zero

Remember Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I want to break up," he said, the tears streaming down his face. 

His boyfriend hardly raised his eyes from the book he was reading. "No you don't," was his brief reply. 

Jongin was right, and for that, Kyungsoo hated him. Without another word, he grabbed his bag and stormed out of his dorm, to maybe find some solace in his frenemy, Byun Baekhyun. 

As soon as the eyeliner sporting boy opened the door, Kyungsoo knew he was interrupting something. He silently cursed at his freshman self for not making more friends. Still, Baekhyun was aware of his friend's state and invited him in. Sitting at his desk was the tall Park Chanyeol, often dozing off over an open textbook. 

They sat on one of the twin sized beds, their backs to the desk and the napping boy, and spoke in hushed whispers. "He's too much," Kyungsoo began, for what felt like the millionth time this week. "He never pays any attention to me anymore, he's just always in his books." He drew in a loud sniffle, jolting the big eared one awake for a brief moment. 

Baekhyun put a hand on Kyungsoo's shoulder. "Listen, you're my friend, and I know we have had our differences in the past, you better know I love you. And for that reason, it's time you break it off." 

Kyungsoo shook his head, and before Baekhyun could open his mouth to go on his usual "unhealthy relationship" rant, he spoke up. "I tried. I actually tried this time." 

Baekhyun was stunned to silence, having never considered the possibility. Ever since he knew Kyungsoo, the shorter boy had been in his relationship. It was one of the main factors that prevented him from breaking up with his passive boyfriend. He felt like all those years will have gone to waste. 

But Kyungsoo explained that he had, in fact, spoken to his boyfriend, explained everything he was feeling and expressed that he finally wanted to break up. "He can see right through me. He didn't even look at me and he could see right through me, God damnit!" 

Baekhyun had an idea. "You hate him, don't you?" he asked. The round eyed boy hesitated, but nodded. "Tell me in great detail what you hate about him." 

And Kyungsoo started. He went all the way back to before they even met. "I hate the way he was with Oh Sehun before me. I wouldn't mind this all that much if he would shut his mouth about me having a fling with the Chinese exchange student Yixing back in the ninth grade." Kyungsoo scoffed. "It's not like it was anything serious anyway, unlike his two year relationship!" 

He took a deep breath before continuing. "I hate the way in the eleventh grade, he bumped into me and didn't say sorry because he thought I was a freshman. As if that's an excuse! I hate the way that made me curious about him and I hate the way that day was the day that started it all, all of this heartache. I hate the way he would always stay late in the dance room to practice while I did choir, so we would end up going on the late bus together. I hate the opportunity that gave us. I hate the day he tripped and dropped his books in front of me and I hate myself for helping him pick them up. I hate him for smiling at me so charmingly and starting a conversation. He didn't even try claiming to have done that on purpose!" 

Baekhyun nodded, trying to follow along his sobbing friend's story line. He hadn't known him in high school, they met on orientation day in university. 

"I hate the way he was so lame at asking me out for the first time. He didn't do anything special, he wasn't even nervous! Yeah, that's another thing completely, I hate his confidence. Who does he think he is? But back to the asking out thing, I hate the stupid dandelion he picked me from the school's sorry excuse of a garden. I hate the way he just said, 'My friends are daring me I can't fall in love, will you help me prove them wrong?' What does that even mean?" Kyungsoo's voice rose as he spoke. 

Chanyeol woke up again, wiping drool from his mouth with the back of his university sweater sleeve. He glanced at Baekhyun and Kyungsoo confusedly, until he registered the things that had happened between his naps. 

"I hate the fact that our first date was helping him choose a gift — for his ex-boyfriend's birthday. I hate the way he tried to give himself a nickname throughout our senior year. I hate the way I thought it was cute. Ugh! He wasted his senior yearbook quote on 'Call me Kai'. I had wanted to do something cute and coupley. Instead, I got stuck with 'The memories and friendships made at this school will stay with me forever.' How lame is that?" 

Baekhyun thought of his own yearbook quote, which was nearly the same thing, and halfheartedly agreed, "Yeah, that's so lame." 

"I hate the fact that he made me choose this school because he wanted to be together. I didn't want this school, I wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter