Freaky

Alone

Normally, when Junmyeon arrives home he can expect a ball of fluff to be curled up on the landing waiting for him. Normally when Junmyeon opens the door to his apartment, Lay is already meowing as though he hasn’t eaten all day. Normally when Junmyeon steps inside his apartment, Lay would become a tripping hazard.

Today however, Junmyeon opens the door to silence, to no one welcoming him home. No one to trip him over. His first thought is that Lay is just asleep somewhere else. There have been multiple occasions that Lay has been asleep in Junmyeon’s room when he arrives back. So of course, Junmyeon decides that Lay must be there. He calls his cat softly, in a higher pitch than normal. (Baekhyun, who had overheard Junmyeon mentioning this to YiFan at the café once, had said that when people see cute things they automatically attempt to appeal to them by having an unusual pitch.)

Dropping his things by the door, Junmyeon moves toward his bedroom. Just outside his door he stops, the sound of the shower running can be heard through the door.

“Lay?” Junmyeon calls wearily.

Straining his ears he leans against his door, not quite expecting a reply. He hears the muffled sound of someone speaking and slowly opens the door, moving through his room, “Is someone here?”

The sound of running water gets louder as Junmyeon makes his way to his bathroom. There is a twisting sensation in the pit of his stomach. He had planned to catch his mysterious visitor, but he still hadn’t planned past that. What was he supposed to do with the person behind the door to his bathroom? What was he supposed to do with a person?

Slowly he opens the door, his stomach tightening beyond belief. He wants to throw up.

However, there is no reason to stress so much.

The room is empty.

Junmyeon checks behind the door, just to make sure.

And yes, it most defiantly is empty… Other than Lay, who is sitting in the shower soaking wet and looking a third his normal size.

Junmyeon sighs, turning off the shower, and grabbing a towel.

“Come here,” he says, holding the towel in his hands. Lay leaps toward him only to slip slightly on the tiled floor and land in Junmyeon’s lap. Unable to help himself, Junmyeon laughs at his cat. The sick feeling that had resided in his stomach only moments before now gone thanks to his beloved cat.

“Let’s get you dried up.” He mutters, wrapping the wet cat in a towel. He gently dries Lay, rubbing the towel against the cat’s fur.

“How did you get in the shower anyway, mister?” Junmyeon comments, contemplating all possibilities.

He could have left the shower on this morning and Lay could have wondered in being curious and then gotten stuck. That was plausible, he had been in a hurry that morning. However, he did remember having enough time to double check that the taps were off tight in the bathroom.

His visitor could have left the shower on when they visited. But they always turned everything off and left before Junmyeon could never really tell if they had showered.

There was also a third option. One that was too ridiculous, even for Junmyeon’s overactive imagination. The third option was that his precious Lay had turned it on himself. But no matter how Junmyeon looked at it, it just came across as idiotic.

No cat could turn on a tap. Not unless they turned into a human…

 

All night Yixing stressed.

What if he noticed?

What if he knows?

What will he do?

Where will I go?

I can’t leave…

I don’t want to leave…

Junmyeon, however, seemed as though he had forgotten about the entire shower incident, and once he had dried Lay, had a shower himself.

Lay, however, couldn’t sit still. He paced up and down the apartment, worried that he was going to get into trouble any minute. Any second Junmyeon would throw him out of the apartment and tell him to stay out.

He had gotten lucky, shifting the moment before Junmyeon opened the door. Or, at least that’s what he thought. And how Junmyeon had acted. But he could never be too sure.

What if he had seen him as himself, and not as Lay?

Would he hate Yixing? Would he force him to leave? Would he call the cops? What would he do..?

Yixing couldn’t handle the stress. And when he left for work the next morning, he had dark circles under his eyes to prove it.

“Wow… Xing… You’re looking um…”

“Dead.” Baekhyun helps Minseok find the correct adjective. And it was quite true. Yixing couldn’t sleep due to the stress he had put on himself and he nearly didn’t shift into his human form that morning in fear that Junmyeon would rush back in claiming he forgot something for work.

“Come out back with me,” Minseok says, hand on Yixing’s forearm. “Let’s talk about this.”

Baekhyun follows them out into Minseok’s office, where Yixing is forced into a chair and given a cup of coffee.

“Tell us what’s up.” Minseok instructs, leaning against his desk across from Yixing.

Sighing, and taking a nice swig of coffee, Yixing nods. “I was almost caught…”

From behind him, Baekhyun gasps. “What?” he squeals, “How?”

Yixing shrugs, “He came home earlier than I expected… I was showering…”

Minseok frowns and crosses his arms. “So you nearly got caught ?”

A nod from Yixing, and a snort of laughter from Baekhyun.

Minseok’s frown deepens as he shoots his gaze towards Baekhyun. The younger instantly shuts up.

Easing his expression, Minseok looks back at Yixing, “But you didn’t get caught.” Yixing shakes his head, “So what’s the problem?”

Putting down his now empty cup, Yixing runs his hand through his hair sighing. “What if I did get caught? What would I say? ‘Sorry Junmyeon, give me a second to turn back into your cat’? Or do I say, ‘Hi Junmyeon, I’m that waiter from the cat café and I am also your cat’? I… I just don’t know if I can handle this anymore… I realised how easy it is to get caught last night… I don’t know…”

Baekhyun rests his hand on Yixing shoulder. “I think I have a solution…”

Both Minseok and Yixing look at Baekhyun sceptically.

“Well?” Minseok asks.

“’It’s obvious isn’t it?” Baekhyun laughs, but the deadpan looks his friends are giving him makes it obvious to him that they have no clue what he is talking about. He waves his hand before continuing, “You’ve got to ask him out!”

 

A/N:: HIIIIIIIIII~! SURPRISE UPDATE~! 

I am sorry for leaving it on a cliffhanger last time (and possibly this time) I just end it where I feel like it is best. And most of the time it tends to be the most dramatic moment, like in a tv show XD

Anyway, I have finished one assessment, am half way through another and am studying for exams so I needed a break that didn't involve vegging out on the couch and watching "one episode" of something, because when I do that I never get anything done... *sigh*

Enjoy guys~! Regular updates will return to every 2nd weekend (which includes monday cause I don't go to uni then XD )! <3