Chapter 16

Clash of Interests
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Not happening. Nope. Not happening."

Her hands were clamped crossed her chest with pajamas the hotel had given them, eyes decidedly stubborn, the look that Jong Suk had come to know. 

"It's really not that big of a deal. I'm fine with sleeping on the couch."

Both of them glanced at the couch, which was clearly too short for his tall stature. Half of his legs would be hanging over the couch if he slept on it. 

"Clearly I'd fit much better on the couch." Eyes rolling, she walked towards the couch. "You don't have to be so chivalrous." But as she laid down on the couch expecting comfy pillows and cushions, what she did feel was a hard chest. 

"Dude!"

Jong Suk's chest rumbled as he laughed, slightly shaking Shin Hye who was on top of him. He wrapped his arms around her, preventing her from shifting off of him. "If you feel so bad for me sleeping on the couch, then just sleep here with me." 

She tried raising herself back up on her elbows but failed, which served to push her closer to him, landing on his chest with her face buried in his soft button up shirt. 

"Although this totally defeats the purpose of paying for a king size bed." 

She sighed. "I give up." Shin Hye relented and only tucked her head into the crook of his neck. His steady breathing and body heat was all too melodic to her, as her eyelids began to grow heavy. "Just sleep on the bed with me." 

Jong Suk's eyebrows shot up. "Not in that way, you ert!" She smacked his chest, frowning at his slightly disappointed look. 

Which only grew even more exasperated as she tried to build a pillow barricade in the middle of the bed. 

"Darn, maybe I should have housekeeping send up more pillows. There's not enough to make a complete barrier   JONG SUK!" 

He grabbed her around her waist and jumped flat on the bed, pillows flying everywhere as both of them landed with a soft thump on the featherbed. She landed beneath him, trapped between the bed and his body. 

"Feeling tired. Good night." And with those four mumbledwords, Jong Suk closed his eyes and didn't budge an inch and pretended to be asleep, lying mostly on top of her. 

"Jong Suk...," her voice came out as a growl, warning him.

He opened on eye tiredly. "What? We both showered already." Which Shin Hye could tell from his lovely scent from the hotel shampoo and soap.

Giving up entiredly, she sighed loudly just once to let him know of her uncontentedness before snuggling closer and letting her hands his silky hair. If only her family could see her now, with her legs entertwined with Jong Suk's, his arms around her and one hand dangerously her skin just underneath her pajama shirt. Not that she was really complaining though.

"How many boyfriends did you have?" 

Her eyes shot open. It really wasn't a question she expected him to ask. "A couple. Why do you ask?"

"Just cause." Silence ensued, broken only by a slight moan from Shin Hye as Jong Suk's hands wandered up to her shoulders, massaging away any leftover tension. "How far did you get with them?"

"Not telling you." She narrowed her eyes at h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter