Stressful

Alone

To be honest, Yixing had no clue why he was sulking. As soon as he had arrived home that afternoon he had shifted and crawled under Junmyeon’s bed still inside Junmyeon’s shirt that he had borrowed for the day. After his talk with Baekhyun and Minseok he thought he would at least feel a little better, but alas, he felt worse. The two of them weren’t exactly the best at helping cheer him up when they were together.

According to Baekhyun, asking Junmyeon out would solve all his problems. He would be able to be both Junmyeon’s cat and his lover. Which, at first didn’t seem like a bad thing. That was until Minseok pointed out that Yixing would either look suspicious always late for dates and leaving early. Or, the alternative was that Lay would look like he was leaving Junmyeon in an apartment on the third floor… With all the windows and doors locked…

This made Yixing unbelievably saddened. He would even struggle to be both Junmyeon’s lover and cat… He was stuck being one or the other.

But then Baekhyun decided that after a month, if they still were going strong and Junmyeon showed no signs of telling his secret or flipping his , then Yixing could tell Junmyeon. To prove his story he could shift into his cat form and Junmyeon could fall even more in love with him. Minseok thought that, even if Junmyeon took the cat to human thing well, he wouldn’t take it well when he worked out Yixing and Lay were the same. He would freak out and call Yixing a stalker. That’s how things worked in the real world anyway.

After that Baekhyun seemed to be out of ideas. He had left and Minseok told Yixing he could have the rest of the day off for stress related reasons.

For Yixing, being a cat seemed like his only option for staying with Junmyeon for now…

 

After what seemed like the longest day ever at the office, Junmyeon finally was able to go home and sleep. All day all he had thinking about – in between writing reports and making mathematical errors that were so simple he had no idea how he made them – curling up with Lay in bed. Of course, occasionally his thoughts drifted to a waiter that had probably forgotten about him, but he always forced himself to think of Lay. Lay would feel abandoned if he went out with Yixing. That’s just what happened, cats felt like they were being replaced so often that they would probably get jealous of a mobile phone.

Opening the door to his apartment, he, yet again, finds Lay missing. Calling out to his pet, he drops his stuff by the door and proceeds to look through the apartment for the fluffy creature. He looks around the kitchen, in the bathroom and under the couch. It is only when he sees a shirt moving out from under his bed that he even consider the cat to have been under there.

Picking up the wriggling shirt, cat still within, he helps Lay come unstuck from his entanglement.

“I thought you’d gone missing you silly cat.” Junmyeon sighs, “Why didn’t you come when I called you? Or at least make some noise?”

Lay doesn’t react, he just flops in Junmyeon’s arms, making his owner sigh again.

“Is something wrong with you?” he asks, rubbing Lay’s stomach, “Are you upset that I’m not here all the time?”

As is expected from any cat, Lay doesn’t react. That is until he is kicking at Junmyeon’s hand with his back paws and attempting to twist around to jump away. Junmyeon lets him go with a sigh. Turning his back to get changed.

“Things should return to normal next week Lay.”  He says, ing his jacket, “Just a few more late nights and I will come back at my normal time. Okay?”

From behind him Lay makes a sound which Junmyeon takes as reassurance.

 

Later that night, as Lay is making himself comfortable on the spare pillow of Junmyeon’s bed, Junmyeon decides that he needs to voice his thoughts.

“Lay,” he starts, not expecting any reaction from the cat, “I have to tell you some stuff, okay? Just to get it out in the air…”

Taking a deep breath, Junmyeon looks up at the ceiling, “There is this guy that I can’t seem to get out of my head.” He twists his hands together on his stomach, “He works at this café that I used to go to a lot. He was cute and really shy… He wears cat ears like everyone else, but his must be more expensive because they look super real… And no matter how much I tried to talk to him he would never say much to me.”

On his pillow, Lay pretends to be the indifferent pet he is meant to be instead of the nervous boy crushing on someone who didn’t even know him.

“To be honest, YiFan told me to ask him out when we go back there next week. I don’t know if I should though,” Junmyeon sighs, “He has probably forgotten all about me…”

Lay wants to shift and tell Junmyeon that, yes; he will go out with him, anywhere. But he knows that he can’t. That would ruin everything.

“You know, I sometimes think he reminds me of you Lay.” Junmyeon says looking over at Lay, who is now sitting up and staring at him. “Yeah, just like you.” He reaches up to rub Lay’s ears, “He has hair the colour of your fur and ears just like yours. Sometimes, I think of how similar you two are and wonder if you are the same…”  

Lay meows, trying to express some of his feelings in his current form, but he knows Junmyeon won’t understand a word of it.

“It’s silly isn’t Lay? Humans can’t turn into cats and vice versa.” He yawns softly, “Besides, even if they could, why would they work in a café just to come home to someone like me?”

Lay moves forward and rubs his face against Junmyeon’s. The human laughs, scratching the top of his head before yawning again. “I think it’s time we went to sleep don’t you?”

 

A/N:: everytime I get close to revealing Yixing to Junmyeon I get a new idea and change the story. But soon my pretties, I promise. ^^

I wasn't liking my chances of posting today, since I have an exam in 2 days and its my birthday tomorrow. But since I am home alone (thanks family for ditching me on my birthday weekend) and I got my nails done all pretty like (why did I spend all my money) and my exam just so happens to be open book (thank heaven~!) I managed to get this done - ahead of time~! 

Thanks all for reading, I shall see you all in october~! (two weeks is so far away~! I'm sorry~!)