Unexpected Note

iPod Boyfriend : It's Not Just An App

 

A week passed without the boys. Your homeroom teacher would ask, where were Kwangmin, Youngmin and Minwoo since the four of you always together. You answered that they had to leave the country for a while as they had some family problems. Your classmate would ask too where they were but every time they asked you that, it made the pain became worst. You didn’t know how you wanted to react towards that. Sure you had friends by now. When recess came, your new friends wouldn’t let you eat under the big tree alone anymore. They would invite you to eat with them. It was awkward at first, but you managed to adjust yourself. Things get better around the school. No more bullies and no more wet shirts but without the boys, it’s just dull and empty. You had been spending everyday with them that you didn’t even realize three months passed just like that.

You sent your iPod to the store for a repair and you’re supposed to get it back today. Somehow, you were happy that you will get your iPod back today. You remembered the promise that they made that they never going to leave you. You believed them. You were sure that they would never go anywhere. Your iPod had a little problem and needed to be repair. They would be stuck inside your iPod without any place to go. And when you switch on your iPod, the boys would be waiting for you. Yes! You believed it that way.

You arrived home with the plastic bag that contained your iPod inside. You quickly took off your bag and jumped on your bed. You unwrapped the plastic bag and quickly took out the iPod. You couldn’t wait no more. You missed them too much. You couldn’t stop smiling as you saw your iPod. It was your iPod. You got it back. You pressed the button to switch on the gadget. A second later, it was back on. Your smile turned to a grin as soon as you saw the white light coming from the screen and the apple logo welcomed you to your iPod. You checked on your application lists. Everything was there. Nothing went missing. It was exactly like before it went crazy and wouldn’t turn on.

“It’s just like before” You clutched your iPod close to your heart. You were thankful that all the applications were there. It was as if nothing happened to your iPod. Then you began to swift your fingers to search for the Boyfriend application. You remember putting it on the fourth page.

First page, not there.

Second page, not there too.

Third page, not there.

Fourth page, not there.

Back to first page.

It’s…… It’s not there.

You began to slide your finger on your iPod over and over the pages again to find the application. You searched on every single folder on your iPod but you found nothing. Your eyes visions became blur by your tears that covered them. Behind your glassy eyes, you searched your iPod thoroughly.

“Where are you?” You chanted over and over again and you kept on searching for the application. “Come on!” You were mad at yourself now.

Right then, something caught your eyes.

“A note for our one and only girlfriend”.

That was what written as the title on the note that you found in one of your folder. With trembling fingers, you tapped on the note halfheartedly, not really wanting to read what was written in that. You wanted to read, ‘we’ll be back, it was just temporary’, ‘Don’t worry, we just thought we’ll take a vacation. We’ll be back’. You just wanted to read. ‘we’ll be back’. That’s all. The note finished to load and it took you to the page.

“Dear Girlfriend,

This is Donghyun oppa. Do you know how hard it is to find the way to your note inside your iPod? It was so dark since there is no light anymore. Keekee.” You stopped reading. He was laughing, you thought. Then you continued.

“Now that we found the note, we thought we’ll leave you one. I’ll write this on behalf of the boys. You would lose your mind if we all write it huh? Keekee. Anyway, the boys says hi. How have you been doing? You’re okay right?

Hurm..

Remember we promised not to leave you? Urm. Girlfriend, I’m sorry but we couldn’t keep the promise” Reading up till there, your eyes filled with more waters. You didn’t want to continue, but you wanted to know what he wanted to say. So you forced yourself to read it.

“By the time you found this, you’ll never see us anymore. Do you know why your iPod suddenly broken? The application had to be discarded somehow, so the only way for it to be deleted without you noticing was to shut down your iPod forcefully. We knew about this since the first day we were created. Why did we look so sad back then? It was because we knew it was almost time for us to go.

Remember the reason why we were created? Why you were chosen? Let me answer that properly now. You are one lonely girl without anybody to share your pain with. We were chosen to make you happy and we were very lucky to be able to be your boyfriends. Even though it was such a short time. We had a mission. And our mission is to make your life better. We completed it. J. You’re had friends now at school right? People stop messing around with you. You were able to laugh, to smile, you even felt how it was like to be in love. We completed our mission perfectly. And now that we completed it, we had to go somehow.

You know why we are not allowed to stay? It was because you are a human. We are six visual human that were created exactly like a real human. Human is meant for a human. We visual humans shouldn’t interfere with God’s creation. I hope you understand that girlfriend.

Ah. Before we go. Remember the videos that we were working on? It’s done. Search in your video gallery. We saved it there. Anyeong girlfriend.

This is our last note to you. We’re sorry that we couldn’t have a proper goodbye. But we didn’t control things. We just followed the things that our creator arranged for us. And now we had to go.

Take care. Always remember that we will always love you. Our only Girlfriend.

Love,

Boyfriend.”

The note ended, but your tears still couldn’t stop running down. You couldn’t make it why it had to be that way. You wanted scream, you wanted to bawl. You wanted to throw your iPod away. You hated this feeling. You felt suffocated. Without any delay, you searched inside your video gallery and you found the video that Donghyun meant. You clicked on the thumbnail and waited for it to load. Still, with tears swimming in your eyes.

The video started with the you and the boys, minus Donghyun. Then you heard his voice. “Say hi to Mr.Mera” It was the night when you went to their world. It was the time when he took the camera and he made you greet the camera. Then the scene changed to where everybody started to greet to the camera. You smiled seeing how cheerful were they saying hi and introducing themselves. Then the scene changed to where they started to tour around the house. You touched on the screen. You recognize everything. You remembered it clearly like it was just yesterday. Then the scene where all seven of your played the Indian Bab game. They cut it to a scene where Jeongmin stole a kiss from you and you slapped his shoulder playfully laughing out loud. You heard their laughs. You missed that the most.

After the scene ended, it came to a scene where all six of them were sitting around the sofa. The three older boys sat on the sofa while the three younger boys sat on the floor, hugging their legs. All of the were facing the camera. Donghyun who was in the middle cleared his throat. They were all smiling brightly in the video.

“Anyeong girlfriend!” He greeted. The rest of the boys bowed as well. You chuckled a little seeing Minwoo bumped on the table as he bowed too low.

Was he okay? You were worried about Minwoo. He had always been clumsy.

“How are you? You missed us right?” He chuckled. You smiled. “Since this is our last video for you, we wanted this video to be special. But you have to promise that you would never cry anymore after this. Okay?” He held out a pinky. Unconsciously, your pinky raised too as if you were talking to him as usual with your iPod.

“Girlfriend” Hyunseong spoke this time. “I’m sorry I didn’t talk much to you, but I always listened to you. Listen to our song well okay? If you miss me, just listen to the song. I promise I’ll pray for you everyday” He ended his speech.

“My turn now!” Jeongmin cheered. You giggled after that still with tears in your eyes. “Err. You know that  I love you. Right? Please don’t forget me and I’ll always visit you in your dreams. I promise. This time I really promise” He smiled. You nodded, believing him.

“Girlfriend” Youngmin spoke. “The website I made, it was still there. Open it if you miss me. Remember our date? It was lucky we didn’t get caught huh? Being with you was the best thing that ever happened to me. Thank you” He ended his speech.

“No. Thank you” You replied softly even though he couldn’t hear it now.

“Err. I guess it’s my turn now. Urm. The kiss that we shared. It was your first right? I’m sorry that I took it away from you but I’m happy that I’m the first” Kwangmin stated. “The history subject that I tutored you, make sure to remember it well and next time, you have to score an A+ Okay? Girlfriend fighting!” He pumed up his fist.

“Noona!” He stretched out his hand as if he wanted to hug you. You gagged at that reaction. You couldn’t hold back your tears. The only thing you wanted to do right now was to hug him. To be in his arms. A pair of arms that always find their way to hug you sneakily. “I put the book that we made together on your shelve. Can you see it?” You looked at your book shelve. There was a white book stuck in between your novels. You knew it was the one that you made with Minwoo. “We all signed the book. It’s a proof that we had been your boyfriends before” He smiled but then suddenly he fell silent. You looked at his eyes. It was glassy. He looked away from the camera as if he was avoiding your gaze. Hyunseong who was sitting behind him patted his back. You saw his chest rose up and down. Then he took a deep breath before continuing. “Noona. Thank you so much for everything. Grab your dream. Good luck on the Talent Show. Make sure you win. Okay?” He couldn’t held it back, his tears fell. Hyunseong Minwoo’s head. “Noona, Saranghaeyo” That was his final words.

Your dried trails were now back with streams. Seeing him like that hurt you the most. It was the first time seeing him crying. You looked at Kwangmin eyes, his eyes were read and puffy. So does Youngmin. As for the three older boys, they were quiet as ever. They didn’t want to say anything. You wanted to give them a hug. One last hug. Just once that would recharge your memories with them.

“Girlfriend, never forget us” Donghyun stated. “Live your life happily. We’ll watch you from wherever we are. We’re sorry that it had to end this way. Take care of yourself. Thank you for everything. I would wanted to say this for thousands, billions of times more, but I only could say this just once more. From me, and from the boys. Saranghamnida” With that he stood up and clicked stop recording button. Your screen suddenly went black.

So it ended this way huh? You were smiling but your tears fell again. I love you too. Thank you for making me happy. Thank you so much. 



 

AUTHOR'S NOTE :

I feel so sad right now. I even cried while writing this. I got attached to writing about the boys. Suddenly it pained me when I had to depart them this way.. hurm.. but guys, it's not the end yet.. more chapters to come.. ^^ but for today, this is it.. :)