watching the snowflakes dance in the wind. Her life had definitely taken a turn from the moment she had become Jong Suk's secretary. Dangerous, yes, but certainly more exciting.

Appa had called yesterday, slightly admonishing her for not telling him of her relationship (although she hadn't been really aware there was one) and mostly demanding Jong Suk to a duel. First he taken away the company and now he was taking his most precious and beautiful daughter? It took ages for Shin Hye to calm her Appa down, although she was mostly laughing silently by her side of the conversation. The thought of her Appa trying to fight Jong Suk was hilarious, as she knew Jong Suk could take care of himself and would probably pretend to be hurt by Appa's attempts at punching to preserve Appa's pride.

Jong Suk was doing a little thinking of his own which soon wandered upon Shin Hye's answer to his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter