q & a

Remember Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey, so, as promised, here's a q&a. 

 

1. What was your inspiration for this story?

This is going pretty far back for me lmao I started this story back when I was still in high school hahahaha. But I do remember while scrolling through AFF, seeing some Kyungsoo-fic contest thing. I ultimately did not end up submitting this fic for that contest, but that's what got the ball rolling. 

 

2. What was your inspiration for Greenbloom's syndrome?

Honestly this is going to sound so lame OMG. The inspiration for Jongin's amnesia was..... that one Adam Sandler movie that Jongin showed Kyungsoo when he first got diagnosed. 50 First Dates. I know. Not very impressive. Obviously, the two fictional amnesias are pretty different. (Yeah, the amnesia in that movie is very fictional.) But yeah, the inspiration is from that movie. To give myself a little bit more credit, I did a crap ton of research and put in a lot of depth for Jongin's. Does that redeem me?

 

3. What does happen to the Romeo and Juliet couple from chapter five?

With all of the stress of hiding their relationship from their respective families, they begin to fight a lot. Eventually it escalates to a point where neither of them feel like it's worth going on, and they break up before their families even find out. Romeo finds someone else to date fairly quickly, and after two months, Juliet has also completely healed from their break up, so they become friends instead.

 

4. Were Kris and Zitao dating while Zitao was still presenting as female?

Short answer: Yes.
Long answer: They were each other's first loves. Ever since they were six years old, as they both like to remind everyone, they knew that they loved each other. When they were old enough to start having people take their dating seriously, they started actually dating. Zitao didn't come out as trans until he was 16. Kris was surprised, but basically he went through this sappy time of being like, "okay but I fell in love with Zitao's soul, not Zitao's s." and grew to accept it wholeheartedly in the span of, like, two weeks. Zitao's mother abandoned him after he came out. Kris' family took Zitao in after that, and very soon after, he started testosterone treatment. he weaned off of it after it became financially unfeasable for him to stay on it. That would be about a year before he got to Korea. The time between his last dose of T and his arrival to Kris' school is what allowed the conception of Taylor. 

 

5. Do Minseok and Jongdae stay together?

I already killed Nanna. I'm not that much of a devil. Yes, they stay together. After the discovery of the procedure that "cured" Jongin's amnesia, he was invited by a lab in California to continue some research there. He moved to California, and a year after him, Minseok came out with him. He continued his business of selling reco

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter