twentyone

Remember Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the movie, Taejoon dropped the excited boys off at his ex-wife’s house, and waved at them from the car with Sohee sitting next to him. He drove off before his son’s mother could catch him there. 

“You know, I’m thinking if my dad’s so cool with us, then my mom will be, too,” Chanyeol voiced. 

“I think so. I hope so,” Baekhyun replied. 

“I love you,” Chanyeol said. “Just a reminder.” 

“I love you, too,” Baekhyun replied. 

The two linked hands and headed to the door. Before they knocked, they let go of each other so as not to give the woman a heart attack, rather ease her into the news. 

“Chanyeol!” could be heard from the other side of the closed door after the doorbell. “I’m coming!” 

Baekhyun smiled at how happy she sounded. Chanyeol chuckled. “You’d think we haven’t seen each other in years.” 

“Hi!” she said as soon as she opened the door. “You must be Chanyeol’s friend! Come in! The table’s set. Are you two hungry? Come on, come inside!” 

Baekhyun took the first step, then Chanyeol closed the door after following his boyfriend. 

“My name is Choi Eunha,” the woman said, holding out her hand. 

Baekhyun shook hers, holding his elbow up with his other hand and bowing. “Byun Baekhyun. Pleased to meet you.”

“So, how long have you two known each other?” Eunha asked. 

“Mom, can the interrogation wait until we’ve taken our shoes off at least?” Chanyeol whined. 

“Oh! You’re right!” The woman blushed. “Sorry. I’ll go check on the food.” 

Now alone, Chanyeol felt safe to whisper to his “friend”, “I love you.” Then he joined his mother in the kitchen. 

“How’ve you been?” asked the son. 

“Oh, you know… Drunk, mostly.” 

Chanyeol laughed. “You’re hilarious.” 

“I know. You get it from me.” 

“Humble, too.” 

Ms. Choi laughed. “Are you boys hungry?” 

“Not really. Sohee’s a great cook.” 

Eunha’s face fell. “Oh no, you’ve fallen for her.”

“Oh, come on, Mom.” 

She smiled. “I’m kidding. Kidding. Take this out to the dining table. At least sit with me and watch as I eat like a pig.” 

Baekhyun was already in the dining room, staring at the crowded table as if scared for his poor stomach. “I’m not hungry at all,” he told his boyfriend. 

“I know, I’m not either. We can just sit and watch my mom eat,” Chanyeol reassured him while he was setting the casserole on the table. 

***

“I don’t want you to get any ideas,” Joonmyun said over the phone, “but I just missed the sound of campus and you’re the only one I know still there.” 

“Well, you’re a tiny bit off,” replied Yixing. “I don’t live on campus. I live in an apartment.” 

“Right. I forgot that.” 

“...And you haven’t hung up yet, even after I told you that, which brings me to my original point; you called because you miss me.” 

“Don’t delude yourself. It would be rude to hang up on your face. Don’t push me to it.” 

The Chinese boy laughed. “Of course. And you’re known for your politeness. Let’s not forget, pigs can fly.” 

Joonmyun scoffed. “When I get there, I’m gonna whoop your behind so hard. You won’t even be able to escape me, you’ll be in my program.” 

“Hilarious. You? Mr. Angel Kim?” Joonmyun regretted telling Yixing his English name. “Whooping anyone’s , let alone mine?” 

“Don’t underestimate me. Lucifer was an angel, too.” 

***

The cafe was a busy place, and very sophisticated. Jongin wouldn’t expect anything else from his mother. 

“It’s great to see you,” she said between sips of her latte. 

Jongin nodded. “Likewise.” 

She scowled. “Oh, please. Don’t talk so formally with me. We’re not really the most traditional chaebol family.” 

“I know,” the son said. “First of all, we have to meet in secret. I forget where my own parents live. I haven’t been to that house in years.” 

“I know. I still have some of your old clothes in a chest. Sometimes I take them out to look at them.” 

Jongin smirked. “That’s a little creepy, Mom.” 

Mrs. Kim laughed. “It is, isn’t it?” She sighed. “I wish it wasn’t like this.” 

Sighs. What weird things. A tiny b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter