Vintage 12

The Vintage Car
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“You seem stress-free Dara.” Said my officemate when I entered our Department station. I flipped my hair and smiled at her.

 

“Off course! In love…” and I placed my bag on my desk with the most visible smile I could ever give.

 

Aahh…this is life! Having an irresistible girlfriend and a girlfriend who can’t resist you.

 

“Know what Dara, you’re so luck with your girl! Does she have a sibling? Or a cousin?” asked my officemate. I pondered with what she asked.

 

Hhmm…

 

Siblings? Cousins? I don’t know.

 

“No. there’s no one else beside her.” I said with so much pride. As if they can find someone like my Chaerin.

 

“Get married already before she’ll slip away!” I groaned at what she said and remembered the ring Chaerin gave me. I am only wearing that engagement ring whenever we’re together. I don’t want to show it off so I won’t be pressured. Such as today.

 

But seriously, I really need to talk to Chaerin because that ‘next month’ she’s been talking about is coming.

 

“Why the hurry? We will surely reach that stage. I’m too young.” My officemate didn’t bother to prolong our conversation when our Station Manager arrived.

 

 

 

It’s nearing lunchtime when Chaerin texted me that she cannot pick me up because she went home.

 

But her message was disturbing. A lot.

 

‘I told my grandmom that we will be getting married. And I will introduce you to my family when I get back to Seoul.’

 

What the!?

 

She decided all by herself!?

 

‘Chaerin, we really need to talk when you get back.’

 

I pressed ‘send’ and I didn’t receive any reply thereafter.

 

I wasn’t able to read any text message from her til work was over but it took me by surprise when I saw her cab at the front of the Tower. I immediately went inside.

 

“I thought you went home?” I asked her while she was driving.

 

“I went back here when you told me you wanted to talk to me.” I nodded. Really? Huh?

 

“So your province’s just near.” Maybe it’s just kilometers away.

 

 

 

She took me to a resto bar for a meal. Seriously, I didn’t know that she earns more than enough by just being a cab driver. She must be very charismatic that many would want to take a ride with her driving.

 

“Look Chaerin-ah. I realized, we just can’t marry each other.” I saw her reactionless.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter