Face First

Alone

It had been quite some time since Jongin had seen Kyungsoo in the café. It had been six or so weeks since Jongin himself had seen Kyungsoo, but Minseok claimed that he had visited one weekend Jongin had taken off to study with his friend Sehun. When Jongin found out that Minseok had seen the other he had several questions form at the back of his throat.

Did he look well? Did he eat? Was he disappointed that he wasn’t served by Jongin? What did he order? Did he hit Baekhyun again?

Too many questions that Jongin probably shouldn’t ask because it would make him seem incredibly desperate. Which he is. And in all honesty, it isn’t too bad, but when Baekhyun is listening… Things are made worse. Especially since he has founded some love-hate friendship with Kyungsoo. Jongin isn’t exactly keen on that but lets it slide because it normally results in Baekhyun getting hit or something which is always amusing.

So, after six or so long, tiresome Kyungsoo-less weeks, he finally arrives followed by his two workmates. Jongin is rather fond of them both, finding Junmyeon quite humorous even though no one else does and YiFan’s quirks quite endearing.

Jongin watches as they find their way to their regular table in the café and almost has to fight Baekhyun for the right to serve their table – no one but Minseok notices though thank goodness.

Grabbing his notepad and pen Jongin straightens his shirt and adjusts his ears all before walking over to take their orders. They haven’t changed from before and Jongin nearly forgets to write down Kyungsoo’s as it is the same as always and his lips are way too beautiful.

“Jongin… the order?” Minseok mutters, waving a hand in front of his face and snatching the pad from his hand in order to start on the coffees.

Baekhyun jabs Jongin’s ribs while Minseok curses to himself about how Luhan’s ideal career as an idol would probably run smoother than the way his café does.

“Get that stupid grin off your face,” Baekhyun mutters, wrapping an arm around Jongin’s shoulders. “You look like a dog.”

Jongin sighs, he knows he does. He can’t help it. Kyungsoo is just… Kyungsoo… there is this weird magnetic force that is pulling at Jongin and he just wants to be with Kyungsoo whenever he is in the café…

“I can give you some advice if you like…” Baekhyun suggests. But Jongin shakes him off with a frown before recalling the last time Baekhyun gave ‘advice’.

Last time, Jongin ended up with a coffee stain on his shirt and had to buy new cat ears for work. Minseok had also scolded him which made things worse… Minseok was always so kind, and so being scolded by him was like disappointing that one family member that lets you get away with pretty much anything.

“Hey, Baekhyun could I talk with you for a second?” a deep voice asks, and Jongin jumps out of YiFan’s way, scared the giant may trample him.

“Sure you can handsome.” Baekhyun replies, winking at Jongin before walking over to an empty table to talk about who knows what.

“Jongin, can you please help Yixing with the cakes?” Minseok says, cleaning the coffee machine again before finally starting on the coffee order Jongin had partially given him.

Without question, or reply, Jongin moves behind the counter to help Yixing place three different deserts on cake plates – that are decorated with cute cat designs that makes Jongin question people sanity for even eating here. Yixing is muttering under his breath something in Mandarin, Jongin can only pick up the swear words Luhan taught him while on break once, but he is pretty sure he is cursing at himself and his crush on Junmyeon that everyone knows about.

“You know, Hyung, its easier if you just tell him that you like him.” He says, placing a dark chocolate lava cake in the microwave.

Yixing sighs, returning the orange and poppy seed cupcake tray to the display fridge. “It’s not that easy…”

The microwave beeps and Jongin feels like he needs to says something like ‘I know how you feel’ to Yixing, but for some reason he feels that Yixing has worse problems than him. In all honesty, he has felt like he has been left out of the loop since the older started working here. It didn’t bother Jongin at first, but now, feeling like he couldn’t comfort a friend when he needed it… Jongin felt incredibly bothered by it.

“I’ll be okay Jongin.” The older says, piping cream on all three plates. “Just take these over before they all get up and leave.”

Jongin does as told, and returns a few minutes later to retrieve the coffee’s that Minseok finally finished.

“Thank you.” Kyungsoo mutters when he sets them down.

YiFan, who returned shortly before Jongin bought the cakes over, has a eating grin on his face which Jongin is about to comment on when suddenly Kyungsoo is falling sideways off his chair. He manages to steady himself enough that he doesn’t hurt himself but due to the force of the fall he ends up with face falling into Jongin’s crotch.

That sparks something entirely involuntary in Jongin as blood starts coarse straight there. Almost immediately Kyungsoo is off the floor and running away toward the bathroom. Looking back at the two remaining patrons Jongin doesn’t know what to do.

Junmyeon is purely shocked by the entire event, looking between YiFan and Kyungsoo’s chair accusingly. While YiFan’s expression hasn’t really changed at all, the only difference is his eyes are in contact with Jongin’s and he is nodding his head in the direction Kyungsoo disappeared.

Apologising over his shoulder Jongin starts running after him.

Jongin finds Kyungsoo in the bathroom, practically hyperventilating in a cubicle.

“Kyungsoo… Are you okay?” He asks at the door timidly. He doesn’t really know what to do. Does he apologise and say it’s okay or does he say it’s okay and then apologise… Or does he do neither of those and simply blurt out how he feels?

“Oh my God!” Kyungsoo cries out, it echo’s around the bathroom and Jongin feels a pang to his chest.

“I am so sorry Jongin!” He says, “I… I am going to kill YiFan…”

Jongin knows that Kyungsoo doesn’t really mean that he will literally kill YiFan but the words still send a shiver down his spine and settles as a fear in the pit of his stomach. But his heart is racing with excitement and nerves and he no longer knows what he feels.

Clearing his throat, Jongin speaks up, “It… It’s okay Kyungsoo… You don’t need to kill him…”

The stall door is flung open and Kyungsoo appears, all red cheeked and angry. Jongin feels like cannot fall more in love at this point.

“It is not okay! He needs to die!”

Holding the door back with one hand and the frame of the stall in the other, Kyungsoo’s chest rises and falls rapidly. He is fuming. Of all things for YiFan to do to attempt to push him and Jongin together… His eyes flicker up and down Jongin’s body and Kyungsoo can feel his cheeks flame even brighter as he recalls Jongin’s natural reaction. He feels it would have been nice if the reaction was just for him, but he knows that if he had someone’s face in his crotch he would probably react the same way.

With the conclusion drawn that Jongin’s body is stupid and Kyungsoo indeed hates it for being stereotypically adolescent, he lets go of the stall. Instead runs his hands through his hair and sighs.

“I’m sorry about… you know…” He mutters.

Jongin looks down at his hands which he has been twisting in front of himself since Kyungsoo opened the stall door. “Its okay…”

Nodding Kyungsoo looks away and moves toward the sink to wash his hands. “You should probably do something about it.”

That earns a squeak from Jongin, whose voice cracks when he attempts to speak again. “You…”

“I felt it against my face Jongin, of course I know. It’s okay though, it’s a natural reaction… Totally normal…”

“It’s natural..?” Jongin half whispers confused.

“Goddamn it Jongin, how old are you?” Kyungsoo mutters, drying his hands and finally turning back to face the younger. “Yes, it’s natural. It’s called an . It’s when all the blood rushes to your to make it hard. They happen when you get or when your gets touched or when something that reminds you of ual happens. Or even for no reason at all. And sometimes for the weirdest things.”

“Oh my God! Kyungsoo! Shut up!” Jongin yells. “I know about that!”

Kyungsoo sighs with relief. “Thank goodness for that. I was starting to worry that you didn’t know anything.”

Looking at the floor, Jongin lets out a deep breath. “I know a lot of stuff… and… I know… Why stuff happens… Especially why that happened.”

“Yeah I know. It was like I was-“

Jongin cuts Kyungsoo off, shoving his hand over his mouth. “It happened because my and I like you.”

 

A/N:: Okay so here is the chapter... Yay~! haha... KaiSoo was a must. I love them and wanted them to have a scene it also breaks up the NOTHING that is going on between SuLay... >< it is a lot longer than I was originally expecting and I kind of hope that my humour isn't too crude... :/ or not funny at all... >< I am not funny at all. I fail at humour... I can't even make good puns... Like they seriously fail. Even my friend that likes puns doesn't laugh at mine. she just frowns as says "No." haha

I hope you enjoyed this Kaisoo chapter. we will return to the main story next chapter where stuff will actually happen I PROMISE... I just wanted some Kaisoo... And they didn't even get together... Maybe I will do an other KaiSoo chapter interval thing later... Who knows... 

Also, I thought that I should let you know my basic schedule so you know that if I disapear, I am not dead.... Just dying... starting from the 23rd, I have an assessment. 27th I am going to supanova (kinda like a downscaled comicon), 30th exam, 1st and 2nd Dec I have lab classes. 7th Dec, assessment. 14th-16th massive Lab session. 18th another assessment. I have more stuff towards the end of December and in January but I honestly don't know the schedule for this story yet so I may be done or may not... who knows... It really depends on how I feel I guess... I hope I shall be finished this by late December but it also may be late January... either way I am working on it - and my assessments - as hard as I can.