nine

Remember Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Achoo!" Jongin sneezed, Kyungsoo following closely behind. They sniffled in unison.

"That was a bad idea," Kyungsoo said. "I told you we would get sick!"

"Hey, you got sick first! It's not my fault you wouldn't let me avoid you," Jongin retorted.

"If we go down, it's together," Kyungsoo said. He grabbed a tissue and handed the box to the man sitting beside him on the bed.

Jongin looked up at the ceiling, the room swirling around him. "Kyungsoo, check if I have a fever," he said.

"I wouldn't be able to tell, I think I have one, too!" Kyungsoo exclaimed.

Jongin turned his head and looked at him, starting to laugh. "Look at us, an old married couple."

"Beats what we used to be," Kyungsoo remarked. He grabbed Jongin's hand and laced their fingers. "I want to stay like this forever."

Jongin cocked an eyebrow up. "If you have a cold all the time, how do I kiss you without getting a cold?" he asked.

Kyungsoo threw a dirty, balled-up tissue at him for ruining the moment. "You know what I meant, you pile of dog vomit." Jongin laughed heartily before his laughter started to turn into deep coughs which hurt his throat like razor-blades and he stopped with a whimper.

Kyungsoo reached over and picked up a red spray-bottle. He offered it to Jongin, saying, "More chloraseptic?" The other declined.

"I hate the smell. It smells weird. Like chloroform," he reasoned.

"Technically, you shouldn't know the smell of chloroform," Kyungsoo argued.

"Technically, you should not be hogging all the medicine. Why is everything on your bed-side counter?" Jongin asked.

Kyungsoo shrugged. "I just happened to use it last, I don't know," he said defensively. "What do you want?"

"Gimme a painkiller. Headache's coming back." He used both his hands to press down on his temples, squeezing his eyes shut.

"Was your glass on the right or on the left?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Does it matter? What's going to happen? Are we going to get sick?" Jongin asked.

"I may or may not have spat in mine when the cough drop got nasty. And then taken the cough drop out with my fingers," Kyungsoo admitted.

"You're gross. I am probably dating the world's most unhygienic person. Am I insane?" Jongin asked. "Also, why is my glass on your counter anyway? See?! You are hogging everything!"

Kyungsoo groaned. He swung his legs over the side of the bed and grabbed the two glasses. He took them to the washroom and gave them a good rinse. He filled them both and brought them back to the bed. "There," he said, giving one of the glasses to Jongin. "Happy?"

"Quite," the younger boy said with a smile. "Have I ever told you that you look the handsomest when you're tending to my needs?"

"I will gag you with your own mucus-y tissues," Kyungsoo threatened, and Jongin giggled. "I will."

"You wouldn't have the heart to," Jongin said with a smile.

***

"Yep. Right. Uh-huh. Yeah, no." Baekhyun slammed his head on the desk. "I'm just not getting it. What do I do?"

Chanyeol scooted closer to the boy. "Baekkie, it's okay. You've just gotta put your heart and mind into it."

"You have my heart, and Kyungsoo has my mind, does that mean I'm broke?" Baekhyun whined.

"You can temporarily have your heart back, and Kyungsoo's fine. He's with Jongin, and they're probably taking care of each other just fine. No need to be worried about them." Chanyeol rubbed Baekhyun's back. "You can do it, I believe in you."

Baekhyun sighed. "I can't concentrate. It's so hard!"

Chanyeol had an idea. "Kris!" he called out into the room. "C'mere for a second!"

Kris' reply coming from under his pillow was faint but clear. "Your boyfriend is a trainwreck, and I am not coming near it," he said. "Besides, tutoring idiots is definitely not my style."

"Jerk," Baekhyun spat.

"Ooh, ouch. That one hurt," Kris said sarcastically. "I'm gonna have to sleep off the pain. Would you mind maybe keeping it down?"

The shortest boy in the room rolled his eyes. Chanyeol gave him a sympathetic look. "And I have to live with him," he said.

"I pity you," Baekhyun said.

"I don't," Kris added.

"Go to sleep," the couple said simultaneously.

Chanyeol went back to explaining how the creation of music is as much like the birth of a child as the textbook claims it to be.

***

Yixing was sitting in class in the morning when Joonmyun walked in. "Hey, Joonmyun, right?" the Chinese boy asked, with a hint of an accent.

The boy nodded. "Hello, Yixing," he greeted awkwardly. "How are you? Why are you here?"

"I'm fine. I'm just here to ask Kyungsoo a question. Do you know when he'll be here?" Yixing looked hyper, like he was about to jump out of the Earth's atmosphere on energy alone.

"Kyungsoo and Jongin are sick. They're in their room. There, they're in their bed," Joonmyun giggled. "Sorry, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to use all three theres in one sentence."

Yixing smiled, showing off his face craters otherwise known as dimples. Joonmyun wondered if he could hold things in them. "Where's his room, might I ask? It's kind of urgent."

Joonmyun was reluctant. He knew Kyungsoo wouldn't appreciate finding Yixing at his door, especially not if he hasn't told Jongin yet. But would it be rude to say no like that? "Umm, I'm pretty sure it's better if you stay away. They should be under quarantine."

Yixing waved dismissively. "I've got my flu shots, I'm immune. Besides, it'll only take a few minutes. Just tell me where it is!"

Joonmyun tried his best to resist, but to no avail. Those dimples were hypnotizing, and Yixing knew it. He used them to their full potential. With a sigh, he gave directions to the room on the fourth floor.

When Yixing found the room he was told Kyungsoo would be in, he was surprised to find someone else opening the door. The short boy with heavy eyeliner

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter