Confessions

Alone

YiFan excuses himself from the table wordlessly and makes his way over to where Baekhyun and Jongin seem to be arguing about something. As he gets closer he overhears Baekhyun offering the younger some advice. He interrupts before Jongin can even give a verbal answer.

“Hey, Baekhyun could I talk with you for a second?” YiFan asks in his deep voice.

As he expected, Baekhyun accepts the request with a wink. He is Byun Baekhyun after all.

They sit in at an unoccupied table in the far corner of the café where neither staff nor patron could hear their conversation unless purposely listening in.

“What’s up?” Baek asks, dropping his flirtatious antics almost instantly. The two of them both know that they are better off as friends over anything else.

“Just in case you hadn’t picked up on it yet, Junmyeon likes Yixing. And Kyungsoo has a thing for Jongin over there. I just wanted to confirm that my thoughts on the other two feeling the same was actually true.”

Baekhyun nods, he had picked up on the mutual feelings Jongin and Kyungsoo shared from early on. For Junmyeon however, it had always been hard to determine whether he was truly into Yixing or if he just thought he was adorably cute. It always surprised Baekhyun how many people would hit on Yixing to get a reaction out of him rather than in order to score a date.

“You got it in one. You have a plan don’t you?”

Sighing, YiFan shrugs. “I lied to Kyungsoo and said I had one that could help Junmyeon and Yixing together… But for Kyungsoo and Jongin… I think they just need a little push.”

Laughing to himself, Baekhyun nods, completely understanding YiFan’s words. “Well, say you actually did give them a push and it worked out well. Really well. And those two took longer than what they should… Yixing may walk in on them…”

“I think I get where this is going but please continue.”

“Yixing is an innocent at heart. No matter what his thoughts are always pure and if he were to see something that wasn’t he may have a bit of a breakdown and be in need of consolation.”

“And that’s when we push Junmyeon into this situation?” YiFan asks, the cogs were already turning in his mind. He knew exactly how that would turn out, if the manga he read was anything to go by.

“Yup.” Baekhyun says, sliding his chair back before standing up. “We better get back to work then YiFan.” He winks before walking back behind the counter to talk with Minseok about something not even remotely important.

****

YiFan’s plan worked rather well if you were to ask him. Now he just needed the second half to go the same way and he would no longer have to worry about a moping Junmyeon.

“That was a bit harsh YiFan.” Junmyeon mutters, picking at his cake with a small fork.

“You and I both know they just needed a little push. And he is more than likely going to get laid because of this.” YiFan sips at his coffee, hiding his smirk. He was quite proud of how Kyungsoo had landed face first in Jongin’s crotch.

Who would have guessed that he would have near pinpoint accuracy?

 

Kyungsoo had ran passed Yixing near fifteen minutes ago. Jongin had followed soon after in quite a hurry, barely muttering something about needing to apologise to Yixing as he passed. Baekhyun insisted that the two needed at least ten minutes alone, and so took over Jongin’s tables acting as though nothing had happened between the two.

If he were honest with himself, Yixing would have thought that YiFan had pushed Kyungsoo off his chair, but having been mildly distracted by other things – Junmyeon – he only saw the part where Kyungsoo crashed into Jongin. And therefore, assumed that Kyungsoo was somehow scared into falling off his seat. Sometimes, Yixing thought, that may happen.

As more time passed, Yixing increasingly grew worried about both Kyungsoo and Jongin. He kept glancing back at the bathroom to which they ran and wondering if it was okay to check on them now. It had been near twenty minutes, and if they stayed much longer Kyungsoo would have to walk back to work. Although, YiFan seemed to be in no hurry to leave the café. The three of them did receive a little more than an hour for lunch most of the time after all.

“Yixing, if you are that worried about it, go check.” Baekhyun says, bumping hips with the older. He has a smirk on his lips but Yixing is too preoccupied to notice it.

“Do you think it would be okay?” He looks towards Minseok who, for once, is actually indulging Luhan by bending over to get more coffee beans from under the bench behind the counter.

Minseok simply nods at Yixing, Baekhyun gives him the thumbs up before leaving to wait on some new customers. Yixing makes his way around the back, towards the bathroom. He has this feeling in the pit of his stomach that something is going to happen. He doesn’t know if it is a good feeling or a bad one. His stomach just twists and turns with anticipation as he pushes the bathroom door open.

 

After a while of sitting in silence, YiFan finally speaks up again. “We had a deal you know.” He mutters, staring at the swirling melted ice cream at the top of his affogato.

“You and Kyungsoo?” Junmyeon asks through a mouthful of cake, eyes following Yixing as he talks with Baekhyun.

“Nope. You and I. I do believe it was that you would ask Yixing out the next time we saw him or something along those lines?”

Hanging his head, Junmyeon sighs. “I have been trying to work out what to say to him.”

YiFan shakes his head, of course, Junmyeon would be thinking of the perfect way to go about this, even if there wasn’t one. “If it helps, I know he likes you too.”

Instantly, Junmyeon’s eyes light up and he is starting to resemble Jongin in the way that he seems to be reacting to the news. They flicker slightly, trying to keep his eye on Yixing while also keeping contact with YiFan in attempt to remain polite. It’s made easier as Yixing travels out the back.

“Baekhyun told me just before. I thought I should double check before I tell you what I think I know.”

That somehow make the news feel more realistic for Junmyeon. It is one thing for YiFan to tell him that he think Yixing has similar feelings, it’s another for YiFan to state that Yixing’s friend confirmed it.

“You should go confess to him.” YiFan mutters, looking at his watch, “I am pretty sure he is about to go on a break so it should be fine to do it now. Go ask him out.”

Junmyeon feels YiFan pushing at his knees with his feet and it doesn’t take him long to get up and dust off his pants. “Fine.” He tuts, before following the path Yixing took not even minutes before.

If his friends were as kind as he was, YiFan feels he would have already found the perfect partner by now.

 

It takes seconds before Junmyeon sees Yixing. At first it looks as though he has been kicked in the gut as he is doubled over against the door before him. Junmyeon walks faster, attempting to not creep the other out while also remaining horribly concerned. Yixing covers his eyes with his hand as he kneels forward on the floor, he seems to be muttering something under his breath. His head falls forward and rests between his knees. Then it happens. He is a mere two steps away from Yixing, and it just happens in the blink of an eye.

There is no puff of smoke. No magic words. And as far as Junmyeon can tell there are no trap doors anywhere around here. Yixing just vanishes.

Junmyeon is speechless.

Eyes wide, mouth agape. He doesn’t think he could say anything if he tried.

It happened so fast that he really wasn’t sure if this was reality or not.

One minute Yixing was on the floor, head between his knees, and the next there was a pile of clothes in his place. Breathing in deeply, Junmyeon closes the distance between him and the clothing. He leans down to pick up the shirt, because there had to be a clue to where Yixing went and how he disappeared so easily.

Pulling the shirt up he hears a familiar ridiculous disgruntled sound that could only just pass for a ‘meow’.

“Lay?!” Junmyeon screams as his cat looks up at him with wide eyes from beneath the shirt.

 

A/N:: I apologise for taking forever with this chapter, my life (school/social/family) got so busy these past few months. However, I am now on holidays and plan on updating much more frequently, so I hope I can make up for the long wait period with that. 

Finally, Yixing is revealed to be Lay and Junmyeon found out about it. In the next chapter please look forward to more of Junmyeon's reaction. I hope you find it mildly comical. OR maybe it will disapoint you completely in that department... 

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this and look forward to the next chapters to come~! 
Once again I apologise for the long wait !! Thank you for sticking with me so long!! <3333