Vintage 15

The Vintage Car
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Is that grape juice?” asked Pauline, my officemate, when she saw me holding a glass pitcher of black liquid.

 

Does this one looks like grape juice?

 

“No, this is coffee Pauline.” She widened her eyes hearing me. And those who are meddling on us also looked surprised.

 

Indeed, who in the right mind would drink a pitcher of coffee? And maybe I am not in the right mind.

 

“What are you going to do with that? I already told you I wanted it with creamer.” She added.

 

“Did I say I’m gonna share? This is solely mine!” and I placed it on top of my desk.

 

“Are you going to finish that off? That’s not soda Dara! Have you gone crazy?” I smirked at her while pouring my mug full. They must be wondering. I finished the mug and filled it again.

 

“Don’t you have any plans of sharing your coffee?” she added.

 

“No! I want to get myself drunk in coffee. I want to forget all my problems. All my heartaches. All!”

 

“You should be drinking beer or whiskey instead!”

 

“I don’t want to. I don’t want to get any hangover.” I turned my back on them and continued my work while finishing the pitcher of coffee I prepared.

 

And the result? I was fully awake the whole afternoon. But no matter what, I still cannot forget what I saw at the lobby.

 

Chaerin with her empress.

 

I feel my heart ripping apart.

 

So I drank a mug of coffee again and continued that routine the following four days.

 

 

“Hey Dara, are you also sleeping?” asked Raven again.

 

Perhaps my concealers weren’t effective to hide my eyebags today.

 

“No. I cannot sleep.” I softly said.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I’ve been drinking coffee.”

 

“Why, how many cups were you taking everyday?” she continued as I exhaustedly sat on my station.

 

“Four liters already.” And she widened her eyes again.

 

“Of course you won’t be able to sleep with that! And why have you been drinking such amount?”

 

“As far as I know, when I drink coffee, my heart would palpitate. And when my heart palpitates, I cannot feel the pain. I just can’t accept I was replaced already!” I sniffed while taking a sip of coffee.

 

“You’re really exceptional! Others would drown themselves in beers and whiskeys, and yet there you are, taking a different sub!”

 

“Dara!” the Department Manger suddenly called my attention causing me to stand immediately.

 

“Sir! Sir, I didn’t kill the emperor! I swear!” and I heard laughter from my officemates.

 

“Huh? What are you saying Dara?” he confusedly asked.

 

“Jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter