Fame

Chen's Story and Suho's Little Box

Chen POV

Finally, 2 months later. That was the day. I watched as all of my books that was printed out stocked inside a huge number of trucks.

“With a total of 1 million copies printed and more than average amount of stores ordering the book including foreign stores, we would send them away to be freely read by all people around the globe.” Said my manager.

I watched with a huge smile on my face as the trucks was driving away in different directions to different stores. I was really proud and prayed for my book to succeed.

Few weeks later, I was walking to school and a few groups of girls saw me and squealed.

“Oh, it’s Chen.”

“Chen?”

“The guy who wrote ‘Beauty and the Beast?’”

“Yeah.”

“Oh, that book is good you should read it.”

“I am reading it. It is really interesting.”

“I should buy it though, everyone seems to start buying it.”

“I heard that book started to raise up to bestseller.”

I smiled on what I have heard about.

Things were just getting better when I arrived at school.

“OMG did he really did that?”

“Should I buy that book? Everyone started buying it.”

“Definitely reading that.”

“Had that book earlier than you .”

“It is really interesting.”

I couldn’t stand hearing all those positive comments so I tried as hard as I could to ignore them or I would stepped into class as a huge giant tomato on my face.

Once I arrived at my class without a blushing face, things just got worse. Everyone cheered and started welcoming me like I am some guy of popular guy entering the classroom. I smiled awkwardly on the situation and sat at an empty table. Everyone who passed by my table would smile and congratulated me, even a tap on the back. I felt happy and I thought that things were going better.

It was a few weeks after that when my manager called me to film this variety show. I was excited since I wasn’t in one for a while. Sweat crept down the filming studio as I met the host of the show, the show was not a big or famous show.

Not long after, interviews were lining up. My after school schedule turned into a disaster as a few months passed by. Shows, interview, photo shoot, magazine, and many more were waiting to fit in my schedule. Once, I was really booked that I barely did anything fun related. I was exhausted most of the time but I was lucky enough that Suho didn’t had the heart to hate me back. Every time I went home late, he would set me my bed at the most comfortable condition and would place a tray at my bed with simple healthy snacks and some warm tea that improved my health. He must have been worried about me.

Things were going great, I was really enjoying my time and my family money raised up with all those money I got from my artist-like schedule and all those people buying my book. I felt really proud and really thanked God on what he have given me. However, I did realized that I spent less time with my friends. Oh wait, I barely hang out with them during weekends and after school. Including Xiumin, I could see that he was pretty upset about it. However, he was such an understanding boyfriend. I was guessing in what I would do when I was him and had a conclusion that I would be the selfish one.

Anyway, December is coming. I marked on my calendar on the 12th of December ‘Author awards’

Author awards is like, Daesang awards or Oscar awards or any kind of awards you may think of only this is for authors and books. I was a little worried but I have enough confidence to walk on the red carpet later on since ‘Beauty and the Beast’ have been popular for 3 months now and it was on bestseller one month straight.

My manager was excited as I am. He helped me to choose a neat and fine tuxedo for the show and helped me practice my walk. I took modeling class since I have been called for photo shoot so I am done with that anyway. I made a few friends there, like Jackson, Hongbin and Jungkook.

Jackson was a rapper from a boy group called ‘Got7’ which was really famous and almost reached the top boy group. He was really famous and he was used to it. He loved to wear baggy pants and sleeveless shirt. I understood why he did that since he looked a little bit weird with over-sized T-shirt. He loved to wear caps because he felt that his hair always looked weird on him. However, he always wore the cap upside down. Maybe it was for style after all. I wonder where he came from since he loved black so much. Nearly all the clothing he wore was black. Black, black, black and black. I was getting bored of it.

Despite of his colorless fashion, he helped me a lot with things like interviews and how I should act in front of the camera and he kept giving me tips on how not to be nervous. However, the sad thing was that he didn’t hang out with us that much since he got a group to company and to practice with.

Hongbin, he was a nice guy. He was a pure model who earned his money by his looks. Even though he was a model, he was one of the fashion terrorist. Every clothing looked good on him but he was the only one that could made clothes don’t look so valuable on himself. Someone need to choose his daily clothing so that his reputation didn’t go down.

 I had no one to talk to during the first time I joined the class and he came talking to me right away. Since then, we were friends. He was a great person to talk about your problems, fear, and cameras.

Jungkook, he was a trainee that was going to debut the next 2 years. I was sure he was good at dancing since I saw him staying back in the dance room a lot. He was really tall too and his cute, charismatic face goes well with his amazingly hard body. He knew that he was tall so he gave modelling a shot and my manager agreed on that. He used to have a mushroom-like hair though but my manager made him changed it that turned him into a bias wrecker.

With my fame still around, I always hang out with them and slowly getting closer to them. At the same time, I was getting far from my older friends, and my lovely boyfriend.

I was getting busy too with all my preparations and additional classes but good thing they understand me.

During our half hour break after 3 hours of continuous practice, we four decided to  go to the music room where there was air conditioning there and no one was there to disturb us.

Jungkook opened the door for us that revealed, instruments, small stage and voice recording. We knew that Jungkook loved this place so much. He ran to his favorite guitar that was with its family and played put it on his lap.

“Guys, tell me a song.” Said Jungkook smiling as he sat there in ready position.

“A,” said Jackson as he took off his hat, “From Got7,”

“Ok,” said Jungkook steadying his position, “Ok V, let’s make the hyungs amaze.”

Yep, V, he named that guitar who wasn’t even his V.

Jungkook started to immerse himself to the beat, “Come on hyung, sing with me.”

Hongbin sang the parts and Jackson do his rap, while I just sat there moving my head along with the rhythm. After the song ends, we all clapped together.

“Whoa, that was daebak!” said Jungkook.

“Yeah, we could make a band together.” Said Jackson laughing.

“Hey, we were going to but you already got Got7,” said Hongbin teasingly.

“Did Chen sang just now?” asked Jungkook as he pointed at me.

“No, I don’t think so.” Said Hongbin.

“No, no. I am fine, I am an author anyway. I am not supposed to be in the entertainment industry. I just do that for my living since I need more money.” I said.

It was true though, without my parents around, Suho need to work and being a teacher is not enough to complete the daily basis of a teenager so I worked too.

“This is not about you being in an entertainment industry or no,” he said preparing his guitar again, “I want to hear you sing.”

“Yeah, give it a try.” Said Hongbin encouraging.

“Alright.” I said finally defeated, “what song do you want me to sing?”

“Playground,” said Jackson while he clapped his hands, “By Got7”

“Geez, hyung. You are obsessed with your own songs.” Said Jungkook teasingly as he get V ready, “I only can play the chorus. Is it fine?”

“Yeah,”

Jungkook smiled and started to play with the strings. I cleared my throat and hummed a few melodies, followed the beat and started singing the chorus of ‘Playground’.

“You are my playground playground playground
Neoui maeum sogeseo eoril jeok irheobeorin geu kkumeul chajeulkka
You are my playground playground playground
Nae hwansang sogeseo boatdeon deo johatdeon sarangeul chaja
You are my playground”

After I ended the chorus with a sweet melody, everyone stared at me for a while then clapped as loud as they could.

“Whoa !!! Daebak Hyung!!!!” clapped Jungkook in a totally amazed tone.

“I should admit that he sing a lot better than me.” Said Hongbin with his eyes widen.

I just sat there blushing while a sudden door opening ruined the moment.

I looked over on who it was and in surprise, it was my manager. Moreover, he was clapping his hands too.

“Wow, Chen. You never told me that you could sing.”

“Is.. is that good?” I asked stuttering.

“Good? That was marvelous! If you audition into this entertainment with that angelic voice I have no doubt and accepted you into the family.” He said proudly, “would you like to be a singer too?”

“Emm, I wanted to focus more on the event this December,” I said shrugging a little.

“Ah, Yes! That award,” said my manager while he clapped his hand on the reminder of the award show, “I almost forgot. I would leave you that question to think about after the show okay?”

“Okay,” I said not wanting to disappoint my manager.

He smiled and walked away from the room.

 As the room door was completely shut, Jackson was in one of his monkey positions that showed he was confused on what just happened.

Jungkook slapped himself on his cheeks solid and helped V to slapped his too.

Hongbin was squeezing his cheeks tightly that it was all red.

I tried pinching myself to reality but it hurts.

What the heck just happened?

--------

Another update :) ok my AFF is laging a lot these days. Anyone lagged too?