The Diary of a Lost Fan Boy- Chapter 18

The Diary of a Lost Fan Boy

Chapter 18


“Kyuhyun?” I quietly called out his name.

He didn’t respond.

“Kyuhyun?” I called again.

“Hmmm…sleep already.” He said while his eyes were closed.

I was looking at his face deeply, trying to observe him sleeping. The blanket he was sleeping on was placed beside the bed and his body position was facing the bed. Therefore, I can see him clearly.

“The problem is I can’t sleep.” I said while pouting.

“What do you want me to do?” He asked. His eyes were still closed.

“Hmm, nothing. I thought you were not sleeping so I called you. Continue sleeping now. I’ll just wait until I get sleepy.” I said then I went back to my sleeping position which was lying down flatly on the bed while staring at the ceiling.

After a moment, I saw a sleepy Kyuhyun standing up.

“Why are you standing up? Go back to sleep!” I ordered.

“I can’t sleep knowing that my baby is having troubles sleeping.” His eyes were half-opened and his hair was going at different directions.

“Kyuhyun! Look at yourself! Just go back to sleep! I can manage. I never should have called you.” I said.

“No. It’s okay. So what should we do so you can sleep?” He asked.

“Kyuhyun! I said its okay! Don’t mind me! Just go back to bed!” I said.

“How can you still be awake? You were drunk a while ago! You should be snoring by now!” He retorted.

“Maybe because I got an energy booster a while ago.” I said referring to our episode a while ago.

“Hmmm, ‘kay. I guess I’ll go back to bed now.” He said while scratching his head as he yawned.

Suddenly, I thought of something.

“Kyuhyun! Wait!” I said before he can even lie down.

“What?” He asked.

“I think I know how I can sleep already.” I said.

“Really? Good! Then what is it?” He showed me a weak smile since he was sleepy.

I took a deep breath before I did what I was about to do. I sat up, grabbed his hand, and pulled him towards the bed.

“Wookie!” His eyes were fully open now.

“I think I can sleep knowing that you’re comfortably sleeping too.” I said with a blush.

“Wookie, I have to protect your innocence, remember?” Kyuhyun said as he shrugged of his hand from my grip.

“Screw innocence! There’s nothing wrong with sleeping on the same bed! We know that we’re not going to do anything!” I defended. 

It’s official. I have truly lost my innocence.

“Wookie I—“

“Kyuhyun, do this for me, okay? Don’t you want me to sleep peacefully?” I asked.

He hesitated for a while.

“Okay, fine. But I promise not to do anything to you so you can trust me on that.” He said as he grabbed his pillows from the floor and positioned it on the bed.

“Thanks.” I said then I moved a bit to make space for him.

“To secure your innocence, I’ll place a pillow between us, okay?” He said as he lied down and placed the pillow in between us.

“Okay! As long as you sleep on the bed!” I happily said.

I faced sideways so I can see his face and he also faced me. Our faces were only a few inches apart.

“Good night, Wookie.” I can feel his breath against my skin.

He patted my head for a while but when he removed his hand, I grabbed it and held onto it.

“Wook—“

“Good night, Kyuhyun! Let’s just sleep, okay?” I immediately said before he can even protest and use my vanished innocence as a reason.

He shook his head and smiled.

“I am and truly deeply in love with you.” He said then he closed his eyes.

“I know.” I said with a smile then I closed my eyes as well. For the whole night, we slept with our hands intertwined.
________________________________________
_____________________________________________

Why is it so damn cold? I feel my whole body shaking and shivering. The only part of my body that’s warm was my hand since it was holding onto Kyuhyun’s.

And my eyes, I feel my eyes forming tears and it’s hot. It was so hard to open them. What’s happening to me? 

After a few seconds of pondering, someone knocked on the door and opened it. 

“Kyuhyun-ah?” It was a girl’s voice.

Since my eyes were closed, I can only hear her footsteps approaching the bed.

“Kyuhyun?” She said as I figured that she’s now beside Kyuhyun.

“Kyuhyun, it’s time to wake up now. School’s waiting.” The voice said. Oh shoot! I forgot about school!

I opened my eyes carefully but the sun blinded my eyes so I didn’t see the face of the girl yet.

“Are you Ryeowook?” The girl nicely asked.

I removed my grip from Kyuhyun’s hand and I used it to rub my eyes. When I recognized the face of the girl, I immediately stood up and bowed.

“Good morning!” I greeted. When I stood up, I thought the whole universe was shaking. My head was in so much pain and the coldness that I felt didn’t make it any better.

“Omo! You don’t look so good! And you’re shaking!” She said then she approached me.

She used her hand to place it on my forehead then she immediately took it away.

“Ryeowook! You’re blazing hot! You have a fever, dear. Go back to bed and I’ll get medicine. Wait, you are Ryeowook, right?” She asked as she helped me back to bed.

“Yes, I am.” I replied politely.

Kyuhyun started to move and he groaned.

“Kyuhyun! Are you okay?” She asked then she made her way towards Kyuhyun.

“Noona, is that you?” Kyuhyun asked in a cracking voice.

“Who do you expect? No other girl will take care of you like this.” Kyuhyun’s sister rolled her eyes.

“I know but there is also no other guy that can take care of me.” Kyuhyun said as he sat up.

“And who is that? Oh wait, why did I even ask?” His sister said as she looked at me with a smile that was similar to Kyuhyun’s.

Kyuhyun also looked at me and smiled. It feels like I’m inside a room with two Kyuhyuns.

“Did I hear right? My baby is sick?” Kyuhyun looked at me with worried eyes.

“I guess so.” I said then coughed a bit.

“Looks like he’s not the only one who’s sick.” Kyuhyun’s sister said as he placed her hand on Kyuhyun’s forehead.

“He’s sick too?!” I asked in disbelief.

“Unfortunately. What did the two of you do last night?!” She asked.

“Oh nothing! We both just got a great energy booster.” Kyuhyun said with a smirk.

“Oh God, Kyuhyun! You are such a ert!” She shook her head.

“What?! You’re the one who gave a different meaning to what I said!” Kyuhyun protested.

“Good! You’re still so young. You are still in your second year in high school!” She sighed.

“I am not young!” Kyuhyun defended himself.

“Well to me, you will always be my baby brother! So you two better lie down now and I’ll be back to get some medicines.” She said in a strict voice.

“Oh noona! I have to introduce you formally to Ryeowook!” Kyuhyun hurriedly said then he stood up. 

“Noona, this is my cute little blushing Kim Ryeowook!” Kyuhyun introduced me ridiculously and I automatically stood up, battling the headache I was feeling.

“Baby, this is my older sister, Cho Ara! Just call her noona, okay?” Kyuhyun introduced me to her.

I bowed down slowly and she bowed down in return.

“It’s finally nice to meet you, Ryeowook! I’ve heard so much about you! Every second I’m with Kyuhyun, all I can hear is Ryeowook this, Ryeowook that! But don’t worry; I won’t get tired of hearing your name from my brother’s mouth.” She laughed a little. 

“It’s really nice to meet you! I have always known you because you were Kyuhyun’s cellphone wallpaper before!” I happily replied.

“He told me that too. When he changed his wallpaper, I removed his face from my wallpaper too! But it’s okay! As long as he replaced my face with a worthy one.” She modestly replied.

“You two would get along just fine. I know it.” Kyuhyun interrupted.

“Kyuhyun, you should help Ryeowook back to bed. He’s really sick. He might faint.” Noona said in concern.

“Okay noona, you go and get the medicine and I’ll take care of my baby first.” Kyuhyun immediately said and he gently grabbed my hand to help me go back to bed.

When noona left the room, Kyuhyun started to panic.

“Wookie, are you fine? Do you feel dizzy? Does it hurt? Where? Tell me!” He said without breathing.

“Kyuhyun! I’m fine. I think I just need to rest. What about you? Are you fine? You don’t look so good too.” I was the one who was concerned now.

“Don’t worry about me. I’ll live. Do you want anything?” He asked.

“I’m fine. But can you please call my mom? She needs to know that I might not go home and go to school yet.” I asked a favor.

“Of course!” He said then he immediately grabbed the phone and dialed our home number.

“Hello? Mom, this is Kyuhyun.” Kyuhyun greeted her.

He was listening to my mother speak for a while.

“I’m happy too, Mom.” He smiled. “I called because Ryeowook and I are sick and we won’t be able to attend school today. And Wookie might not go home for the meantime.”

He was silent again.

“That would be nice, Mom! Thank you so much! Bye!” He ended the call.

“What did my mom say?” I asked in curiosity.

“She said not to worry about anything and she’s coming over to bring food.” He happily said.

“My mom’s coming over?” I asked.

“Yeah and she even said that she’s more than happy if you stayed for another night here.” He laughed.

“I can’t believe her. She’s practically selling me to you.” I sighed.

“What’s to sigh about that? You should be happy that she’s letting you spend your time here!” He said as he lied down beside me, removing the pillow that was separating us last night.

“It feels like she doesn’t want me to go home anymore.” I said and looked at him.

“Of course that’s not the reason!” He said as he looked at me too.

Now, are bodies were facing each other and our faces were only a few inches apart just like last night, minus the pillow separating us.

“Why are you staring at me?” I said softly.

“Am I not allowed to?” He asked.

“I never said that you were not allowed.” I replied.

“Then why are you even questioning me?” He answered back.

“This is my face, so I am entitled to ask why you are staring at it.” I firmly said.

“But you are mine, so practically, that face belongs to me too.” He replied smartly.

“My face belongs to you?” I asked in disbelief.

“Of course. Especially those seductive lips of yours. They’re my most prized possession!” He said with a great voice.

“You’re disgusting.” I laughed.

“Now, it’s time to give my most prized possession a prize.” He said out of the blue.

“What prize?” 

He leaned closer and he was about to kiss me but I immediately turned by whole body to the other side.

“Why are you refusing a beautiful prize?” He groaned.

“I can’t kiss you right now.” I said in utmost embarrassment. 

He wrapped his arms around my waist and he raised his head to see my face.

“Why can’t I kiss you now? Your lips are teasing me already!” He said with a voice trying to make me give in.

“I can’t.” I buried my face deeper on the pillow.

“Why?” He asked seriously.

“Because….” I can feel my cheeks turning red.

“Because?”

“Because I just woke up!” I reasoned out. I hope he gets it.

“And so?” He even asked more.

“You won’t like it if you kissed me right now!” I gave him another hint.

He was silent for a while then he finally figured it out.

“You are too cute!” He laughed. “I don’t care if you have morning breath!” 

“I do! It’s disgusting!” I cried out.

“Okay, okay!” His laugh was starting to fade. “But do you promise you will let me kiss you once you have brushed your teeth?” 

“Uhhh…okay.” I gave in.

“YES! My baby just agreed to kiss me! I’m a happy man!” He rejoiced.

Suddenly, someone walked inside the room.

“You guys are too cute!” Noona interrupted us.

“Were you eavesdropping on our conversation!?” Kyuhyun immediately stood up.

“So sorry little brother but I just can’t resist! You two are too gullible! I want to pinch your cheeks!” She said with a tiny voice.

“Noona! You can’t pinch Wookie’s cheeks! Like I told you, only mo—“ 

“Mommy and Kyuhyunnie can do it! I know, I know.” Noona shook her head and she laughed. Wow, she even knew that? Does Kyuhyun really tell everything about me to her sister?

“Noona! Ryeowook’s mom will be coming over to bring food and Wookie’s stuff. Can you call her and tell her the directions how to go here?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Sure! But first, you two drink medicine.” She handed each of us a tablet and a glass of water.

We both drank it and lied down.

“You two get a good rest, okay? I’ll be back once in a while to check on your temperatures.” She said then she left the room.

“I hate being sick.” I admitted.

“Who wants to be sick? But in today’s case, I have to admit that I love to be sick since I’m sick with you.” Kyuhyun said.

“Trying to swoon me again, are you?” I asked with my eyebrows raised.

“Why? Is it working?” He smiled.

“Not even a bit.” I laughed.

“You are playing too hard to get.” He sighed.

“Speaking of that, when are you gonna officially court me?” I asked.

“Let me ask you first, what do you expect from me courting you? Do you want me to serenade you in front of the whole school? Do you want me to give you gifts every day?” He asked.

“I’ve seen that stuff in dramas. It’s starting to get old already. Plus, that wouldn’t challenge you anymore. Why don’t you be innovative and come up with new ways of courting?” I suggested.

“I can manage that. But first.” He stood up and got something out of the cabinet from his study table.

“What are you holding?” I sat up.

He went back to bed, sitting, and he held my hand.

“I know this is common but please understand me because I have never done this seriously in my whole life.” He sounded nervous. 

“What is it?” I said sincerely.

He showed me what he was holding. It was the coupons he stole from Yesung.

“I know I’ve got hold of these coupons in a wrong way and I know it wasn’t meant for me but I still got to ask, right? So here it goes, please don’t laugh.” He tried so hard to say.

“I won’t laugh at you. I promise.” I said with a smile and I placed my hand on his cheek.

“Thanks.” He simply said.

“Go on.” I encouraged him.

“I know that this is the lamest thing ever and I know you’ve seen this too much in dramas, but I want you to understand that I have never asked someone this question seriously. So here it is, will you go on a date with me?” He closed his eyes like a kid who has seen a ghost as he said asked the question.

“I know you have something more to say. Go on. I won’t bite you.” I really wanted to cry because of his sweetness and cuteness.

“Like what I have said to you last night, I have never dated someone seriously. Just like you, this is my first time. I have never experienced asking someone out sincerely. I know that you’ve seen couples always going on a date in dramas and you might think that it’s lame but I’ve always wondered how it feels like. I’ve always wondered what couples do during a date cause I seriously don’t know. I might be a genius at everything but not at dating. So will you do me the favor and help me learn the concept of dating by saying yes to my request.” He took a deep breath and focused at me.

“I admit that couples going out on a date is the most common thing ever but when it’s coming from your lips, it doesn’t sound so common anymore. But, yes. I agree to go on a date with you and use the coupons that were originally for Yesung.” I laughed. “I’ll try my best to show you how it is done in the dramas. Let’s have a drama themed date, then.” I suggested.

“That’s a nice idea. I know for a fact that you are an expert in dramas.” He said with a smile.

“Not really an expert. I’ve just watched a lot of dramas. That’s all.” I said.

“No one can really make me happier. Since I met you, I think there was no day that my lips were curved into a frown.” He frowned. “I think I’ve never done this in a long time.” He continued to frown.

“Come here.” I said then he leaned closer.

I used my finger to turn his frown into a smile.

“See! I can never be sad when I’m with you.” He laughed.

“I hope so. I don’t want us to end up like the other couples who keep on fighting.” I admitted.

“I would never let that happen.” He said then he hugged me.

“Good cause if you did, you would never feel my arms wrapped around you anymore.” I said with a smile.

“I promise.” 

We stayed on the bed for the meantime while hugging each other until both of us fell into deep sleep.
________________________________________
_____________________________________________

YAY! I managed to update before the weekend starts :D It's still a little early :D

To anyone who is reading this and is living in the Philippines, I want to share my joy to you because I just got accepted in De La Salle University! To those who are curious, it's one of the colleges here in the Philippines. Seriously, I cried and cried because of happiness. It's my dream school and I feel honored and thankful to God that I am one of the lucky applicants who got in! I'm just really happy! I hope you understand why I needed to mention this :D

HOPE YOU ALL LIKE IT! :D THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING! :D