one

Remember Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the morning, Kyungsoo woke up to the familiar snore of Byun Baekhyun mixed with the sleepy mumblings of his roommate Kim Joonmyun. He was going to toss and turn until he remembered — albeit too late — that the sofa wasn't nearly big enough for that. He fell on his stomach with a winded, "Oof!" 

"Floosh manargh..." said Joonmyun, stirring. 

Kyungsoo got up to his feet and walked around. He checked the clock and found there were still some minutes until Jongin's first class which he wouldn't be late for in the world. He figured then would be a good time to go pick up his things. For now, he busied himself by changing in to the extra clothes he kept in his overnight bag more often since they've also been arguing — rather, Kyungsoo's been arguing, Jongin's been reading — more often. It came in handy in times like these. 

With eight minutes left, Kyungsoo walked around the room, picking up and putting back picture frames, pencil holders, and other travel souvenirs. He stumbled upon one notebook in particular that made him smile. 

Back when he'd been a music major, Kyungsoo had been in Baekhyun's class. There were always in competition for top student so they'd become rivals. But then they were paired up for one assignment, and that one assignment taught them that they both had things to learn from each other. Ever since then, they've tolerated each other, friendship being easier now that Kyungsoo was a theatre major, but Baekhyun was still a frenemy to him for his love for singing had not diminished. 

He glanced back down at the notebook from the time they were classmates. He had no idea what Baekhyun was using it for now, but it had been the surprise prize in class. He remembered the two practicing non-stop, thinking the prize was going to be some big, expensive thing. Kyungsoo had won, but upon seeing the notebook, which he had a ton of at home, he gave it to Baekhyun. Almost like a peace offering. 

Baekhyun stirred and Kyungsoo froze. The bed-headed boy sat up in bed and stared at Kyungsoo through narrowed sleepy eyes. "Kyungsoo? What are you doing up so early?" he asked. 

Kyungsoo glanced at his watch. "Jongin should be off to class already, I should get going too," he explained. He put the notebook back on the desk and picked up his bag. He was almost at the door when he turned around and said, "Thank you. Really, thank you so much." Without leaving Baekhyun a chance to say anything, he hurried out of the room and the door shut with a click so quiet, yet it managed to wake up Joonmyun. 

"Don't pull it!" he yelled as he jumped up onto his bed. He looked around and remembered where he was, and sat back down. 

Baekhyun shook his head exasperatedly and went back to worrying about his friend. 

Down the hall and after a right turn, Kyungsoo was standing in front of a door, fist propped up to knock, but he was hesitating. Why? Jongin probably wasn't there anyway. He fished out his key and stuck it in the hole and turned the knob. 

He was almost disappointed by the silence he was met with. He sighed as he stepped inside, but his expression quickly changed to one of surprise when he saw Jongin, still in bed. 

Jongin wasn't small, but he wasn't big either. He had a lot of muscles from his dancing, and his height was rather average, though he was a bit taller than his boyfriend. His face, in contrast to his mature body, was one of a child's, so sweet, so innocent. He looked almost angelic to the boy standing at the doorway. 

"Jongin..." he whispered gently, getting close to his side of the bed. "Jongin, you're late for class." 

Jongin grumbled, but didn't wake up. Kyungsoo realized that the book his boyfriend read so many times was left unguarded, so he took his chance and went for the catch. Flipping through the first few handwritten pages, he soon realized it was a diary. As he tried to place who's diary it could possibly be, Jongin sat up and grabbed the book from his hands, eyes wide with panic. 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and turned away. "I didn't read it, don't worry," he said bitterly. "Also, you're really late for class." The shorter boy picked up his books and his laptop and put them in his school bag. His class didn't start for another half hour, but since he wasn't going to spend it in this room, he may as well be early. 

"Where were you last night?" Jongin asked, almost uncharacteristically. 

"Oh, you noticed?" Kyungsoo spat. "That's new, I'm so honoured." He slung the bag over one shoulder. "I was at Baekhyun's." He didn't know why he answered, Jongin definitely didn't deserve it. 

"Can..." This was becoming the longest conversation the two had ever spoken in such a long time. "Can we talk?" asked Jongin. 

But for once, Kyungsoo was done talking. Instead, he turned around and stormed off, something their neighbours must be getting used to. He didn't stay long enough to hear Jongin cry. 

In the mornings, Kyungsoo had Theatre Tech while Jongin had Choreography. They were on separate floors, so they never got to walk each other to class. Rather, Jongin never got to wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter