The Diary of a Lost Fan Boy- Chapter 11

The Diary of a Lost Fan Boy

Chapter 11

“Thanks for taking me home.” I said to him plainly.

“It’s nothing! After all, it’s already my obligation.” He said while raising his eyebrows.

We were already in front of the gate of my house, the box of chocolate cake in my hands and his car waiting by the side of the road.

“It’s not your obligation! I can perfectly go home on my own!” I replied bravely.

“I know that! But I don’t want to take the risk of you getting hurt when I am able to help you. Plus, there are too many rapists on the streets now.” He said with a watchful eye as he looked around our street.

“There are no rapists here! And I’m a boy! How can I be ?!” I asked him in disbelief.

“Because you can pass off as a girl! One look at you and the guys will think that you’re a girl in men’s clothes!” He pinched my cheek.

“I…don’t….look….like…..a…..GIRL!!” I shouted so that he can realize the emphasis on my words. You can call me anything that you like but just don’t say that I look like a girl! I get that comment so many times that it starts to get on my nerves. 

“You….are….a….girl….for….ME!” He shouted back then he laughed. How dare he imitate me when I’m burning with fury?!

Suddenly, the porch lights by the gate and the front door of my house . I heard the door creak and saw that my mother was heading towards the gate.

“Ryeowookie, is that you?! Why are you shouting that you’re not a girl?!” My mom asked me with her eyes half open, trying to see if it was really me.

Kyuhyun tried to keep his laughter but he just exploded. 

My mom opened the gate and saw that I was with another person.

“Omo, and who is this, my baby girl?” My mom teased me even more. Why do I feel that Kyuhyun might be my mom’s real son and not me?! It’s in their system to always tease me!

“MOM! I AM NOT YOUR BABY GIRL, OKAY?! How many times have I told you that!?” I whined.

“I was only kidding, Wookie! Anyway, who is this friend of yours?” She asked as she eyed Kyuhyun with satisfaction. After she looked at Kyuhyun from head to toe, she glanced at me and winked at me. What the hell?!

“Mom this is Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun this is my mom.” I simply said.

“Good evening, Mrs. Kim!” Kyuhyun politely said and he bowed down.

“Such a handsome and respectful young man! Are you Wookie’s classmate?” My mom asked him.

“Yes, we are!” He enthusiastically said.

“Ahhh so you’re the friend that Hyukjae’s talking about! How was your date? Was it successful?” My mom asked him without hesitation.

“Mom! What are you talking about?! It wasn’t a date!!” I said in defense.

“Yes it was!” Kyuhyun replied.

“This fine young man said it was a date, Wookie! You don’t have to be shy!” She said then lightly slapped my shoulder.

“Oh! Mrs. Kim! I bought something for your family to eat tonight! It’s chocolate cake since Ryeowookie here told me that you and his father love chocolate cake!” He said like he was a filial child.

“Oh thank you so much, Kyuhyunnie! Wait!! Oh! Oh! Wookie!! Is he the Kyuhyunnie that talked to you on the phone?!” My mom was suddenly excited.

“Yes, that was me!” Kyuhyun replied before I could.

“Fine choice, Wookie. Very……fine!! Indeed!” My mom said then she winked at Kyuhyun.

“Mom, just stop it!” I said to her. 

“Okay, okay! But wait, now that I have taken a closer look at this fine young man, I realize that I have already seen him from somewhere before.” She eyed Kyuhyun, trying to remember where she saw him.

“I’m sure you have seen him, mom.” I replied.

“Really? Or are you sarcastic?” She asked.

“No, mom. I’m sure that half of our country has seen him already.” I said.

“Oh Wookie, thanks for the compliment!” Kyuhyun said.

“How is that even a compliment?” I asked him with one of my eyebrows raised.

“Because you just complimented my popularity!” He replied enthusiastically.

“Wait, I don’t get a thing.” My mom suddenly interrupted our session of answering back to each other.

“Let me refresh your memory, Mrs. Kim!” Kyuhyun happily said then in a second, he started to sing.

After singing a few lines, my mom’s eyes widened and she started to point at Kyuhyun multiple times.

“It’s……it’s…….the voice…….that face…….you….IT’S YOU!!!” My mom suddenly screamed.

“Yes it’s me!” Kyuhyun shouted with her.

“You’re that Kyuhyun?!! CHO KYUHYUN?!” My mom asked him in disbelief.

“It depends, maybe you know more than one Kyuhyun?” Kyuhyun answered.

“It’s him, mom! The singer you watch on television.” I replied with the least bit of interest.

“WOOKIE! How come you didn’t tell me that you’re dating an IDOL STAR?!” My mom suddenly slapped my back.

“I’m not dating him, mom!!!” I said.

“You are a singing god! I hope you can grace us with your presence in any family event and sing for us all! Our family loves ballad songs so much!” My mom said to Kyuhyun.

“Oh thank you so much, Mrs. Kim! I’d be delighted to do that! Just let Ryeowook tell me if there is any!” He replied happily.

All of a sudden, I remembered a call from my cousin last week. She’s getting married and she desperately needed a band that will perform songs for her reception. Fortunately, my mom has some connections and she helped my cousin with that problem of hers. I don’t know why, but I somehow wished that Kyuhyun can just be the one who will sing on the reception. It would be a tiring and boring day for me and I’m sure that I will long for his entertainment also known as teasing me. Almost all of my other cousins are kids and whenever there will be a family gathering, I’ll be the one in charge of playing with them so they won’t get too bratty and they won’t disturb the older relatives.

“One relative of ours is getting married next week and I already hired a band! If I knew that Wookie has such friend, I would just have asked you.” My mom said and she ended with a sigh.

“Mom, you can still ask him to sing. Two or three songs will do, right? I mean it’s for the wedding! I’m sure that they will appreciate it if someone like Kyuhyun can get to sing at their wedding.” I didn’t know where I got the courage to say it but I guess I just wanted to throw hints at him. 

Kyuhyun’s eyes suddenly opened wide and he stared at me like I said something wrong.

“That’s a good idea, Wookie! Kyuhyun can entertain the guests and at the same time, he can keep you company! He can play with the little ones too! Oh! It’s a win-win situation!” My mom suddenly clapped in a fast pace.

“I would love to do it! I don’t have any objections! And if I have any schedule that day, I would immediately ask my manager to cancel it all!” He excitedly said.

“That’s good, then! Oh!! I’m so excited! I’m sure everyone will be delighted about this!” My mom held Kyuhyun’s hand and she kept shaking it.

Hands off, mom! The person you’re holding is mine. Wait, why did I just say that to myself? 

“Ryeowook! Don’t be such a jealous boy! I’m just expressing my gratitude and excitement towards Kyuhyun!” My mom’s sudden statement surprised me.

“Huh?” I was confused.

“Well, when I held Kyuhyun’s hands, your eyes suddenly turned dark and you looked at me like I’m a thief stealing something from you.” My mom said.

“No I wasn’t!!” I said defensively.

“Whatever you say!” My mom just said.

“I’m sorry, Mrs. Kim, but I need to go now. I still have recording for tonight.” Kyuhyun politely said.

“Oh such a pity! I was about to invite you inside and eat dinner with us! Can’t you eat with us for a while?” My mom still asked.

“That would be great but I really have to go. If I don’t show up there on time, my manager would kill me and the president of my agency will scold me for sure.” Kyuhyun sadly said.

“You’re so young yet your life is so busy and stressful! Take care of your health, okay?! If you feel seeing me again, you can just come by anytime and I’ll ask my husband to cook for you! Wookie can cook for you too!” My mom said.

“Wookie cooks?” Kyuhyun looked at me with those eyes that make any person go crazy or is it just me?

“The best! Hasn’t he told you?! In our family, it’s always the man that cooks the best.” My mom said while raising her eyebrows.

“That’s interesting! You should cook for me my cute li—Ryeowook!” He almost said my long nickname in front of my mom! I just hope that my mom doesn’t get the idea of the shirt that he’s wearing.

“Yeah, he should! Oh! You’ll be late! I don’t want to be the reason for your tardiness! Go and do a good job!” My mom encouraged him.

“Thank you so much, Mrs. Kim! I’ll go now!” Kyuhyun said then he went inside the car. He immediately rolled down the window.

“Goodbye, Wookie!” He said.

“Oh! I’m such a slow one! I should be going inside now and giving you guys some alone time! So sorry!” My mom immediately ran inside the house.

“Your mom is really cool. I like her!” Kyuhyun said.

“Yeah, she’s the best mom in the world but she can be irritating sometimes, just like now.” I said.

“What are you talking about!? She was so nice! Anyway, I’ll go now! Care to give me a good luck kiss or a goodbye kiss?” Kyuhyun said with that deadly smirk.

“Just leave, okay!” I said while rolling my eyes.

“Still being feisty, huh? When will you just give in?!” He said.

“Can’t you just at least enjoy that I’m still talking to you right now?” I asked.

“Good point.” He said like he was talking to himself. I don’t know why but I find his reaction as cute.

“Leave already!!” I said.

“Okay, okay! Bye my cute little blushing Kim Ryeowook! Sweet dreams!” He said then the car left.

As I watched the car turn right at the curve, I blew a flying kiss towards the car.

“Take care.” I said to myself.

Then the car disappeared.
________________________________________
____________________________________________

After the endless harassing of my mom and dad, they finally let me be and go upstairs to rest.

I took a shower, did my homework then settled down on my bed. What a day! That’s all I can say. I touched my lips, remembering all the things that happened today. The kisses, the hugs and the other moments that happened, it will forever be carved on my memory.

As I was reminiscing through the wonderful memories, my phone suddenly rang. It was a text message from Kyuhyun.

Wookie-ah, are you sure that you’re really the Kim Ryeowook that I know? While having that little chat with your mom, you suddenly recommended that I sing at your relative’s wedding! You! The person that I know that would grab every opportunity to be away from me! 

And what surprises me the most is your flying kiss! You thought I didn’t see it? *insert my evil smirk here* Well, I did and I love it! If you wanted to kiss me, why didn’t you just do it?! But it’s okay since flying kisses are your thing. Cute people do that. But the real kissing has to be done by me. The evil and aggressive one.

I just can’t believe it.


Oh God! He saw my flying kiss? Kill me.

I decided to reply to his text message.

Who said that I would want to grab every opportunity to be away from you?

I wanted to and give him a little taste of what I really feel.

My phone rang again.

Okay! It’s confirmed! You’re not my Kim Ryeowook!

I replied.

I’m not really “your” Kim Ryeowook because I’m not your property!”

He replied.

Now that’s the Ryeowook that I know.

I decided that I should not reply anymore. Texting him like this makes me think that I’m starting to turn into a flirt. Well, why should I even worry when I know for a fact that I like him?
________________________________________
_____________________________________________

“I didn’t know that this would be a small gathering only.” My mom whispered to me.

We were at the church and the wedding ceremony will start any minute now.

“Don’t you like it? It would be more intimate.” I whispered back to her.

“I know but it’s a wedding! If it were you getting married, I would want a grand wedding! You only get married once, well, hopefully only once and I hope you get married with Ky—“ My mom was cut off when the piano suddenly played and the church doors opened for the bride.

Even though my mom didn’t finish her sentence, I already know that name she was going to mention.

Kyuhyun.
________________________________________
____________________________________________

After the ceremony, we immediately headed to the reception and it was held at a hotel. 

My mom and dad were already inside because I went to the restroom before I decided to go in. When I was about to walk in the doors, someone slid a hand around my arm.

“Miss me?” Kyuhyun whispered in a low and y voice.

I stopped walking and I flashed him my shocked facial expression.

“Not even a bit!” I replied back. His arm was still clinging onto mine and I didn’t even bother to be released from it.

“Come on! This week was so hectic for me that I only got to go to class once! How can you not miss me?” He said in a ‘bad boy’ way of talking.

“Then I guess you have to work harder to make me miss you.” I said boastfully.

When we opened the doors, our arms automatically released each other and we headed to our table. In a table, there would be 8 people seated. In my table, I’m seated next to Kyuhyun and the 6 remaining seats were for my kid relatives. The oldest among them is only 8 and the youngest is 5! I’m just glad that Kyuhyun can help me tame these kids.

As we sat down, my relatives started to eye Kyuhyun and all he can do is smile at every person that looks at him.

“Sorry about this.” I said.

“Don’t worry! This is your family and it’s only a small group of people! Plus, it would be nice if I get to know all your close relatives now.” He said, still smiling at the people looking at him suspiciously.

“Why do you need to know them?” I asked.

“Wookie, look at these kids seating with us.” Kyuhyun seriously said.

“And?” I replied.

“In the future, I might give you these much babies! So I better start getting to know your family now.” He said then he laughed softly.

“Not funny.” I said. Deep inside, I was laughing and blushing at the same time.

“Can I have everyone’s attention please?” My cousin’s voice suddenly interrupted everyone’s talking and all the attention was directed towards her.

“First of all, I would like to thank all of you for coming! I know that I only invited a small number of people but what matters to me is that this ceremony is celebrated with the people dearest to my heart. Anyway, I’ll do a speech later but for now let me give the floor to someone else because she will introduce one special guest tonight.” My cousin left the microphone stand and my mother suddenly replaced her position.

“Good evening everyone! In order to feel the love of the newlyweds for each other, I invited someone to sing for us tonight! His voice will surely sweep you off your feet and make your hearts melt! Everyone, please welcome Cho Kyuhyun!” My mom said.

Everyone clapped their hands and Kyuhyun stood from his chair beside mine. 

“Good evening everyone! I’m Cho Kyuhyun! I want to say congratulations to the newlyweds and I hope that your married life will forever prosper and be happy! I was given the honor to sing tonight thanks to Mrs. Kim and of course, Kim Ryeowook.” When he said my name, all eyes were on me and all I can do was smile awkwardly.

“I am a classmate of Kim Ryeowook but now I am happy to say that we have passed that phase already.”

What’s he saying?

“I would like to take this chance and announce that I am dating Kim Ryeowook! I promise that I will take care of him! I consider him as my life and I hope that you would all give your blessings to us.”

All of my relatives were gawking at me like I was a person. 

One by one, my relatives started to clap and some even shouted “You go, Wookie!” for everyone to hear. Oh God! Cho Kyuhyun, you’re dead!

“Thank you so much!!” He happily said. “Now as a little gift for the newlyweds, I prepared two songs! I hope the newlyweds can bless us and we will take it as a sign of you guys wishing us love that will last forever.” He finished his sentence by directly smiling at me.

My cousin looked at me and mouthed the word “Congratulations.” 

Kyuhyun started singing and everyone’s attention was directed towards him.

My little cousin, who was sitting right next to me, poked my hand.

“Ooooooohh! Cousin Ryeowook has a boyfriend!!” She teasingly said.

I smiled at her and shook her hair.

“I guess I do.” 
________________________________________
____________________________________________

HELLO EVERYONE! SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE! T_T

I’m not really in a good mood these days and I want to say sorry if ever this has affected my writing :| I tried my best to forget the bad mood while writing this! I hope you still like it! :D

THANKS FOR READING AND PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS :D