Vintage 26

The Vintage Car
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

And while the Lees are on their heated argument, I slowly tipped my way out from the crowded office. I already vowed never to see that woman again.

 

Besides, I no longer have any business left here.

 

I’m almost outside, almost two steps away to finally be freed from hell when some hand held my arms. I wasn’t surprised who it was. The way she holds me left an indelible sensation in my skin.

 

I can even feel the current electrifying me as our skin touch.

 

My mind might be forgetting her but my heart is still on the process digesting whether what is happening to us is real. The denial is even there that everything is happening so quickly and hope that everything is not too late to save what is between us.

 

That’s probably why moving on is such a long, long process.

 

I tried to be free from her grip but she is just tightening her hold on me. As if all the rights to hold me is just hers. I wanted to punch her, smack her head but she’s holding my right hand and if I’m going to use my left, it might look like an overcooked carrot slapping you. Not forceful, eh?

 

“Can you please leave?” she irritatingly addressed her halmeoni and the rest of the bosses.

 

“Huh? We’re not even done eating here!” Ma’am Hayi fired back.

 

“So bring them with you, I don’t care!” she’s really mad.

 

“Whatever.  Let’s go MinHo. The favorite grandchild is smoking hot. Hah! Ooops.” Hayi still made fun of Chaerin but stood up anyway.

 

“Don’t forgive her Dara! Ok?”

 

“Shut it Minho!”

 

“Yeah, make her earn it big time! Make her walk under the ocean!” SuHyun said and earned a sharp look from Chaerin.

 

Seriously, are they still normal?

 

But if I almost went crazy to hear my bosses comment, I almost fainted hearing Madam Tae Hyung’s words of wisdom.

 

“She needed to be responsible for what she did to you Lee Chaerin. Goodness my child, I’m thankful you’re not pregnant.”

 

“Halmeoni!” But she was left unnoticed by her grandmother as they left her office. And yet, she’s still holding me.

 

Then she forcefully pulled me inside again, closed the door and stood behind it, as if making sure I won’t get out that easy.

 

“Dara, can we talk without you slapping me?” I didn’t answer. I just looked at some plants occupying her office.

 

“Dara…Look I’m sorry.” I still didn’t pay attention.

 

I heard her sigh. I really wanted to look at her now to see her expressions but at the same time, I am afraid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter