Plans

Alone

A/N:: I'M SORRY I TOOK SO LONG TO UPDATE (for reasons and excuses see end of chapter)

 

Yixing rubbed his forehead for the fifth time in fewer minutes. His brain hadn’t been working at its best since Junmyeon said those things. Honestly he didn’t know what was worse, the fact that he believed Junmyeon and worked himself up a second time after his words, or the fact that he couldn’t do anything about them.

Across the café, ignoring his duties in order to stare at his boyfriend, Luhan suddenly calls out to Yixing.

“Come over here!” he says, sitting down at one of the tables, waving his arm at the younger to come sit with him.

Yixing sighs, glad that the café isn’t very busy right now, and makes his way out from behind the counter – with Minseok’s permission of course. He is lucky to have such a kind boss. He moves through the tables and slumps down in a seat across from Luhan.

“What’s up?” he says, looking at Luhan – who has once again returned to staring at his boyfriend.

“What would you do if you were normal?” he asks nonchalant, not taking his eyes away from Minseok, who has bent over to pick up a new bag of coffee beans. Yixing wishes he didn’t hear the longing sigh Luhan lets out.

Instead he focuses on the question given to him. He had thought about it many times. In all his original fantasies he finished school. He found a good job that paid well, a loving partner that his family would approve of and had a family of his own. No one in his fantasy had cat ears, or a tail. No one could turn into a cat either. It was all plain. All boring.

But now… Now that question was harder than he had thought it could ever be. He had never considered what it would be like if he was just Yixing. Never thought of how it would be if he was just human. Would he ask Junmyeon out? Would he even know Junmyeon? And if he did would he still feel like this toward him? Or was it simply attachment he felt now?

Luhan gripping his wrist causes Yixing to jump in his seat. Luhan is smiling softly, watching as the worry lines in Yixing forehead slowly fade away.

“Imagine if you were normal for just a minute when he walks in. Just for that time he is in the room.” Luhan whispers, “That you are both Yixing and Lay, but you are normal. That you are Lay to him only in your dreams, that Yixing is the only real part. What would you do then?”

Yixing looks stumped, Luhan thought that he might have been able to help. That if he gave Yixing the idea that nothing could go wrong asking Junmyeon out, then everything would be alright.

Sighing, Luhan gives Yixing a pat on the shoulder, “If I were you, I would just go for it.”

 

“Are you sure YiFan?” Kyungsoo ask for the third time, he honestly doesn’t know how this is going to work. Junmyeon may be an idiot but he isn’t really that dense. Nothing like this would have worked on him if Kyungsoo planned it.

YiFan simply nods, pulling Kyungsoo down the corridor by his wrist. Any other time he might have feared his safety, but for now he knew that he was okay. Kyungsoo was still trying to work out where to pull the plug on the plan, however, YiFan had thought it out thoroughly and knew exactly three possible ways it could go. He just hopped that the waiter he wanted would be there today.

 

Junmyeon jumps at the chance to go to the Cat Café. It has been such a long time since he has seen Yixing that he has almost forgotten how he looks when he smiles. He is reminded, however, as soon as they enter the café. Lay flashing his dimpled smile before blushing profusely and hiding behind the counter.

YiFan leads Junmyeon and Kyungsoo to a table in the far corner and almost immediately leaves them to talk to Baekhyun who – by the looks of it – just returned from his break. Baekhyun keeps glancing over at the two of them, but Junmyeon pays no mind to it, and Kyungsoo is too busy with his eyes flittering around the café looking for Jongin  to concern himself with Baekhyun for now.

It’s been a long time since any of them have been here. The past few weeks of hell having driven them to the point of exhaustion and beyond and therefore giving them no time for anything more than rest.

Junmyeon regrets not coming here for so long. Before he could have at least achieved more than one smile and a stuttered hello from Yixing. But now, nothing more than the customer friendly smile to greet him at the door. He doesn’t know if it is because Yixing is back at square one, or if he has grown tired of waiting for Junmyeon to return.

Returning with a sigh, YiFan comfortably falls into his chair. Patting Kyungsoo on the shoulder.

“Baekhyun said that he’s on a break. He will come to say hello in a few minutes.” He reassures the youngest.

Kyungsoo nods, and rests his head down on the table top. “It’s been so long…”

Junmyeon agrees, nodding his head, but not entirely paying their conversation much attention. Too occupied with how he should go about talking to Yixing now that he is back to his original state.

While Minseok makes their coffee’s YiFan and Kyungsoo complain about how lonely they are, how their needs cannot be met without help. Junmyeon joins in occasionally. Commenting on how disturbing their fantasies are or how absurd it is that they don’t believe they have much chance with anyone who they claim is their ‘type’.

Kyungsoo is proved wrong when Jongin acts more like a puppy seeing his master at the end of a long day than an actual human greeting a customer when he brings their coffees over. Jongin’s reaction causes YiFan to push Kyungsoo off his seat and straight into Jongin’s crotch. Kyungsoo turns a bright shade of red before running away to the bathroom with Jongin following after him, apologising over his shoulder at the other two.

“What was that for?” Junmyeon asks, looking at YiFan’s smug expression and frowning.

YiFan simply shrugs, and sips his coffee, “They needed a push to go a little further. I’m over watching them flirt and not getting together. This way at least they will probably have .”

Spluttering, Junmyeon looks away. He doesn’t know how to react. Sure he has heard more than his fair share of YiFan’s ual escapades and he has even heard some of Kyungsoo’s, but that doesn’t change the fact that his friend could possibly get laid because his face landed in someone’s crotch. It doesn’t change the fact that YiFan might do something like that to him and Yixing if he doesn’t make a move soon.  

 

A/N:: Once again, I am sorry I took so long to update. I didn't mean for it to be so long without an update. 

Last time I said I had my birthday, then exams, then I had a birthday gathering then I was on holidays, for two weeks. In which I was going to write, a lot. It was my only plan. My only job. But I watched anime and read manga instead. Then I went to Sydney to see BIGBANG and I couldn't really update then... And then suddenly I am a week behind in my school work and need to get on top of things. Which is why I am updating now. I am on top of things, and its midnight and I wrote this lame chapter because I am disapointed in myself for taking so long.

I will tell you that although nothng seems to have happened in this latest update, it is leading to it. 

Once again, I am so so so so so sorry for not updating, I will update again by the end of the week (hopefully). Thank you for all stickying by me and commenting and loving and just being beautiful even though I . I love you. <3

P.S. I watched Celebrity Chef with Lay in it, and OMG he is such a cutey pumpkin pie~ Who gets a whole watermelon and tells a judge that it is soley to eat after finishing the challenge. Lay does~!