Forgive

Chen's Story and Suho's Little Box

Forgive

                                Joshua woke up at found himself back in his horrible reality. He swiped both of his cold feet on the mat under him. It was another horrible day for Joshua and he was just doing his horrible day morning routine. Actually, feeling horrible everyday was normal for this teenage boy.

                              After his eyes get used to the light around him, he stared at the mirror. The oval shape mirror that greeted him every morning with the picture of him with messed hair and baggy pajamas. He was ok with that but there was a grimace as he lift his shirt. A scar, an ugly, ugly scar popped up right under his belly button. He never wanted it there, he want it gone so he could forget the past…..

                             “Morning Joshua!!” shout Vernon, his little brother who open the door without warning.

                             “Why do you always come at the most ……. Forget it,”

                             “Ok, but hurry! We need to go to school!”

                              Joshua rolled his eyes in annoyance. Unlike Joshua, Vernon was a very cheerful boy who made a lot of people happy and easily adapt to people. He was a nice, smart and talented. Wait, not to mention his good looks. However, it was not his own fault that Joshua was angry every day, actually, it was Vernon’s.

                           

 

                              They were on a critical family condition, both of their parents start to fight a lot over big or small things. Joshua, who couldn’t do much tried his best to keep their parents together. However, during the time when everything was settling down, Vernon jumped to the problem and made their parents to have a huge fight and decided to have a divorce. All Joshua’s hard work, was blown away by Vernon’s wind.

                             Joshua was sad on that reality and both of his parents decided to move away from both of them. One day, not long after the divorce, Joshua was driving back to his house with Vernon. They went into the divorce topic and got Joshua so mad that he hit a tree.

                             Joshua woke up with blurry eyes and a dizzy head, “Where, where am I?”

                             “Finally, you are awake. How do you feel?” said an unfamiliar voice. He widen his eyes a little bit and saw a doctor sat beside him.

                             Joshua slowly got up from his bed but his hands hurt, “ouch,” he winced.

                             “Careful,” the doctor warned, “Your bones and your body are still weak,”

                              He remembered the accident, his range started to boil again but he fell fast asleep.

 

 

                            3 years after, he drank his routine medicine to support his bones before going to the hospital. Vernon fainted at school 6 weeks ago and the doctor warned virus that could lead to seriousness if it was not cured as soon as possible. Joshua hated to pay for the medical treatment but he remembered that his mother always told him to take care of Vernon. Moreover, he need reasons to skip extra classes.

                          “Joshua!” shouted Vernon weakly as Joshua enter the room. He wasn’t at home to greet him every morning.

                          Joshua sighed and he put his backpack on the table. “Normal question.”

                          “Feeling better,” said Vernon with a smile, “have you drink your pills yet?”

                          Joshua nodded blankly and pulled out his phone. During his visit to the hospital, he never actually took care of Vernon. He just sat there, play with the internet and do his school work, once it was 6 at the evening, Joshua left with a “bye” and “don’t be sick.”

                          However, a few months after Vernon was in the hospital, Joshua was at home doing his stuff at 8 at night when he got a phone call.

                          “Hello?” He answered.

                          It was the hospital, there was tense on the other side of the line.  A heart monitor was heard from the background and the nurse on the line with him breathing heavily trying not to cry, she held it in but she still succeed to ask Joshua to come over to the hospital.

                          “Oh, em, I, I am quite busy right now so I couldn’t come. Maybe tomorrow?”

                          There was a silence for a while but even with that silence, Joshua heard tears and the nurse started to cry and told Joshua about Vernon’s critical condition. Joshua was shocked but he was still calm and drove to the hospital relaxed.

                            Once he go there, the hospital was not an ordinary hospital room anymore, it was a panic room . Vernon was wearing an oxygen mask and he was breathing heavily. Nurses and doctors were surrounding him and they were all so busy. The entrance of Joshua sushed everyone. Vernon who first close his eyes opened them and face his one and only brother. 

                             “Joshua!” Vernon said weakly. He turned to all the doctors and nurses who surrounded him. His heart monitor changed rate and he stopped breathing heavily. “Can I have some private time with him please?”

                              The doctor looked very shocked, “No, you are not..”

                               Vernon cut him of, “Please, it was not going to work,”

                              The doctor nodded and left Vernon and Joshua alone. Joshua was confused as Vernon smiled underneath his oxygen mask. “Joshua, come closer, please,”

                                Joshua came closer and sat at the bed beside Vernon’s feet, “Are you okay?”

                               Vernon smiled, “Never heard that in a while. I am going to die, Am I okay?” Joshua sighed for a while and looked at his little brother with sincere eyes. “Joshua, I have something to tell you,”

                              

 

                                Vernon watched horribly as Joshua was not moving on the hospital bed. The bag in front of him at the car had saved his life and only cause a few scars on his body. However, Joshua was a whole different thing. He was injured badly especially his bones and he didn’t woke up for 5 hours after the car accident. The results that the doctor recorded was not a good news either and Joshua had a low chance to survive.

                                Vernon sat at the waiting room biting his nails. He called both of his parents and they were on their way. The doctor came to him with a smile. The doctor told that Joshua have woken up and was given further medications in order for him to survive. His health was better than the hypothesis made earlier but there was one problem. His bones were more damaged than anyone the doctor have seen. It would probably took a life time for it to get back to normal. Vernon was more than worried as he heard this news.

                               “Is there anything I can do to speed it faster?”

                               The doctor smirked. The doctor said that he made a hypothesis to speed up the remaking of the bones. Actually, it was not speeding it, it just temporarily made it normal so that Joshua could move around like normal when his bones were still broken.

                                “How?”

                                “Easy, we need someone to donate their bone vitamins and cells so that it can rebuild themselves,”

                                Vernon took a deep sigh. The doctor told him about donating it every week at such a young age. The doctor even told the side effects that may harm him in the future. However, Vernon didn’t care and his intensions was just to make his brother happy. So, since that day, Vernon secretly went to the hospital.

 

 

                                 

                                “The, the pills,”

                                “Yeah, they are my vitamins. I wonder whether our parents want to donate their vitamins too you. Beg them if they don’t want to, please, I still want you alive,”

                                 “Why do you help me?” asked Joshua confused because he didn’t even know that his bones were at the worst condition possible.

                                 “Because, I love you,” Joshua was stunned by his younger brother’s words, “you are my brother Joshua. I know that I am younger but I want to protect you. I want you to feel happy like I did, I don’t even know the reasons why you are like this.”

                                Before Joshua could even say a word, the heart rate started to beat faster and Vernon was in terrible condition. Joshua tried to call for help to check on Vernon. He sat there beside Vernon, holding both of his cold hands while tears formed quickly on both of his eyes.

                                It was too late as the doctor arrived.

                                “I love you too, Vernon”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I took forever to update . I am so damn busy with school work, why no one told me that my grade is o hard? Anyway, please subscibe, commnet and upvote if possible.