Vintage 25

The Vintage Car
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where are the meals you’re supposed to offer Chaerin’s girlfriend!?”

 

I gasped as I looked at Madam Lee Tae Hyung.

 

She just smirked at me as if some young fresh newbie and directly went to Chaerin’s swivel chair.

 

“Don’t worry halmeoni, the delivery boy’s coming. We won’t let her pass her hunger.” I hear Ma’am Hayi chuckled but it evidently subsided when Madam Tae Hyung gave them all a stern look.

 

Phew!

 

“And you must be Sandara Park-sssi.” My senses came back when she called me with courtesy.

 

I nodded with hesitance.

 

I was about to speak when, “…you know what Sandara Park-ssi…”

 

“Dara, please call me Dara, Madam.” I cut her off before we could take a couple of seconds before finishing to speak my full name.

 

“Very well then. You know what Dara, it’s not that I am interfering with your relationship to my beloved granddaughter, Chaerin. If I will be the one to choose, I will just let her. I do not want to get in the way because she, along with my other grand children are old and mature and are on the right mind and are ready to get married and are stable and…”

 

“Granny…” Sir MinHo gently tapped her shoulders.

 

“Right.” Madam Tae Hyung looked at all of her present grand children. Everyone was quite except for one.

 

“That’s probably why Jan Di and I are happily married.” MinHo whispered inaudibly. And with that, I saw how the matriarch’s eyebrow raised and challenged MinHo in a staring contest.

 

“You were saying, my dear?” Challenging MinHo, Madam Tae Hyung almost stood up but flipped her short hair anyway.

 

“He meant nothing Granny.” SuHyun interrupted.

 

“So, Dara, you were the reason why Chaerin doesn’t want to marry Shin Hye.” She calmly said but it’s as if I would die right away.

 

I looked down. I know I’m brave and reckless but I still do not want to be fired away without a job to substitute if I ever I lose my position here at the Tower.

 

And I can even imagine her delivering the next lines.

 

“You are not even worth it. You’re just a girl, standing in front of my grand daughter asking her to love you.” Then she would slap me hard and laugh devilishly.

 

“But you declined her marriage proposal that’s why she now agreed to marry the beautiful Shin Hye.” I darted my eyes to Madam Tae with what I heard.

 

“Dara, Chaerin is filled with life’s principles that she took from me.”

 

“Granny, don’t be too conceited. It’s irritating!” Jung Ssuk forcedly laughed in order not to offend the matriarch.

 

“Chaerin, my beloved grand daughter, holds on to what she says. She keeps her promises. To the point that she even left home just to stand up to what she said. That’s why I was surprised when she went back and claimed to marry Shin Hye that easy when in fact, right from the start, she even looked allergic to our business partner’s heiress. But now, darling, I finally understood. You turned her do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter