D-Day

iPod Boyfriend : It's Not Just An App

 

You waited patiently behind the stage. Your hands were trembling hard. You kept clutching your chest to feel your heartbeat whether they had eased a bit or not. But then it didn’t. It beat louder and louder. You couldn’t stop shaking. You were sitting alone since the boys were trying to get a good sit inside the hall. There were just too many people even though it was merely an audition. Everybody came to see who make to the real Talent show. As you were sitting alone, you could hear all the whispering from the students who kept on passing by you.

Who is she? She’s not from our school right? How could she took part in our Talent Show?”

“She’s a new student? How brave is she to perform on her first year?”

“She’s pretty. Who is she?”

“Why do our school kept on taking new students? It’s annoying” Well. Something like that.

You tried to shrug all the thoughts. Without your glasses, you just felt like you were in front of thousands of people. You wanted to run away, but you didn’t. You wanted to do this. You had been putting your everything on this.

“Omo! I’m sorry!” You stood up with your now stain clothes. Your performance outfit. It was ruined by the red liquid which seemed to be strawberry juice.

“Noona!” You looked on your right and it was Minwoo who was calling. Kwangmin and Youngmin were also there. But the older three were not since they didn’t go to your school, so they couldn’t pass the back stage.

“Noona? Wait. Shin _____?” The girl scoffed.

“Wow! But then again, about the strawberry juice, I took it back. I’m not sorry” The one who spilled the juice smirked.

“I told you to leave her alone Tia!” Kwangmin barked.

“Noona are you okay?” Minwoo held your shoulder. You nodded lightly.

“Oh no. You’re outfit for the performance is all ruined” Youngmin stretched your white shirt to looked at the stain.

“Wait. Performance outfit?” It was Juliane.

“You mean, you’re taking part?” Melanie voiced out this time.

“Yes! You have problem with that? This is not your school!” Minwoo stepped up.

“Chill girls. Let’s see how she do. I’m sure it’ll be fun to watch her made fun of her selves. We didn’t even have to lay a single finger on her” Tia smiled evilly.

“Tskk! Wait till you see her! Your froggy voices couldn’t even challenge hers! If it wasn’t for your ty dance moves you wouldn’t never win!” Kwangmin remarked. It was strong. When the Chocolat was about to make a comeback by Kwangmin’s words, you were all gone.

Youngmin dragged you to the back of the hall for a backup plan.

“Girlfriend, where’s your iPod?” Kwangmin asked.

“In my bag. It’s with Donghyun oppa. Why?”

“Stay here. I’ll get your iPod” Youngmin disappeared from your view.

As you were waiting for Youngmin, you couldn’t help but to feel more nervous by the Chocolat words. What if they were right? What if she would really make fool of herself? It wouldn’t be good. Would it? Stupid thoughts keep on playing inside your mind. A while later, Youngmin came with the rest of the boys instead of just your iPod.

“Girlfriend, are you okay?” Jeongmin’s voice sounded concern. You nodded with a little smile on your face. You couldn’t let them know what’s really inside your mind.

“Aish! Those girls!” Donghyun cussed.

“Never mind. As I thought about it, your outfit didn’t match the song. I’ll find a dress instead. You’ll look cuter. The song doesn’t have strong sense at all. It was all just cute!” He tried to make you feel better. “I’ll jump in” Jeongmin volunteered.

Donghyun took out your iPod from your bag that he was wearing since before. He slid the screen and held it on his palm. Jeongmin took a deep breath and jumped in. He was gone in a matter of second. The six of you waited patiently for him to jump back. It ended a few minutes later. He jumped back out with a pink dress.

“Here! Quick! Go change!” Jeongmin half shouted. You didn’t move because your head was somewhere else. You were thinking about you Omma and Appa all of a sudden.

“Aish! Girlfriend! Let’s go!” Hyunseong suddenly pulled your hand and dragged you to the nearest bathroom. The boys were dumbfounded. It was the first time seeing Hyunseong acting like that. They stood there on their spot, frozen, without a single word to say.

 


 

The boys went back to the audience sits except for Minwoo since he was supposed to be your dance partner for the audition. Hyunseong came back and joined the boys.

“How was it?” Donghyun was worried.

“Beautiful” Hyunseong said shortly. Donghyun’s eyes darted back on the stage.

There was a girl performing on stage. She was obviously nervous since her voice was shaking a lot. She couldn’t sing properly and she bumped onto every backup dancer that she brought for her performance. In the end, she only got to perform thirty seconds from her song. Then a group of boys came up. They danced to a Big Bang song. It was rather refreshing. They were only dancing though. Kwangmin said that they were from the dance department. No wonder they could dance so well.

 

The moment the audience had been waiting for finally arrived. It was Chocolat’s turn to perform. The audience were screaming like crazy. The crowd was out of control. It was all because of Chocolat. Then five girls came out. There was Melanie, Juliane and Tia. The thing that made the crowd out of control was, their former members, Min Soa and Jae Yoon were there too. It sort of like a comeback for the two already graduated members. They came to perform with their juniors. The five of them took their place and got ready for their performance.

“Tsk!! Our girlfriend is prettier!” Youngmin hugged his body with a pout on his lips. The rest of the boys nodded agreeing. While the rest of the crowd went crazy with the screams, only the five of them sunk in their sits watching with as little interest as ever. They just wanted to see their girlfriend. They don’t have any interest to watch a bunch of girls shaking their tooshies.

Then they started to perform.

The performance ended with the crowd still cheering out loud. Chanting the girls’ names. After the girls went off the stage, the crowd fell silent again as the MC stepped on the podium.

“Participants number 14 is up next” The MC paused. “Erm. Wow” She laughed awkwardly. “This student never participate in this kind of event. Well, shall we give her some encouragement cheer then? Shin _____!” She called your name.

Silence. There was no claps or cheers came from the audience. Well except for the five boys. Instead of cheers, they were gasping while whispering to each other. Then, you stepped up the stage with your hands and feet frozen solid. Your feet felt so weak at that moment. Minwoo who saw you like that, decided to give you a boost. He held your left hand which free from microphone and whispered close to your ears.

“Noona, if you mess up, I’ll cover it for you. Don’t worry” He made a promise. You nodded slowly.

“Omo! That is Shin _____?”

“No way! She seemed so different!”

The kids didn’t stop talking to themselves.

“YEPPUDA!!! (You are beautiful)” A guy’s voice screamed. Shockingly, it didn’t came from the five boys, it came from somebody else, but you couldn’t see who.

You took you place and Minwoo took his place behind you. Then your song started to play.

*Pretend that IU is YOU and the guy in orange jumper is MINWOO. The rest of the dancers, pretend that they're not there. Okay? xD.. And also, pretend that Good Day was the song that they composed. Although we solely know it's IU song. You don't aspect me to compose my own song do you? xDDD*

In the beginning of your performance, the audience doesn’t seems like giving you a chance at all. But then, after you pulled the three octave notes, the audience were dumbfounded. After the performance was done, you received a round of applause with people screaming your name. Even the judges stood up to give you a cheer.

“_____ JJANG!!!!!” One of the audience said.

“_____ BE MY GIRLFRIEND!!!” Another voice shouted.

“ANDWAE!!! SHE IS OURS!!” Yes, it came from her six boyfriends.

 


 

“Seonsaengnim! You couldn’t let her in the talent show!” Tia was pestering the judges while they were making their final list for the talent show.

“Give me one good reason why” One of the teacher who was a part of the judges line said.

“Well, she… she’s a nerd Seonsaengnim! And you know that!” Tia said again.

“Well, your answer is just plain stupid Hwang Tia. She’s good. And you know that” She mocked her.

“Seonsaengnim!” She whined.

“Don’t think that your father did a lot to this school, you could do anything you want Hwang Tia. For your information, her father also did a lot to this school. Which it made you and her, on the same level. You were just lucky that her father didn’t go and tell anybody about it and it made you taste the sweet VIP treatment from the whole school” The teacher finally blurted out.

“Wha-what? Me and her? On the same level? HELL NO Seonsaengnim! Put her out from the list or! Or I’ll tell my dad not to donate to this school anymore!” She yelled.

“Okay then. I have Shin _____ anyway. She could give me so much more”

“Seonsaengnim!!!” She stomped her feet.

“Either you calm down or I’ll take Chocolat out from the list instead” The teacher threatened her.

“ARGHH!!!” She screamed and stomped out from the room. 



 

AUTHOR'S NOTE :

I'm sorry if the audition that you had been waiting for turned out to be a bummer.. OTL.. Idk what to do anymore. I feel like my brain juice had failed to flow like I wanted too.. hurm.. but then again, did you get this chapter? You know that she nailed the audition and got through right? I'm sorry if the audition didn't go the way you wanted to..