' The Beauty and the Beast '

Chen's Story and Suho's Little Box

Chen POV
I walked to my next class as the bell rang. Xiumin had another class like me so I walked with him to that class, holding hands. I went into the classroom where I sat at my original spot and Xiumin sitting beside me.

“Done your homework babe?” I asked, pinching his cheeks lightly.

“Nope,” he said smiling, “Do you?”

“No,” I said as I covered my back hoping to hide my finished homework, “Not at all. I didn’t even know it until this morning.”

He laughed a little, “What are you talking about? I have done it of course! You have been my boyfriend for almost a year now and have I ever miss a single homework?” 

“No. If I think about it.” I said ashamed.

“That’s Xiumin alright,” he said proudly, “Babe don’t need to be ashamed. I am thankful to have a boyfriend which is really kind like you.” He said with a puppy eye.

I blushed furiously because he was really cute that time, “O-okay.”

He smiled and kissed me on the lips for a few while and let go. I blushed again causing my whole face turning into a giant tomato. Not long after, two girls destroyed the moments by coming over to my place.

“Hey, Chen.” she said in a cute tone, “we were wondering, when will your next story finish?” 

I was surprised though that she didn’t ask anything about my red face, “Well, you know that I need to study more. I am really sorry.” 

“Oh, it’s okay,” another girl said as she sat at the chair in front of me. The other followed and sat beside her, “I know that these days there is a lot of work for us to do.”

“Yeah, it is not easy to make a good story you know.” I said continue the conversation since the class didn’t started yet.

“Wow, that sounds amazing,” said the girl now sharpening her eyes, “what is it about?”

“You want spoilers?” I asked cautiously.

“Emm… tell me the summary of it. I mean, just make me interested to buy it.” 

“Well then,” I answered like I was about to give a speech, “The title is ‘The Beauty and The Beast’.”

“Fantasy?”

“No, don’t get the title the wrong way,” I said, “Is about a girl that was introduced to this boy that just moved to her school. He was violent and happy and they started to fall in love. One day when the girl went somewhere and saw her boyfriend, everything was about to change.” 

“That’s quite interesting.” said the girl nodding her head slowly, yes! I own a customer.

“Don’t worry Chen,” said the other girl, “Interesting or not interesting I will still buy your books. I am a really big fan of your work.” 

“Really? Thank you.” I said in a cute tone that I have no idea why I said it like that.

Just then, Xiumin grabbed my face and kissed me on the lips for a while. He gave me enough time to realize the situation and enjoyed it for a few while then let go.
“Oh, Chen. My baby Chen. What do I told you about using that tone to other people?” said Xiumin as he said it with a lovely tone but with daring eyes.

I just smirked and kissed him again, “Hehe, are you jealous babe?” 

He just smiled, “Class is about to start.”

I could hear both of the girls whispered to each other how cute both of us are. I smirked and kissed him again. They started squealing secretly that caused Xiumin to hit me hard this time.

“What have gotten into you?” 

I smirked and then the teacher walked into the classroom.

“Okay class, take out your homework and switch it with your partner. As usual, we will have your test hand out on the second period.” Said Mr. Sehun.

I took out my homework and the normal class period begun.

Finally, I went home and slammed my bag on top of my bed. I quickly took out my laptop and turned its power on and immediately opened the file I was working on. I typed as fast as my speedy hands could go. I have 2 weeks left and a few chapters to go.

“Hey, how many chapters to go?” asked Suho as he immediately entered the room.

“What do I tell you about knocking?” 

“Sorry,” he smiled, “you know my bad habit.”

“Yeah, 5 more chapters to go.” I said still focusing on the screen in front of me.

“Well you better hurry,” he said tapping on his watch, “2 more weeks.” 

“Yeah, I spent time doing my ‘accounting homework’ sir.” I said sounding a little bit mad.

“Well, start bringing your laptop to school then,” He said, “I will give you time.”    

“Gee, thanks,” I said in a hurry, “Now can you please leave me? I need to have some time here.”

“Need anything?” he asked me before leaving the room completely.

“No, I am fine.” I said still focusing on the screen in front of me.

He left the room while I typed as fast as my slippery fingers could go.


The next day, I did followed his advice and brought my laptop to school. After I finished my work, I realized why I didn’t bring my laptop to school in the first place. People would gather around my table trying to set a glimpse on the upcoming master piece. 

“You guys really love spoilers don’t you?” asked Suho and beckoned them to get back to their respective seats. Everyone left and went back to their seats. “Are you done?” 

“Yeah.” I answered.

“Impressive,” Suho said picking up my paper in front of me, “start the last and finish the first.”

Yeah, of course I am good at it. Suho taught me every day and wouldn’t leave until I understood everything. However, his acting was actually better than mine. We kept our relationship a secret from the whole school and he did a really impressive job. I on the other side didn’t do the best thing ever. I almost get caught once by Xiumin. Well, it was a really wrong thing to lie to your own boyfriend but……

Anyway, Suho was really helpful sometime. Well, most of the time he was really annoying but I bared with it since he needed to do it.

One week and 6 days later...

Ok, now I knew that playing games when you were supposed to do your work wasn’t the best idea in the whole world. Tomorrow was the due date on ‘Beauty and the Beast’ if I wanted to have the deal with the producer first. 

“Damn it, damn it, damn it.” I cursed as I typed really fast on my laptop.

Suho shook his head as he leaned on the wall beside me, “I told you so.”

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN IT!!!!!” again, I cursed.

“It was quite late though. What time you want to sleep tonight” asked Suho yawning.

“As soon as I finished this chapter.” I said.

“How many more chapters to go?”

“Three.”

“Damn, good luck with that.” Said Suho as he tapped my soring back lightly, “I am going to sleep now. If you want more time you may do it in accounting class after you finish your work. I’ll make sure that no one touch your laptop.”

“Thanks. Better go to sleep now.” I said.

“Ok, good night.”

“Night.”


The next morning.
“You woke up real early.” Said Suho as he drove me to school for the first time in this year.

“Don’t mention it,” I said still typing on my keyboard, “I barely sleep thinking about how much stress I have.”

“I could see it. Do you think you can concentrate later?” He asked.

“I have been thinking about skipping school anyway. There is nothing important today so it is okay for me not to concentrate today.” 

“Teachers won’t allow you to play with your laptop.” 

“Don’t worry, it’s still 6 in the morning right? I have until 12 midnight which probably not the best idea in the world.”

Suho shook his head, “School won’t start until 7 so you are free for an hour.”

“Park fast today, once you parked I will run to my classroom.”

“Haha yeah sure.”

That was true though, I ran to my classroom and typed again.

After school, even with some extra time teachers gave me, I was still short on time. I decided to wait Suho to go home so I waited outside the teacher room while I typed again. Finally, 6 in the afternoon, Suho saw me typing like crazy and brought me to his car. While he was driving home, I got a call from my manager.

“Hello?” Suho answered and put it on speaker.

“Hey Chen, today is the deadline. I told the producer to meet up in the studio at 8 so I hope you would be there with your brand new adventure. You are done with it right?” asked my manager.

“Emmm,” I stuttered, “Yeah, don’t worry. I will be there.”

“Good. See you.” He ended the call.

“DAMN IT!! I HAVE TWO HOURS LEFT!!”

“Don’t worry you have one chapter left.” Encouraged Suho.

Well, actually I did finished it right on time.

Unluckily, I wrote that quite in a hurry and I am not the only one competing for our book to be published. This producer only accepted 5 stories and there was like 125 of us. Oh damn.


Few weeks later
I woke up in the sound of my door creaking open. There was Suho opening my room door.

“Rise and shine Jongdae. You might want to check your mail.” Said Suho.

“They have the result already?” I asked a little bit surprised, “Gee, that guy read too many stories that he might finish one novel in an hour.”

I got up and walked outside half with my hair messed up and without slippers. I took the message out of the box, I yawned and carelessly tore the letter. I skipped all those boring paragraphs and jumped right away to the good part.


 ‘Congratulations your book, Beauty and the Beast, would be published.’


I widen my eyes and screamed with joy and I swore that everyone was looking at me. A new masterpiece was born.

 

------

OMG I feel that this chapter is real.y boring though? Do you guys think so? anyway the next chapter will be something connected with XiuChen fighthing. haha spoilers :) anyway please subscrib, upvote and comment. I love you all :)