Explaination

Alone

Of all days for his world to start falling apart it had to be the day he actually gained the courage to ask out the cute waiter at the cat café he frequented.

And the way his world had to fall apart just had to be due to the cute boy that wore caramel coloured automated cat ears and tail.

It all had to come down to the fact that those ears and that tail weren’t automated.

All had to be because that cute waiter had to turn into a bloody cat.

Which was impossible.

It had to be impossible.

Junmyeon’s eyes overflowed with tears as a stood and walked out of the corridor. Of course this had to happen to him. Of course it did.

He walks over to their table and picks up his wallet before heading to the door. He wants to go home. Just wants to curl up in bed and sleep for a while.

"Whoa!" YiFan says, having been completely ignored. He holds his hands up as if in self-defence, attempting to stop Junmyeon. Junmyeon is just looking at the floor, sniffling, so YiFan bends his knees in attempt see his face. "What's up? What's with the crying?" 

He is thinking that Junmyeon has been rejected, which is something that shouldn’t have happened. This was thought out pretty darn well. He wouldn’t send his friend in to battle without some back up.

Junmyeon adverts his eyes. "I don't want to talk about it…” The younger sighs, “C...could you just let everyone know I've gone home sick?"

YiFan's eyebrows bunch together in worry for his friend. The last time he had seen Junmyeon cry over someone seemed like forever ago. 

"Sure..." He mutters, leading Junmyeon to the door, "I can do that... just promise me you will go straight home. Give that cat of yours a hug for me too okay?"

Junmyeon flinches slightly, but agrees anyway. "'Kay..." He mutters before bowing and heading towards home.

YiFan sighs, his shoulders visibly slumping. It isn’t long before Luhan emerges from out back and instructs everyone – bar YiFan – to leave the café as something has come up. Several patrons send Luhan a weird look when he doesn’t move to tell YiFan this, but they don’t audibly question his actions.

Once they have all finished their drinks and have left over cakes placed in takeaway boxes, Luhan disappears down that corridor again. Barely thirty seconds pass before he is back, ushering Jongin and Kyungsoo to sit with YiFan.

“Stay here.” He says to them. “Baekhyun will explain everything, so please… Just relax?”

Sighing Luhan leaves, once again. Jongin and Kyungsoo look pale and YiFan wants to ask what exactly is going on but knows that it will all be over soon, that Baekhyun will explain it all to them.

Kyungsoo leans forward and crosses his arms over the top of his head. First Yixing had caught him and Jongin in the bathroom doing something they really could have waited for, then this. The two of them had heard the majority of what had occurred through the bathroom and door. Jongin claimed that he honestly had no clue what was going on when they heard Junmyeon exclaim that Yixing had turned into Lay. At first they thought that it was some kind of prank. But seeing Yixing turn into a cat before their eyes after opening the door to see Junmyeon leave… Well they at least knew it was no longer a prank.

Jongin rubs circles into Kyungsoo’s back. The elder’s head spins as he tries to make logical sense of what had actually occurred but nothing connected to anything at all logical. The only thing that even came to mind was YiFan’s creepy stash that included such mystical creatures that Yixing seemed to identify as.

A sigh interrupts their musings and everyone looks up to see Baekhyun pulling out a chair and slumping down into it.

Well…” he starts, “That went to . Yixing could have at least waited a little bit longer before he turned into a ing cat.”

YiFan’s eyes widen. “What?” He exclaims, leaning closer, with his eyebrows raised.

“Oh great.” Baekhyun mutters, eyeing Jongin and Kyungsoo. “You could have at least filled him in on that much, now I have to tell the long story rather than the abbreviated version.”

Kyungsoo’s nostrils flair. “I’m sorry that I kind of wanted to sort out my head before telling YiFan that I saw my friends crush turn into a ing cat!

“Soo…” Jongin whispers, he doesn’t know what else to do. On one hand Baekhyun is right, they probably should have told YiFan, but Kyungsoo is right too. Who in their sane mind would believe two people saying that their friend turned into a cat at will.

Baekhyun lets out another sigh, “You have a point.”

“Please tell me what’s going on…” YiFan mutters, dragging his hands down his face. This is stupid and getting nowhere. He just wants to know why Luhan kicked everyone out while Junmyeon left crying and why everyone else is talking about Yixing turning into a cat.

“Okay,” Baek says, shifting to a more comfortable story telling position. “So the thing is, Yixing can turn into a cat. Always has been able to, it’s a weird family trait. Oh, and his cat ears are real, he can’t get rid of them. Nor the tail. They kind of just stay when he’s a human. I guess it would hurt too much to extend your spine to that extent every time you went from human to cat…”

YiFan nods, even though it sounds like something out of a manga, he has to believe it considering both Jongin and Kyungsoo are now nodding along to Baekhyun like he speaks the truth of God.

“So, one day he was sleeping on his clothes like he does in cat form, gets taken in by the pound and your handsome friend adopts him.”

“So…” YiFan mutters, “Junmyeon essentially owns Yixing?”

Jongin laughs at that.

“YiFan, did you seriously just turn this into a thing?” Baekhyun asks, earning more laughter from both Jongin and YiFan. “But… yeah… in a way he does. But let’s get back on track, I think Minseok would kill me if I didn’t do this properly. Where was I?”

"Lay and Yixing are one in the same?" Kyungsoo offers softly.

 

The door to his apartment is unlocked. Which, honestly shouldn’t surprise him given his new found knowledge, yet, it does. He checks just in case when he arrives at the door and the door handle turns freely for him. It just adds to the pain as his gut stings at the finding.

Entering the apartment it looks the same as it did this morning. However, at a second glance there is a severe lack of rubbish scattered around the living room and the bowl he used for his cereal is nowhere to be see. As Junmyeon makes his way to the kitchen he finds it in the sink, soaking in grey water with several cups and other utensils.

As he wonders through the house he has this overwhelming feeling that something is missing. He knows what it is. Of course he knows. He just doesn’t want to think about it.

He doesn’t want to think about the lack of caramel fur that didn’t greet him when he walked through the door. He doesn’t want to think about the lack of attempted meows that aren’t bouncing around the walls. He doesn’t want to think about the fact that Lay isn’t there.

 

A/N:: I see a lot of you are kind of annoyed at Junmyeon in the comments, and I guess I understand why, but at the same time... Hes not a bad guy! But you'll see more of that next chapter I promise.

I tried to give you a slight comic relief from the seriousness of stuff with the aid of Byun Baekhyun who, in my eyes, will attempt to make every situation lighter with the help of humour! Haha

Thanks for commenting guys love you loads, stay tuned for the next chapter~! (P.S. I am starting it now cause its late and I am really into it so it will be up in a few days~!)