thirtyfive

Remember Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyungsoo was in bed, on his phone. Jongin was on the bed too, but with his legs dangling off the side and his head on Kyungsoo’s tummy. His head began to shake when his pillow started laughing.

Wordlessly, Kyungsoo shoved his phone in Jongin’s hand for him to look at. It was a video sent on Facebook by Jongin’s mother. “My mom is sending you cat videos now?”

“She said it reminded her of us.”

The video was of a cat and a dog bickering and then starting to each other.

“God, my mom is lame,” Jongin said, returning the phone with a wide smile on his face.

“She’s cute. She obviously wants to make up for lost time.”

“Yeah, she’s been sending me those cheesy ‘mom memes’. At her rate she’s going to tap that industry dry.”

“I think that’s incredibly sweet,” Kyungsoo said before turning back to his phone.

A couple of minutes later, both of their phones buzzed with a message from Mrs. Do to the Do group chat. It was another one of those “mom memes”. Kyungsoo groaned, and Jongin guffawed.

“Oh so it’s sweet when my mom does it, but when it’s your mom, you get to groan?”

“Shut up this one is particularly cringe-worthy.”

“It’s got a minion to the side of the text of course it’s going to be cringe-worthy.” Jongin sat up and looked at the clock. “Let’s go eat dinner.”

Kyungsoo held out an arm in a gesture that meant he wanted Jongin to pull him up off the bed, but Jongin simply slapped Kyungsoo’s hand back and forth between his own.

“Come on,” Kyungsoo groaned. “Just pull me up.”

Instead, Jongin leaned over and laid completely on top of his boyfriend. “Now you have to pull us both up,” he whispered with a smirk.

Kyungsoo grinned. “I guess we just won’t have dinner then.”

At the thought of starvation, Jongin leapt up and tugged on Kyungsoo just enough to get him into a seated position. “I’m hungry,” he whined.

Kyungsoo smiled. He enjoyed this feeling. Being able to just be lazy and joke around with the man he loved. He had no idea where he would be without Jongin. For starters, he hadn’t had a need to date anyone else since high school; it was safe to say his game was pretty much non-existent.

Jongin raised an eyebrow. “I know I’m hot, but it’s kind of creepy the way you’re staring at me, all introspective like.”

The shorter man smiled and shook his head. “Just admiring,” he said, deciding to feed his boyfriend's ego. He hoisted himself up to his feet and took Jongin’s hand. Together, they made their way to the food court.

Once they had their trays, they found Chanyeol and Kris sitting at a table, both missing their better halves. “Hey, bachelors,” Kyungsoo greeted. The two took a seat with them.

Chanyeol’s head shot up. “Watch it, dip,” he hissed with a glare.

Jongin frowned. “Dude, what’s your issue?”

Kris chuckled. “He’s in a mood. He and Baekhyun are fighting.”

“What about?” Kyungsoo asked. He took a nervous bite out of his deli sandwich.

Chanyeol sighed and dropped his chopsticks onto his tray. “It’s really dumb. So, back when we first met I had just mentioned that I’ve never really been in a gay relationship or had gay .”

Kris raised a finger in the air. “As his roommate from first year to last semester, I can confirm that he had actually had gay multiple times before Baekhyun.”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “Yeah. So I lied to Baekhyun, because honestly I did not expect our relationship to last so long. I legitimately thought it would be a one night stand, like every other man I’d ever slept with since I got to university.”

“‘Since I got to university’ is a key phrase here,” Kris pointed out.

“Yeah. I had actual relationships with boys in highschool that never really lasted more than a few months, but the point is I had them. Actually quite a few of them. And while Baek was at my mom’s he found out about those, and now he’s mad at me for ‘basing this whole relationship on a lie’.”

Jongin bit the inside of his cheek. “That’s rough, man.”

Kyungsoo leaned backwards, throwing his sandwich onto his plate. “He shouldn’t make such a big deal out of this…” he muttered.

Jongin turned to Kris. “So, where’s Zitao?”

Kris took a sip of water to moisten his mouth after a rather dry bite of his sandwich before answering. “He wasn’t feeling well, so he went to the walk-in clinic. I wanted to go with him, but he told me to go eat instead.”

Jongin raised his eyebrows. “Wow. You two aren’t surgically attached at the hip?”

Kris laughed. “Am I really that overbearing?”

“Dude, you would probably try to only let Zitao breathe pure oxygen if it were up to you,” Chanyeol said. “Lay off him a little.”

Kyungsoo pushed his tray away. He whispered to Jongin that he wasn’t really that hungry, and that he would go talk to Baekhyun. Jongin offered to come with him, but Kyungsoo reassured him that he would be fine, and that it was probably best if he went alone, anyway.

Jongin stayed with Kris and Chanyeol until he saw Sehun and Luhan in the corner of his eye. They waved him over. As he approached, they pulled a beer out of a backpack and tossed it to him so he could join them. Sehun saw a security officer in his peripheral and suggested they go up to their dorm instead. Jongin waved at Chanyeol and Kris as he left the food court.

Kris and Chanyeol sat in silence once alone. Really, Chanyeol was kind of relieved when Kris got a phone call and had to go, even though he looked concerned.

Not really able to go back up to his room while Baekhyun was angry at him, he just took his time at the food court.

***

Kyungsoo burst into Baekhyun’s room as soon as it was opened. He was clearly enraged. Joonmyun was there, too.

“You’re mad at Chanyeol?!” Kyungsoo finally yelled after much probing from the other two. “You’re angry that the man you cheated on wasn’t a when you two hooked up?! Oh, boo hoo!”

Baekhyun frowned. “Well, I cheated once, and he lied for two years straight. I guess we’re even.”

“Oh no you aren’t. Two wrongs don’t make a right, but your wrongs are not even close to being equal. Grow up, Baekhyun! He was in the closet to the public. He wasn't going to spill his whole life story to someone he didn’t think was gonna stick around!”

Joonmyun looked from one friend to the other in a panic. “Come on guys, we can sort this out without busting an eardrum!” After the loud smack that came from Baekhyun’s hand making contact with Kyungsoo’s cheek, Joonmyun added, “Or anything else!”

Kyungsoo gasped as he held his face, already turning red from the impact. “Why the hell did you slap me, you monkey bladder?”

“You don’t have a right to dictate how I should feel about my boyfriend lying to me for two whole years when you’re only staying with Jongin out of pity!”

Kyungsoo took his turn to slap Baekhyun back. “I am not staying with Jongin out of pity. I am staying with him out of love.”

Joonmyun cried out, “Guys!” to no avail.

“Yeah, well why were you crying about wanting to break up for so long only to take it all back once you found out about his amnesia?”

“Because a misunderstanding was cleared. I guess that much maturity is foreign to you.”

Baekhyun raised a hand to slap Kyungsoo again, but Joonmyun caught it in midair. “Guys!”

“What?!” both the feuding men asked in unison.

“Jesus Christ, have some decency, people! Quit hitting each other because you don’t agree with one another! Talk it out in indoor voices!”

“Indoor voices?” Kyungsoo asked. “What is this, kindergarten?”

“I can’t believe you two!” Joonmyun breathed. “You two are best friends! You should be helping each other with all of your problems, not using them to tear each other down!”

Kyungsoo pointed at Baekhyun. “I will only say this much more: If I ever hear again that you are angry at Chanyeol for something so trivial and incongruent with what you’ve done, I will not hesitate to tell him the truth.”

Baekhyun gulped. “You’re right. I’m sorry for what I said about you and Jongin.”

Joonmyun gave himself a pat on the back with a wide smile.

***

Jongin sat in Sehun’s desk chair while the other two sat in their own beds. “So, you’re dating now, or what?” he asked, curiosity getting the best of him.

Sehun took a swig from his can while Luhan answered, “Yeah. I mean, thanks, in part, to you.”

Jongin waved dismissively. He’d read in his journal about the late night conversation he’d had with Luhan, but didn’t really think anything he’d said would have shaped the path

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter