The Diary of a Lost Fan Boy- Chapter 20

The Diary of a Lost Fan Boy

Chapter 20

“Before we go there, we will make a quick detour first.” Kyuhyun said as we turned right towards a quiet but decent street.

As school ended today, we immediately rode his car and his driver took us again to a place that is mysterious to me.

“Detour? To where?” I asked as I looked outside the window and tried to figure out where we were.

“To a friend of mine.” He said.

“Sir, we’re here. I’ll bring the ca—“ 

“Stop! I understand what you want to say! I told you it was a secret!” Kyuhyun tried to remind his driver something.

“Sorry, sir. I forgot.” He bowed down his head.

We went out of the car and the driver left.

“What was that all about?” I asked.

“Nothing. Let’s go inside.” He tried to distract me.

When I turned around, I finally realized where we are.

“What are we doing in a designer’s store?” I asked Kyuhyun with confused eyes.

“Just do as I say, okay?” Kyuhyun shook his head then he took my hand and we made our way inside.

The interior design of this shop makes me feel like I’m in heaven already. Everything is so WHITE! The only other color I can see besides from white is black because of the tuxedos hanging from the sides.

“Kyuhyun?! You came!” A man with orange hair and clear complexion came towards us to hug Kyuhyun.

“Hyung! Sorry I had to come in such short notice.” Kyuhyun apologized.

“Don’t be silly! You’re always welcome here!” The man patted Kyuhyun’s back.

“Hyung, this is Kim Ryeowook! Wookie, this is the man that always designs my clothes when I go to shows or events, Leeteuk!” He gestured me towards him.

“It’s nice to meet you, sir.” I bowed down in front of him.

“No need to be formal! Just call me hyung!” He said as he shook my hand.

“Hyung.” I said shyly.

“I think I know why you’re here, Kyuhyun. Even Donghae went here today and got his own tuxedo. Oh and he already told me what I need to know.” Leeteuk hyung said with a wink.

“I’m glad Donghae did his job. Okay, I’ll get dressed first then it is Wookie’s turn afterwards.” Kyuhyun said as Leeteuk hyung handed him a tuxedo then he made his way towards one of the fitting rooms.

Seriously, I think I’m the most clueless person on earth today. I just didn’t let curiosity take over me so my night won’t be spoiled.

In front of the fitting rooms, there was a sofa that was placed at the center. It was like a wedding dress shop minus the wedding gowns. Wait, this isn’t a wedding gown shop, right? I did a double take by looking at the whole store and saw no sign of white gowns.

“Take a seat, Ryeowook. I know for sure that you’ll like Kyuhyun’s image once he comes out.” Leeteuk hyung said as he took a seat beside me. 

“He will drool!” Kyuhyun shouted.

We both laughed as we heard his voice.

“Do you want some champagne?” Leeteuk hyung offered me a glass.

“Don’t offer him any alcohol! Not tonight! Tomorrow’s fine! Just not tonight, please!” Kyuhyun immediately shouted.

“He’s right. The last time I drank alcohol, things got a little out of hand.” I said as I declined his offer politely.

“Why? What happened?” Leeteuk hyung was curious.

“Let’s just say that I turned into someone different. Someone who doesn’t even utter one lie.” I nodded.

“Amen!” Kyuhyun added.

“Stop butting in, Kyuhyun! Just come out when you’re done!” Leeteuk hyung shouted back at him with a little laughter.

“I am done!” Kyuhyun walked out of the fitting room. 

Wait, I thought I just saw a prince.

“How do I look?” Kyuhyun asked me.

“Dashing!” I said in awe.

He was wearing the typical black tuxedo but with the navy blue dress shirt and a little black bow tie that made the outfit perfect.

“Blue really fits you, Kyuhyun.” Leeteuk hyung said as he picked up what looked like a big make-up box from the floor.

“You’re the best, hyung! Time to do my hair!” Kyuhyun said as he took a sit in between me and Leeteuk hyung.

“He does your hair too?” I asked.

“When it’s short notice, he does.” Kyuhyun whispered.

“Ryeowook, it’s your turn now!” Leeteuk hyung stood up and handed me a tuxedo as well.

“Me?!” I was in shock.

“Yeah! I prepared the best tuxedo for you!” Leeteuk hyung said as he pulled me up.

“Kyuhyun, where exactly are we going?!” I asked in a much louder voice this time.

“Don’t ask him anymore! Just go! You’ll love everything he planned for tonight!” Leeteuk hyung said as he pushed me inside the fitting room. 

After a few minutes, I came out with my school uniform in hand and already wearing the tuxedo.

“PERFECT! I knew it! Light pink really fits you!” Leeteuk hyung happily said as he led the way back to the sofa and he started to touch my hair and face.

“Black tuxedo and light pink as a dress shirt makes you look like a baby! Pink..hmmm..it really fits you.” Kyuhyun added.

When I looked at him, his hair was already groomed and his face had little make-up on. He looked stunning! Kyuhyun is handsome, indeed. Well, I already find him handsome from the start.

“I think Ryeowook doesn’t need make-up anymore! His skin is flawless! Perfect as a white marble!” Leeteuk hyung said to Kyuhyun.

Wow, nobody has ever said that to me.

“Of course! He’s Kim Ryeowook!” Kyuhyun answered confidently as if he was me.

After using both straightening and curling iron on my hair, I was done.

“Love the look, hyung! Why don’t you just become a stylist for real! You would make loads of money!” Kyuhyun stood up as he picked up his uniform and mine on the floor.

I looked at the small mirror that Leeteuk hyung provided for me. When I looked at myself, I was amazed that I can look good as this. My hair was perfect and it complements the outfit. 

“Ryeowook, let’s go. We can’t be late!” Kyuhyun said as he took my hand.

“Thank you so much, hyung!” I said to Leeteuk hyung.

“No problem! You are more than welcome! I hope you enjoy your night, Ryeowook! You are a lucky one!" Leeteuk hyung shouted behind me as Kyuhyun pulled me towards outside.

“Bye hyung! I owe you!” Kyuhyun shouted back then we were already outside.

The sun was setting which made the sky look like a palette of different colors. The bright light from Leeteuk hyung’s shop even gave more accent to the scenery at this moment. After admiring the endless colors of the sky, my eyes lowered down and saw an unusual car parked in front of the shop.

“That’s a sick car! I wonder who the owner is.” I said to Kyuhyun casually.

“Well, the owner is sickly handsome too!” Kyuhyun replied as he got out a car key from his pocket.

I stared at him with wide eyes and my mouth fully opened.

“No freaking way!! This is yours!?! This freaking awesome red convertible!?” I screamed in amazement.

“A special ride for a special night and for a special someone.” He said as he placed our uniforms at the back seat and opened the door for me.

“It might not be a pumpkin turned into a carriage but I thought this will do. Your seat awaits.” He said like a prince.

But you thought this will do?!” I repeated his statement sarcastically. “This will do?! Are you kidding me?! This is beyond ‘will do’!” I said in disbelief as I hopped like a kid towards the passenger seat. 

“I must say that you are the princess tonight.” He said as he took his seat and started the car.

“I beg your pardon? Princess? Why am I the princess?!” I hissed. Now, I’m starting to hate the fact that I am wearing pink.

“We’ve talked about this before! You’re the girl, remember? Besides, you really act like one. Asking me to court you proves that you’re the girl.” He said as I watched him drive. I have to say that it’s the hottest sight ever.

“Uh-oh court-Ryeowook-meter is starting to go down.” I said with a playful voice.

The suddenly came into a halt and I thought my soul left my body.

“GO UP! GO UP! GO UP!” Kyuhyun continued to shout.

“Are you insane!? I still want to live a long life! I was just kidding! Don’t be so childish!” I scolded him continuously.

“Sorry. I just got surprised.” Kyuhyun apologized then we started to move again.

“Don’t ever do that again! I thought I was gonna fly off my seat!” I shouted at him.

“Okay! Okay! I’m sorry! Just don’t choose tonight to be mad at me! I beg you.” He said while he kept his eyes on the road.

“I’m not mad. I was just…..surprised. That’s all.” I said as I calmed myself.

“Good because you better have a good mood tonight.” Kyuhyun said.

“Can you at least tell me now where are we going?” I asked again.

“I think you have to bring shades.” He just smiled.
________________________________________
_____________________________________________

“At last you arrived! People have been anticipating!” Donghae welcomed us as Kyuhyun parked the car at a basement of some hotel.

“Good evening!” I greeted Donghae.

“Hello Ryeowook! We meet once again! How have you been?!” Donghae warmly gave me a friendly hug.

“I’ve been good. I’m still sorry about what happened in Kyuhyun’s house.” I shyly said.

“No worries! Past is past! We better hurry up!” Donghae said and we walked a bit faster towards the elevator.

When we got out of the elevator, the hotel was kind of deserted besides from the staff that stayed at the reception. 

“How do we look?” Kyuhyun asked once we stopped in front of a wooden embossed door.

“Sick. Sickly in love.” Donghae laughed.

“Great!” Kyuhyun said as he fixed my bow tie.

“Ryeowook, what’s your greatest dream?” Donghae suddenly asked me.

“My what?” I was totally confused.

“Just answer him with what you said to me when we were in the bathtub.” Kyuhyun said.

“To rain stars?” I answered with a question.

“Feast your eyes.” Donghae said then he pushed the doors open.

When I stepped inside the room, the place was filled my people. It was like a social party with people dressed up formally. The room was brightly lit, a medium tempo song playing, a long table filled with finger food and round tables with seats for the guests. How exactly is this raining stars? 

“Do you like my own version of raining stars?” Kyuhyun said as he placed his arm around my shoulders.

I looked closely and started to recognize the faces of the people. OH MY GOD! IT IS RAINING STARS! IDOL STARS! I think I know everyone! The members of 2PM were standing right next to the buffet table, Kara and 4minute were talking to each other, the Wonder Girls were sharing a table with 2AM and they were laughing endlessly and many more idol stars were mingling with each other.

“I seriously blame Hyukjae for making me know all of these stars and because of that, I’m so star struck right now. I can’t believe my eyes!” I pulled and pulled Kyuhyun’s arm because of excitement.

“So who do you want to meet first?” Kyuhyun asked proudly.

“Uhmmm…” I looked around and saw the members of C.N.Blue near us. “C.N.Blue! I seriously like their music!” 

“Great choice!” Kyuhyun said and he called them.

“So is this the man you’re talking about, hyung?” The leader, Jung Yonghwa said as he patted my shoulder.

“Guys, meet Kim Ryeowook.” Kyuhyun introduced me to them.

“It’s an honor.” I said in amazement. I don’t care how I looked like right now! Even though I know my mouth is half-open, I don’t care!

“No! It’s an honor for us! Hyung told us he would introduce someone special to him tonight and we are glad that we are the lucky ones to meet hyung’s special someone!” The drummer Kang Minhyuk said.

“I’m sorry to ask, but what is this party?” I asked all of them.

“Idol stars have this party annually. There’s no press or media here because it’s a private party for all of us. Fans and press don’t even attempt to go here because it’s the only request of the idol stars that they give us time all to ourselves privately.” Kyuhyun explained.

“Oh! I think I’ve heard of this before from Hyukjae.” I said as I tried to remember.

“Hyung, everyone’s been curious to know who’s the special someone you’ll bring tonight! It’s creating a big buzz!” Yonghwa said.

“Then I guess I better introduce Wookie to everyone.” Kyuhyun said and he took my hand. “Let’s meet some stars!” 

For the whole hour, we went from one star to another. The members of Beast even attempted to pinch my cheeks but Kyuhyun blocked them immediately. Everyone always told me how lucky I was and how they’re so jealous of me. They were all so polite and caring that I really felt that they want to be friends with me for real. Seulong, the member of 2AM, even shared to me that he listened to the song that Kyuhyun and I recorded. He said that Kyuhyun made him listen to it and when he heard my voice, he wanted to recruit me as the 5th member of 2AM which made us all laugh. It was a night full of laughter and smiles.

“I can’t believe it. The idol stars I’ve watched on television want to be friends with me.” I said in bewilderment as Kyuhyun and I took our seats with the members of SHINee in one table.

“I’m really happy that you liked it. Like I told you, I would make this wish of yours come true.” He said as he placed his hand on top of my lap under the table.

“I know that this isn’t really what I meant when I said I wanted it to rain stars but this is totally better!” I was still amazed with what just happened.

“You should have seen your face earlier. I thought your jaw was going to drop.” Kyuhyun laughed.

“I don’t even care!” I answered back with a smile.

“I feel sorry for you.” Jonghyun, the member of SHINee, suddenly said to me.

“Why?!” Kyuhyun asked him in a cocky voice.

“Because you have to undergo Kyuhyun hyung’s violent tyranny. I’m sorry if he’s been hard on you.” Jonhyun joked and all of s broke into laughter.

“Don’t listen to him, baby. You know I’m not like that.” Kyuhyun said.

All of them started to squeal like teenage girls.

“That’s so cheesy!” Taemin, the maknae, slapped Minho’s arm.

Don’t listen to him, baby” Onew, the leader, imitated Kyuhyun’s voice and all of them squealed again.

“Why? Are you guys jealous?” Kyuhyun asked smugly and all I can do was blush in embarrassment.

“Don’t be such a show off, hyung. We’re just surprised that you can be this sweet.” Jonghyun explained.

“We better leave now, Wookie. Before this hooligans infect your mind.” Kyuhyun stood up.

“What? Where are we going?” I asked him like he has gone insane.

“Just go with him, Ryeowook hyung. He has this night all planned. We all know that you two will leave early.” Key explained.

They know about it too?

“Let’s go, Wookie.” Kyuhyun pulled my arm and we made our way towards the door.
________________________________________
_____________________________________________

“We’re not taking your car?!” I asked as we started to walk outside.

“No.” He said with a smile.

“What exactly are we going to do?” I asked, trying to catch up with his pace.

We stopped at the other end of the pedestrian walking area as we waited for the walking sign to turn green.

“Welcome to Seoul, Wookie!” He said as he opened his arms wide open.

Other people who were about to cross the street started to recognize Kyuhyun. I couldn’t help but feel embarrassed for him.

“I live here, okay. I practically memorize Seoul.” I looked at him weirdly.

“Don’t you get it?! This is what you’ve been waiting for!” He grabbed my hand and he pulled me when the light turned green.

“What?” I still asked.

“Look at the couple!” He pointed at a couple who was walking hand in hand on the streets. “What are they doing?”

“They’re on a date, I suppose.” I went silent for a while. “OH! Is this it?! Our much awaited drama-themed date?!” 

“Only the best! There’s nothing better than strolling the streets of Seoul at night.” He said.

I suddenly grew excited. This was it! We’re finally going on a real date! 

“What do we do now, date?” I asked with an eager smile as I called him ‘date’.

“You tell me! I though you would lead this date!?” Kyuhyun asked. He took my hand and placed it inside his pocket. “It’s cold, isn’t it?”

“If you’re just looking for a reason to hold my hand and place it inside your pocket then I’ll just agree with you. But first, we should really grab something to eat.” I suggested.
________________________________________
_____________________________________________

When we arrived at a restaurant, Kyuhyun immediately looked for a table and pulled a seat for me.

“Your seat, awaits.” He said like a gentleman.

“Why, thank you!” I took a seat and he removed the coat of my tuxedo.

He placed both of our coats on the seat next to him then he took a seat right in front of me.

The utensils were placed in a small basket at the end of the table and he placed mine in front of me like a waiter arranging the table for the guests.

“Kyuhyun, I need a date tonight, not a servant.” I laughed at his stiffness.

“Why? Don’t they do this in the dramas?” He asked with a totally confused look.

“The seat and the removing of the coat appear in the dramas but you fixing my utensils and setting up the table is not your job. You make me look like I’m a sick person or something that needs help.” I continued.

“Sorry, I’m not really used to this.” He said as he wiped the sweat from his forehead.

“You’re sweating in this type of weather?! It’s so cold outside! You even said it.” I said as I raised my eyebrows.

“I don’t know.” He uneasily said.

Seriously, seeing him like this makes me wanna cuddle him. The meter is definitely going up. It’s nearing the end, to be honest. Will I say yes tonight?
________________________________________
_____________________________________________

“Let’s happily eat!” I said when our orders were placed on the table.

“Okay, so how does this happen in the dramas?” Kyuhyun asked as he eagerly grabbed his chopsticks.

“Of course we fry the meat first! It needs to happen! Because if we don’t, we will eat raw meat.” I laughed.

“That’s not what I mean! Of course I know that we need to fry the meat!” Kyuhyun answered back like I pained his mind.

“Later. Let’s fry meat first.” I said and placed the raw meat on the frying plate in the middle of the table.

I used my chopsticks to turn over the meat. Kyuhyun watched me for a while and then he started to place the raw meat that was left and he tried to mimic what I was doing as I turned over the meat.

He continued to act like he knew what he was doing. It was funny to see his hard working expression and the sweat falling from his forehead. It’s like I’m seeing the effort and determination he puts into us. I was looking at him with admiration when my gaze was distracted as he hit the chopsticks I’m holding with his own chopsticks.

“I’m sorry.” He apologized without looking at me. Instead, his concentration was still focused on the meat that he was frying but yet again, he hits my chopsticks.

I looked at him playfully and decided to loosen up the tension in him. I grabbed the chopsticks firmly in my hand and I started to hit his chopsticks using mine. I was trying to get him to play with me, like a game of two persons battling using swords.

“Wookie, don—“ He tried to protest but when he saw the playful expression on my face, his serious expression turned into a smirk.

“I must warn you, amateur. I’m good at playing games.” He spoke like a character from a video game.

“Bring it on!” I said as I raised my chin.

He started to attack and I tried to gather all the skills I thought I have in using chopsticks. 

“Does this happen in the dramas?” Kyuhyun fiercely asked.

“I don’t know! But if it did, I’m sure the guy lets the girl win!” I almost screamed because my chopsticks were about to fall from my hand.

“Then you admit it?! You’re the girl here?!” Kyuhyun asked without looking at me. 

“YES! That’s why you should let me win!” I admitted even though I didn’t want to.

Truth be told, one of the sticks of my chopsticks fell flat on the frying plate. Being the naïve me, I immediately tried to pick it up using my bare hand and the expected outcome happened, I got burned.

“Ouch!” I winced in pain and my whole body curled.

“Kim Ryeowook!” I heard Kyuhyun’s panicked voice as he pushed back his chair and knelt down beside my chair. 

“Are you insane?! Why did you do that!?” He was starting to scream, attracting attention.

“It’s your fault! You wouldn’t let me win!” I hissed and cried.

“How is it my fault?!” He even answered back.

“Fine, I’m dumb! I was too stupid!” I retorted.

“Don’t say that.” He sighed.

“Did he get burned?” A polite waitress suddenly approached us.

“Yes! Can you please help?!” Kyuhyun pleaded.

“Don’t worry, Mr. Cho. This happens all the time. We have an ointment always prepared.” The girl seemed to recognize Kyuhyun as he addressed him using his last name.

“Thanks.” Kyuhyun said and the girl went back inside the restricted area.

After a few seconds, the girl came back handing Kyuhyun the tube of ointment.

“Give me your hand.” Kyuhyun said.

“I’ll do it!” I grabbed the ointment from his hand but because of that, he grabbed the opportunity to take hold of my burned hand.

“Don’t do this to me.” He said in a weak voice.

I sighed and I allowed him to put the cream on my burned finger.

“Are you mad?” He asked as he continued to apply the ointment gently.

“No.” I replied but I know for a fact that the tone of my voice betrayed me.

“You are. Please, I repeat, please, don’t pick tonight to be angry. This night will hold so much memories and it would be a spoil if you got mad at me.” He explained carefully.

“I told you, I am not mad.” I said, meaning it this time.

“Are you sure?” He finished applying the cream. He took hold of my chin and used his finger to make my lips curve in to a smile, just like what I did to him before.

“You look so much better when you smile.” He leaned over and left a sweet and short kiss on my lips without releasing my chin.

All the anger in me definitely went away.
________________________________________
_____________________________________________

As promised, it’s longer :) 

Aww it’s chapter 20 already >_< Expect for the end to be near ^^ I can’t tell now what’s the number of the last chapter because I haven’t decided it yet :p But it’s near already ^^

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING! :D