The Diary of a Lost Fan Boy- Chapter 2

The Diary of a Lost Fan Boy

Chapter 2


“Ya! Kim Ryeowook! Wait for me!” I heard Hyukjae shouting from afar.

I turned around and saw that Hyukjae was running towards me. I just hope that he didn’t see the “incident” that happened between me and that arrogant guy. When he finally caught up with me, I tried to act normal.

“Oh! Hyukjae, what’s wrong?” I asked.

“Don’t ask me what’s wrong! And don’t act like everything’s normal! What happened back there?” Hyukjae asked me the question that I was hoping he wouldn’t ask.

“I guess I can’t hide it from you anymore, huh? Did you see everything?” I asked.

“Hell yeah! And why would you try and I hide it from me! I’m your best friend! You should tell me everything! So now, tell me the details!” Hyukjae and I went to our usual hang out place, by the old tree at the school garden. No one really goes there because almost all of the students prefer to hang out at the fountain in front of the high school building. All of the popular ones sit there even though they’re from different years. Other students hang out near that place in order to catch a glimpse of the popular kids. While we were going to the old tree, we passed by the fountain and we saw that Kyuhyun was already hanging out with the popular kids. It was so predictable that he would start joining them but I just hoped that they would treat him as a true friend and not just someone who’s famous and rich. But why am I even concerned about him? I’m so weird. Unfortunately, Kyuhyun saw me and he winked at me. I know that I should be irritated but deep inside I felt that my heart melted and I also felt butterflies in my stomach. Why am I like this? I kept asking myself. It’s good that it doesn’t show on the outside because if it did, he would just find a good reason to mock me. I just ignored him and continued walking.

When we reached the old tree, we sat down on the grass then Hyukjae started to pull my arms.

“Okay! Now tell me the whole story!” Excitement was written all over his face. He should not be excited with what that guy did to me.

I told him the whole story from the staring to the kiss. 

“What an arrogant, selfish, obnoxious dude! He’s so full of himself! I never thought that Cho Kyuhyun would be like that! You should’ve just become a fan of my Donghae and not that self-centered guy. I can assure you that Donghae is not like that!” Hyukjae reacted.

“Hyukjae! You’re missing out on the point! Why did we suddenly arrive at Donghae! Focus! It’s that arrogant Kyuhyun that we’re talking about!” I brought him back to his senses. 

“Sorry, Wookie! I just thought that it was your first time to become a fan boy and now a bad memory would be left to you because of that Kyuhyun.” Hyukjae apologized.

“Its okay, Hyukjae. I’m just thinking what to do with him. I have to bear with him until the school year ends! Why do I have to be placed at the back of the classroom with no other seatmate than him!!?”

“You can do it, Wookie! I’m always here! Just call me if ever that guy plays with you again! But I have to ask this, didn’t you feel anything when he kissed you?” Hyukjae asked a surprising question.
“How did I feel?! What do you think?! Of course I was furious!” I said but I know for a fact that I was lying. It’s true that I did feel furious but I also felt something different even though he was really arrogant and mean. Is this normal for a fan being kissed by his idol even though it was not proper?

“Wookie, don’t lie to me. I can clearly see from your eyes that you just didn’t feel frustration when he kissed you. You liked it, right?” Hyukjae asks a serious question.

I heard something move behind the tree but I just ignored it. Maybe it was my subconscious mind making up sounds because of the intense question that Hyukjae was aking me.

“To be honest, yes I did feel something.” I shyly answered.

“Don’t be ashamed. It’s okay to feel that way. You never knew that your idol was like that, right? I think that if Donghae was as arrogant as he was and he kissed me, I wouldn’t deny that I would feel something different! It’s okay for fans like us.” Hyukjae explained.

“But isn’t that bad? Just because you’re a fan you just can’t let your idol do those ridiculous things to you, right? You have to give respect to yourself.” I said.

“I know but why did you feel something different? You’re the one who told me that we should respect ourselves as fans but you’re the one who still likes him.”

“I don’t like him!” I protested.

“Okay, whatever you say. By the way, my Donghae is holding a concert! I so want to watch but the tickets are already sold out! I was willing to pay the most expensive ticket!”

“That’s okay, Hyukjae. Just wait for the next concert.” I said without an effort.

This feeling really confused me. I should stop doing this to myself. I kept on telling myself on the way back to the classroom that it was just an infatuation. I only felt that way because I think that he’s handsome. Nothing more! I kept murmuring to myself the word infatuation until I reached my seat. To my surprise, Kyuhyun was already there. Of course I ignored him and just waited for the teacher to arrive. Knowing what Kyuhyun did earlier, I knew that he wouldn’t just patiently wait for the teacher.

“Hello again, cute Kim Ryeowook! Miss me?” Kyuhyun said with a grin on his face.

I just ignored him but my heart sank when when he said my name. I wished that I just didn’t become his fan so that I wouldn’t feel mixed emotions.

I was surprised when he didn’t continue teasing me when I ignored him. I looked at him but he just smiled at me. The smile was so innocent that I was starting to think that he might be actually kind. I got a hold of myself for a second and refused to believe that he could change that fast. I returned his smile with rolling my eyes. I just faced front and luckily, the teacher arrives.

________________________________________
_________________________

When it was the last period, I was starting to get relieved. I kept thinking that I might concentrate better if I wasn’t sitting next to him anymore. Even though he was quiet the whole time, which was surprising, I still had a hard time getting my thoughts straight because knowing that he was next to me was enough to distract me and he was not teasing me anymore which added more to my confusion. 

I wasn’t really paying attention to the class because I so occupied with my thoughts. I was surprised when someone tapped my shoulder. I knew that it was Kyuhyun since he’s my only seatmate. 

“What?” I asked plainly.

“I didn’t mean to disturb your little thinking time there but didn’t you hear? We need to work by pair. We have to answer this sheet of paper.” He waved a paper in front of my face. 

“Oh! I’m sorry.” I said.

“Don’t worry. Your cuteness is enough for an apology.” He teased me again. But this time, I wasn’t as irritated as I was that morning. 

“Let’s just do this, okay?” I told him seriously.

“Fine.”

We decided to split the items on the activity sheet so that we won’t consume much time. He finished ahead of me so he just stared at me while I was still working on my part. It was intimidating when he was staring at me. I didn’t know why but knowing that his eyes were on me made me feel really conscious and uncomfortable. 

“Okay, I’m done.” I said.

“Good job then.” He plainly said.

When I looked at the others, they were still busy doing theirs. I saw that Hyukjae and Yesung having a hard time answering the paper. They were arguing and they won’t stop talking until the teacher approached them. Besides the two, others were also confused on how they should answer the paper. I felt lucky that we were already finished with ours. 

Kyuhyun was so silent and it didn’t seem right. I was starting to warm up to him so I decided to start the conversation.

“You’re awfully quiet now.” I said.

“I thought you didn’t like me teasing you but now that I’m not you say I’m quiet, you’re one weird cute guy.” He said with a shrug.

“Yes, I did say that I didn’t like it when you tease me but you can talk and talking doesn’t involve you teasing me.”

“Sorry but talking to you is teasing for me so I should just shut up right? Can’t help it! You’re just too cute to take seriously! You can’t blame me for teasing you.” He said then he pinched my cheeks.

“That hurts! Stop it! Only my mom can do that!” I said without thinking. 

Why did I ever say that? I just gave him another reason to tease me.

“Only mommy can do it huh? Well now only mommy and Kyuhyunnie can do it!” He said it like speaking to a baby. 

“Oh! I regret talking to you!” 

He just laughed. 

Why can’t we have a decent conversation? I was giving him a chance to prove that my first impressions on him are wrong but he just continued it. I felt disappointed. I thought he would already be nice to me because of the way he smiled at me a while ago but I guess I was wrong. Are you already confused on how am I feeling? I’m very sorry but I just can’t put to words how I was really feeling at that time. Just think of it as a love-hate feeling. I show on the outside that I loathe him but on the inside, I really feel happy and elated when he talks to me or teases me. Going back to the story….

When classes are over we all stood up and waited for the teacher to leave the room. I was grabbing my bag from the floor when I felt someone kiss my cheeks. I dropped my bag and looked to where my “kisser” was. Surprise, Surprise! It was Kyuhyun. He stole a kiss from me! Again!!!

“Goodbye, cute Kim Ryeowook! See you tomorrow!” He said then ran away.

I was speechless. I didn’t have a chance to shout at him or question him for what he did. I think you already know how I felt. I touched my cheek where he kissed me, and I let out a small smile which Hyukjae saw. I put down my hand immediately when I saw that he caught me and I just continued getting my bag. 

We left school together and I was surprised that he still hasn’t opened up the topic about Kyuhyun kissing me on the cheek.

“Hyukjae, aren’t you going to ask me something?” I took the initiative to ask.

“FINALLY! “ He shouted and I was surprised.

“What are you talking about?” I was really confused.

“I was just waiting for you to bring it up because I thought you didn’t want to talk about it! And I was also testing you as my best friend if you would really tell me everything! Ha! You’re really my best friend!!” He said then hugged me.

“Good thing I brought it up! I thought you were sick or something.” I joked.

“So, what happened?”
I told him what happened. Even our conversation when we were working by pairs. 

“What if he really likes you? As in, sincerely likes you?” Hyukjae said.

“Are you out of your mind? How could he like a guy that he just met today!?” I said in shock.

“You know, Wookie, it’s called love at first sight.” Hyukjae teased me.

“How can teasing someone be called love? And besides you’re ridiculous! By the looks of it, he already has a boyfriend or a girlfriend.” I said.

“Ohhh! Is our Wookie jealous?” Hyukjae teased me even more.

“Stop it, Hyukjae! The last thing I need right now is you teasing me! I’ve had enough teasing from Kyuhyun already!” I told him seriously.

“Okay fine! I’m sorry cute Kim Ryeowook!” Hyukjae laughed when he emphasized on the ‘cute Kim Ryeowook’

I just stared at him seriously. He already knew what to do so he just stopped laughing. As much as I wanted to laugh with Hyukjae, it may not seem proper that I show Hyukjae that I was also enjoying him teasing me about Kyuhyun. 

It may seem weird but even though Kyuhyun kept on pestering me during the last period, I wasn’t that mad with him anymore. It was like the surprise kiss he gave me before he left wiped away all my frustrations on him. It seems that I can already bear with him teasing me. I just hope that he doesn’t go too far that I will be put into a situation that I’ll get really mad. I think I can’t get mad at Kyuhyun. What’s happening to me?!?!?!?!

That night, I slept comfortably with Kyuhyun in my dreams. In my dreams, he sung me a lullaby which helped me sleep peacefully.

________________________________________
___________________

The next morning, I went to school early. I didn’t meet Hyukjae anymore because he said that he has no plans on being early that day. 

When I entered the school grounds, there were only a few students. Classes start at 8:00am and in my watch it says that it’s still 6:45am. I guess I’m really early, huh? I went immediately to my locker so that I won’t join the “locker rush” later. Sometimes, I arrive late at our first period just because it takes me forever before I can get to my locker and actually get my things. 

The feeling of the morning air was soothing and it was quiet which was more relaxing. As I opened my locker, I was surprised that there was a small box inside. It would be impossible to slip a box through the opening of my locker. Someone might have known my code then placed it inside. I first get the things that I need and placed it inside my bag. When everything was fixed, I decided to open the box. I was surprised to see what was inside. It was 2 tickets to Donghae’s concert that Hyukjae wanted so bad! And it was VIP seats! First row! Hyukjae would be ecstatic about this! There was a note under the box. 

Dear Kim Ryeowook,

I hope that you like what I have given you ^_^ I heard that your friend really wants to watch this concert :) Good thing I found a way and got these tickets! 

Hope you have a good day and enjoy the concert!!

P.S I’ve really admired you since the moment I saw you. I hope that you don’t find this scary :) I have good intentions!

Always by your side,
The man with the killer voice


I was totally surprised when I saw the note! Somehow I got an idea who gave it to me. There’s only one guy who can know his locker combination, who goes to school this early and who has a killer voice. 

I kept the tickets and the note inside my bag then went inside the classroom. When I went in, there were only two people inside. The person I speculated that gave me the tickets was inside the classroom. I walk up to him.

“Good Morning, Yesungie!! Thank you so much!” 

Yesung and Hyukjae were the only ones who know about his locker combination and Yesung surely has a killer voice. Plus, I don’t mean to be boastful but I know how Yesung feels for me.

He looks confused, maybe he doesn’t want to be embarrassed in front of me and the arrogant guy who was surprisingly early. I thought that I should just play with Yesung so I just winked at him. He surely liked it when I winked at him. 

“You’re welcome, Wookie. For whatever I did.” He just said confused.

I was walking towards my seat at the back when I saw that Kyuhyun was looking at me seriously and I can sense the anger from his eyes. What did I ever do to this guy? He’s so weird.

I sit down and just got out a book from my bag. Coincidentally, the note got stuck with the book. From the corner of my eye, I can see that Kyuhyun was looking at the note. 

“Cute Kim Ryeowook! Don’t tell me you have a secret admirer!” Oh no! Here we go again with the teasing!

“Good morning to you too.” I just said.

He managed to get the note from the book then he reads it seriously. I waited for his reaction then after a few seconds he laughed.

“What’s so funny?!” I asked.

“This guy is a er! So cheesy!” He said.
“Shut up!” I said looking at Yesung. He might hear what Kyuhyun said.

I got the note from his hands then kept it inside my bag. I just started to read my book.

Even though Kyuhyun didn’t notice it, I was glancing at him once in a while and I can’t help wonder why his facial expression is so sour. His expression reads anger, frustration, and sadness. What’s wrong with him? 

________________________________________
_________________

Hello everyone! PLEASE SUBSCRIBE if you really like my story and PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS :D It inspires me to write more :) 

Feel free to add me up as a friend and I will add you up as well :D 

Hope you have a fun time reading :D and THANK YOU to those who will read!! 

Leave comments ;)