Crush Me

Alone

Lay sat cleaning himself on the couch waiting for Junmyeon to return so they could watch that drama Junmyeon has – apparently secretly – been enjoying recently. Last week’s episode ended on a cliff hanger that had Junmyeon shouting at the television while Lay had just meowed and pretended that he didn’t know why Junmyeon was annoyed.

Currently, Junmyeon is in the kitchen preparing himself dinner, tonight it will be shredded chicken and rice. Plain, simple, but quite delicious if you asked him. Over the past week he has been slowly taking note of what has been used by his unwelcomed guest, all while attempting to organise a time to get home in hopes of catching them – not that he knows what he would do if he did catch said visitor.

YiFan suggested that – if they were good looking – to sleep with them. While Kyungsoo said that, although he would probably decapitate them, it would be a good idea to call the cops. And still, Junmyeon had no clue what he would do.

Over the week though, he noticed a slight pattern. Only certain foods would be taken and eaten – like the crappy cup noodles Junmyeon had bought lots of but didn’t like. And then there were the clothes that ended up in the washing basket. They were older clothes that he hadn’t worn for years and probably meant to throw out or give to charity. It was as if the visitor had paid him enough attention that he knew what wouldn’t be missed.

There was a slight – only tiny – part of Junmyeon that was grateful to the visitor for eating what he didn’t like, and wearing the clothes he no longer loved. But that tiny part of Junmyeon was only minute, the rest of him was annoyed that he had to wash an extra towel, an extra five sets of clothes, and throw out the rubbish of two people rather than one.

Junmyeon sat down the lounge next to Lay, placing his bowl of rice in his lap as he flicks the channels to find his drama. He stops on the correct channel, catching the end of a variety show before the credits roll and advertisements play. Casually eating as he takes note of several new advertisements, he doesn’t notice Lay crawling into his lap and snaking around the bowl, in order to absorb the warmth that it admits.

Almost unconscious of his own actions, Junmyeon takes a piece of chicken from his teeth and holds it out for Lay while he continues to shovel rice into his mouth. Happily, yet also rather embarrassed by the action, Lay takes the chicken from Junmyeon’s fingers, sitting up away from the bowl to eat more. And before he can even get comfortable against the bowl again, Junmyeon is feeding him again.

Once Junmyeon has finished he sets his bowl down on the coffee table and allows Lay to curl up against his stomach where he gently runs his fingers through the soft caramel fur. Lay falls asleep quite quickly, missing the majority of the drama. Junmyeon however, tells him what happens during the adverts when he moves, complaining the entire time about how the male lead is just so thick.

They go to bed when the drama is finished, Lay gets comfy at the end of the bed near Junmyeon’s feet, while Junmyeon makes sure his alarm is set. Before Junmyeon falls asleep, he whispers a sentence that makes Lay feel incredibly guilty.

“I wish you were a human Lay.”

 

Junmyeon already having left, Yixing is getting his clothes out before heading to the shower. All night he has been thinking of Junmyeon’s words from last night. He was human, most of the time. Like when Junmyeon wasn’t around. And although at the café he did see Junmyeon in his human form, he didn’t exactly say a lot to the other. It was becoming painfully obvious to everyone – including himself – that Yixing had a crush. Really, he wasn’t all too surprised. When you were pampered and loved by someone for months on end you must inevitably fall for the person who is pampering you.

For Yixing, last night was just one of the times where he felt more than loved by Junmyeon. However, he knew that Junmyeon only saw their relationship as one of pet and owner, nothing but a dependent relationship on Yixing’s part. And as far as Junmyeon was concerned that was the end of it, he was free to love and get his heart broken whenever he wanted because he had Lay to come home to it would all be okay.

But… Last night… that changed things for Yixing.

I wish you were human.

I wish you were human.

Human.

What did that mean?

Did Junmyeon want him to be human so he could date him?

But he could date anyone… he just need the confidence to go up and ask to date them.

Did Junmyeon want him to be human so he could have a human rely on him?

In that case he should have just adopted a child.

What did it even mean…?

Yixing was just so unsure by what Junmyeon wanted from him…

 

Today was one of those days that Junmyeon went to the café for lunch. Kyungsoo and YiFan were already waiting for him when he came out of his cubical, Kyungsoo especially keen to see his almost boyfriend. They drive there talking of how annoying their latest assignments are, it’s the usual conversation, it’s only when they get to the café that they stop complaining about work. Instead they usually mock each other and tease each other for being so incredibly single.

Over the past several visits Junmyeon had given each of the wait staff their own ‘pet’ names. Claiming that everyone would defiantly have different names for their ‘cat forms’ as YiFan had put it. There wasn’t too much thought behind the names but Junmyeon had told everyone what he had picked for them.

Junmyeon decided that Chanyeol would either be Yoda or Yeolie, Baekhyun had laughed at this, but frowned when Junmyeon said that his name would be Princess. Jongin – much to Kyungsoo’s annoyance – got a name too, Kai. Minseok became Minnie and Luhan – even though he proclaimed that he would be a very manly tom – was LuLu.

Then there was Yixing, who had the same caramel ears as Lay, and although their personalities seemed to be polar opposites – Lay being a rather sociable loving cat and Yixing a rather shy person – Junmyeon thought that Yixing would look like Lay if he were a cat, or maybe Lay would look like Yixing if he were human, Junmyeon hadn’t really thought about it too much... not really. And though he never said it out loud, he had nicknamed Yixing, Lay.

Junmyeon wasn’t attracted to Yixing. There was no way in the world that he found Yixing attractive. No… He didn’t have a crush… or at least that’s what he told himself. It was also why he told his cat to become a human, in order to see if he was right about his theory about Yixing and Lay looking similar. It wasn’t selfish at all. He didn’t want his future partner to have the personality of his cat, or the looks of a waiter that never spoke more than a few sentences to him. There was no way that was what he wanted.

He didn’t have a crush.

Not at all.

He didn’t have time… 

 

A/N:: I started this chapter off with a plan... and then I lost it half way through so I went with a new thing and it kind of ended up like a filler chapter. I promise that stuff will happen next chapter...

I probably should have been studying instead of this (I have an assessment due this week that I have been avoiding like the plauge...) But I didn't want to disapoint you guys by making you wait three weeks instead of two... Life is hard... Don't become an adult... it drains everything from you...

Anyway, until next time ^^ Lets hope I get it written before time and instead of a procrastination task! Hahaha <3 Hope you enjoyed it ^^