Award Show

Chen's Story and Suho's Little Box

                                                                                                            Chen POV
Finally, 12th of December. The day I was dying to come. That day did come one day. The show wouldn’t start until night time but that afternoon my manager was totally freaking out about it. 
“Excuse me but where is Chen’s tuxedo? Is it washed yet? No stain or damage right? Hey, have you call that stylist again? Make sure that he won’t be late later. The limousine must be clean by later. Clean it up now! Where is the book that Chen published? Does he take all his lesson yet? Have he learn well? He prepared for giving a speech in front right? OMG JUST WHERE IS THAT KID?”
“Right here sir.” I said running to him.
“OMG THANK GOODNESS!” he said as he squeezed my cheek like I was something cute, “Have you studied how to walk properly? Prepared your speech?” 
“Emmm..” 
“Show me, show me right now how you walk.” Said my manager cutting me off while he panicked. He sat at one of the nearest chair and I walked how an actor should walk on the red carpet. I didn’t fail to amaze him.
“Where is your speech? Speak it here like I was the audience.” 
I did it. I spoke bravely in front of him and again his amused face appeared.
“Good job. Ok, keep practicing though, now I want to make sure everything is ready for the event.”
“Emm, okay.” I said as I watched him left the room.
I got a video call from Xiumin. I answered it as I walked to the music room.
“Minnie! How are you baby?” I said with a huge grin on my face.
Xiumin smiled on the other line, “Good, sorry I called. Are you busy now?”
“Well, I am on the way to my class right now,” I said, dropping my smile and eyebrows.
“Haha, poor thing. It will be a big day huh?” asked Xiumin.
“MINNIE! HELP ME I AM SO NERVOUS!!!” I said squealing, “Watch me on TV okay?”
“Of course! Kris, Tao and the others would come to my house to watch you at that award show.”
“It would be embarrassing if I don’t win though.” I said a little blushing.
“Nonsense! What kind of author didn’t win a prize for writing the best book ever? Trust me Chenchen. You are going to win this!” said Xiumin encouraging me.
“Aww, you are so sweet,” I said as I stopped in front of the music room, “Hey, minmin. I need to get back to class now.”
“So soon?” asked Xiumin disappointed, “Well, alright. Remember, have confidence on yourself and win this big night!” 
“Thanks Minnie! Oh remember, don’t let Luhan touch you!” I said with daring eyes.
He just smiled and waved at me goodbye. I ended the call and went inside the music room for my class.


It was 6 p.m. the show won’t start until 7. However, I didn’t leave my company yet, my tuxedo was gone.
“SEARCH THE TOILET. SEARCH THE CABINET. THE DANCE ROOM. THE SINGING ROOM. THE IDOL’S DORMS. EACH OF YOUR SOCKS. WHATEVER JUST FIND THAT FREAKING TUXEDO ALREADY!!” My manager was stressed out with the disappearance of my tuxedo.
“May I help out?” I said, afraid he might scream at me.
“OH MY GOSH CHEN. KEN YOU NOT? YOU NEED TO BE THE PERFECT MAN ON THAT CARPET LATER AND IF YOU SWEAT A DROP YOU NEED TO TAKE A BATH AGAIN AND IT WILL TAKE MORE TIME!! SIT BACK THERE AND KEEP YOURSELF CLEAN!!”
I frowned and sat at the chair I supposed to sit. The staff were so damn busy, not only the staff, the idols were looking for it too. I felt sorry for them.
Well, finally we found it at the dressing room. A mannequin was using it. Some guy thought that the tuxedo was the clothes that it need to wear. I changed my clothes and went inside the rented limousine.
I made it and I wasn’t late. I arrived at 6.58 and I was really lucky that is was not really jammed on the roads. Xiumin kept calling me to make sure I have arrived on the place and he kept telling me that Kris, Tao, Luhan and Lay was complaining on how boring those authors appearing one by one. Even with my sudden appearance. Many fans were still waiting and screamed as I walked out the limousine. 
My hair was straightened and my skin was milky white. My eyes were already black but my manager forced me to use black contact lenses. My shoes were polished at least a hundred time and now it was shining. I brushed my teeth at least a million time today and it was whiter than before. I smiled brightly when the camera flash blinded my eyes as I was taught at the class. They were many girls screaming and reporters were forcing me to speak and I learned to refuse any of them unless I was told to by my manager.
That was my first time entering the hall. It was huge, many people were there. The famous authors and audiences were separated. There was a camera filming me. I smiled a little and blow a kiss, knowing that Xiumin was watching. Everyone clapped as I was visible to everyone. I sat at a table with some random authors. Some of them were old and some of them were still young and handsome. I sat quietly and politely. I talked to some of them until the show was announced to start.
I sat there quietly and clapped at every awards were given. The show was really boring for a teenager like me. It was like class time only that your ear drums were filled with loud noises from a speaker. I wanted to yawn a lot of times but my teacher told me not to yawn at all times and took a deep breathe instead. Yawning sign of boringness and impoliteness. I put a small smile on my face every time and bowed slightly as the camera filmed me. 
“Now, for the Best Junior Author award goes to….. Kim YiChen. Congratulations! Please step forward to the stage.” Said the announcer clapping his hands.
I was really surprised. I was sure that I was the youngest author everyone could think of and I got the award? This is amazing. However, I calmly stood up from my seat. I shook hands with some authors that came to me and walked to the stage. I was told not to let my emotions show too much if I win an award. 
The female announcer hand me the flowers and smiled at me. I stood in front of the microphone.
“Emm, Thank you everyone for choosing me. I feel such a great honor to be up here. I never thought that I would win this actually. Hehe, emm, so I would like to thank you all once again. Thank you everyone.” I said just like that, didn’t sound full hearted. However, they just clapped anyway. I walked back to my seat and hand the flowers to my manager. Damn, this kinda . I wanted to say more things but I couldn’t or my emotions would show. Should I really pretend to get the Best Junior Author award is nothing, I expected it to be mine? I felt arrogant.
Again, I waited there. Smiling, clapping and bowing all over again. Finally, it was break time. I inhaled as much oxygen I could and stretched my arms. I had never sat that stiff in my whole life before. I had enough of cameras for a while so, when everybody came to greet their fans, I went back stage. Back stage wasn’t as beautiful as the front stage. It was less colorful, less clean, less air conditioning and the smell of makeup was everywhere. I sat at one of the chairs and sat comfortably.
My manager smiled as he sat beside me. 
“Wow, good job for the award.”
“I know right, I mean isn’t it amazing. I mean that I am the youngest author among all authors right? I am not mistaken right?” I asked suddenly remembered that I just won an award.
“Yeah, you are the youngest.”
“Wow, I beat all of them. Wow. Wow. Wow. What the heck is happening to the world?” I asked pulling my hair.
“Hey, hey, hey, hey.” Stopped my manager, “You are going to ruin that nice hair again,” 
He took a comb out of his pocket and started to comb my hair straight. 
I shooed his hand and snatched the comb from him, “Aih hyung, let me do it by myself.”
“Look at this kid. He is the most polite kid in front of the camera but snatch things from his manager backstage,” said my manager tsking while I comb my hair straight.
I smiled a little bit on the truth.
“So, didn’t you want to go meet your fans for the first time?” asked my manager.
“Don’t you think I need a bit of rest from people’s view?” I asked him back.
He just laughed, “Well, I am giving this since this is your first time on a celebrity job. However, if you keep living like this, you shouldn’t hide your face often.”
“Ok,” I said as I laid my head on my manager’s shoulder hoping to fall asleep.
“Hey,” he said violently as he pushed my head, “Xiumin won’t like it.”
“Hehe, right.” I said blushing as my boyfriend was mentioned.
Later, everyone went back to the show. 
I was announced to have the ‘Best Book of the Year’ award which is, of course, Beauty and the Beast. I thanked all the fans again, my manager, my family and the one who bought the book. 
Finally, the last award came. The Author of the Year, the award that all young to old author desired. The award was begun with a drum roll that made everyone’s heart beat faster. However, it failed to made mine beat faster. Like, come on! Look at those amazing authors. I was just a junior whom with a miracle of luck made an awesome book that was written in a hurry like crazy people. 
Finally, it was time.
“Ok, the long waited award that all authors have waited for months. The Best Author Award.” Said the announcer in a tone that made everyone curious.
The fans were screaming their own favorite authors name. I heard a few of mine but I just smiled. I really hope that it wasn’t me. However, I didn’t want to break their little hearts.
“So, the final and the best author of the year is….. The youngest author of the year, Kim YiChen. Congratulations! Please come to the stage.”
I widen my eyes. I swore that my heart just stopped beating for a second. The crowds were screaming with joy and all authors were looking at me. Some with confused face, some with a ‘WOW THAT WAS SO DAMN UNBELIEVABLE, CONGRATULATIONS!!!’ face. However, there was a ‘What the dude, that wasn’t fair’ face. I didn’t stand up from my seat because I might hear my name wrongly. However, my manager pull me up from my seat and pushed me towards the stage. I nearly fell.
I was standing on stage and I could clearly felt my legs turning into jelly. I forgot what my teacher taught me about going on stage. My face turned completely red and I looked like a stupid person. The female announcer hand me the grand trophy but my hand just froze there and I didn’t know what to do so that the announcer needed to grab my hand and made me hold it and  whisper to me to give a speech. 
I was blank but I could hear some laughs that everyone knew that I was so damn nervous and still didn’t know what was happening.
“Emm, what just happen?” I asked. I just spoke out the thing I wanted to say from my mind. 
I could hear some giggles on how cute I was and how funny I was but I didn’t really care that time. 
“Emm, please give the speech YiChen.” Said the male announcer while laughing.
“Err, I want to thank my manager for helping me publishing my books for the past few years. I want to thank my friends for supporting me on making this book. I want to thank my family for doing their best to….” I stopped. Is not that I stopped because I remembered Suho but because I started crying.
Tears were escaping my eyes and I felt so hot right now but I kept crying.
“Awww....” I heard from a distance. Why my ears could hear so good when I didn’t want it to.
“Don’t cry! Don’t cry! Don’t cry!” I heard the crowds cheering me up.
That didn’t helped, that made me cry harder. I felt shame so I just talked as fast as I could.
“I mostly want to thank all of you for making this moment possible. Who I am without you guys? Thank you so much! I love you!!” I stepped down the stage and hugged my manager for comfort.
I am not a celebrity that perform in groups or anything that could cry in the member’s arms. I really want Xiumin to be there. It felt awkward crying alone on stage. After the show ended, I didn’t stop crying yet. Jackson, who risked his sleeping time to see me hugged me back stage.
“That’s it. That’s it cry baby stop crying.” He said softly as he patted my back.
However, I kept crying.
“Sorry man, I just. I just didn’t think I would win. I didn’t know whether I should cry or laugh or get mad or. I just didn’t know.” 
My phone in my pocket vibrated and I picked it up. I got a video call from my friends.
“CHEN!!!” they shouted as I answered my phone but burst into laughter when they saw me still wiping my tears.
“Chen, chen. Would you stop crying?” said Kris who was holding back his laughter to not make me feel bad.
“Where is Xiumin?” I asked as I realized my boyfriend didn’t pop up yet. 
Kris move the phone to the right and there I saw Xiumin, he was quietly reading a book with earphones on.
“Hey, your boyfriend is on.” Said Lay as he pushed his back.
“Ouch! What? Oh, Hi Chennie!!” he said excited, “Congratulations on your win. I couldn’t believe that you actually achieved that.”
I smiled starting to cry again. However, Tao’s face appeared immediately.
“Hey do you remember our bet if you get best author award?”
“Huh?”

Flash Back
I was at school during lunch period. My book hit the best seller for 4 weeks in a row now. 
“Dude, this book you wrote was amazing. I bet this is the luckiest time of your life.” Said Lay, munching on his apple.
“I know right. The mighty one decided to love me.” I said with a smile.
“Good thing to have you here sometimes. Where is your nerdy fangirls?” teased Luhan.
“I don’t know,” I said, “What date is today?”
“12 of November.” Answered Tao.
“Oh man, I am so damn nervous for the award show.” I said burying my face on my hand.
“Don’t worry dude, you will do great.”
“I bet you will win an award.”
“No, I am a junior and I am the youngest. Junior don’t really get awards.” I said like it wasn’t fair.
“Who was on betting Chen winning an award?” asked Tao raising his hand.
“Me.” Said Kris
“Me” said Lay.
“Hey, I would bet him winning the Best Author Award.” Said Luhan.
“I’m in!” said Tao, Kris and Lay at the same time.
“I don’t believe he could though.” Said Xiumin smirking.
“Ok, if Chen won the best author award, he need to bring you to the club and make him drunk.” Said Kris with daring eyes.
“I’m in.” said Xiumin cooly.
“Me too.” I said.

End of flashback
That memory made me completely not crying anymore.


.

 

 

 

 

---------

Hey guys sorry it took a long time for this chapter to come out. I have exams and I am so damn nervous about it. I have ICT tomorrow and I barely study. Pls wish me luck!!!!! How does your exam go? I am sure they were good because you guys are smart people ( I am like WTF). 

 


 

 

Spoilers: In the next few chapters, Chen would be bringing Xiumin to the club and he would think his life time decision to be a singer or not.