The Diary of a Lost Fan Boy- Chapter 8

The Diary of a Lost Fan Boy

Chapter 8


As I woke up, the sun has still not risen and I can feel the coldness stored in my body. I checked the watch pinned to my wall and saw that it was only 4:40 in the morning. To be honest, this would be the 5th time that I checked my watch. I wasn’t able to have a proper sleep last night because of a certain incident that happened. Thinking about it, it makes my toes curl and it makes me bury my face in my pillow while shrieking. It really happened, right? Please tell me that it was not a dream. 

I gave up and just went to my bathroom. I’ll just go to school early today. If I tried sleeping, I’ll just remember that deep soothing voice saying I love you and I’ll be all fluffy again. It’s not that I don’t like the feeling; it’s just that I don’t want to get sick of it. 
________________________________________
______________________________

So this is the feeling of being in love, huh? I definitely like this feeling. Every movement I make just reminds me of Cho Kyuhyun. When I took a bath a while ago, I asked myself if Kyuhyun was already awake. When I washed my face, I remembered our bathroom incident. When I took out my uniform from my closet, I wondered what he will wear today. When I looked at my phone, I wondered if he will really send me a text message. And the thing that I’m wondering the most right now: Will you ever think of me today while you’re not in school? Ugh, this is your entire fault Cho Kyuhyun! You made me think of you all the time! But I’ll not be easy on you, remember that.

I went downstairs, making sure that I will not fall again. As I landed in our living room, my mom was the only one who was awake and she was keeping herself busy by cooking breakfast and drinking coffee at the same time. 

“Good morning, mom!” I happily said.

Her back was facing me and I saw that she jumped a little.

“Omo, Wookie! What are you doing in your school uniform this early?” My mom asked in confusion.

“I wasn’t able to sleep properly and I keep waking up so I just decided to go to school early today.” I reasoned out.

She gave me the I-know-something look.

“As expected.” My mom said softly with a smile and continued cooking.

“What do you mean, mom?” I asked, confused.

“I mean who would be able to sleep properly if their boyfriend called and ended the call late at night?” She said then gave me a teasing look with raised eyebrows.

“Mom!! He’s not my boyfriend, okay?! He’s just a classmate!!” I tried to convince her.

“You were all oh Kyuhyunnie!! last night and now you’re telling me that you’re not dating him?! You think that I was going to buy that trick of yours? I bet you did that just to make me think that he’s just a classmate.” She said while setting the table.

Am I really that transparent?! Why does everybody have to see through me?!

“Mom!! You can even ask him! He’s not my boyfriend, okay?! And how do you even know that we ended talking late last night? Were you spying on me?” I flashed her my shocked expression, trying to be cute.

“Omo, Wookie! So cute! But, I wasn’t spying on you! I was just a mere observer! Mothers know everything!” She said while we both ate breakfast.

“Okay, mom. Whatever you say!” Then we both laughed.

After I finished eating my breakfast, I made my way to the door. I looked at the watch at our living room and saw that it was only 6:00 in the morning. I was definitely early. 
________________________________________
_______________________________

When I entered the school gate, I only saw a few people. The sun was still not shining that much that’s why the air was still bringing in a cool breeze. I really love this time of the day when everything is still quiet and the weather is just right. 

As I was walking to the school doors, watching my steps, I lifted my head and saw a sleek black car waiting by the doors. I stopped walking, trying to remember where I saw that same car before. While trying to figure it out, a man in a plain white v-neck shirt, jeans and black leather casual shoes made his way to the car and opened the backseat door. I looked closer to see who that guy was and to my surprise, it was Cho Kyuhyun. 

That was weird. What was he doing here at this time of the day? I hid behind the tree beside me as I saw the car about to pass by me. I didn’t know why I did it but my instincts just told me to do it. I watched the car leave the school then I walked towards the school doors. I passed by my classroom and saw that Yesung was already there, he was always early. Before going inside, I first went to my locker to get my books. I unlocked my lock by entering the code and a paper fell from the inside. I picked it up and saw that it was a note again.

Good Mornning Kim Ryeowook!

Did you sleep well last night? Well, I bet you did! Anyway, don’t forget that you have a choir practice later! Did you bring your music sheets? The teacher said that you will have a special guest that will mentor all of you today. Isn’t that fun?! I wonder who will be your guest for today. I bet that person is the best out there. 

Did you see the box? Open it! I hope you’ll like it! I had that especially made.

Always by your side,
The man with the killer voice


A box? I looked inside my locker and saw a little sky blue box with a royal blue ribbon was resting on top of my books. What did Yesung give me this time?

I opened the box and I saw the cutest thing! It was a little white bunny cellphone charm with a bit of pink on its ears! My favorite animal!! I immediately got it out of the box and attached it to my phone. Now my phone looks elegant and cute even though the screen already has a crack. When I saw the crack, I suddenly remembered Kyuhyun again! Oh love, how can you make a crazy person out of me?

I closed my locker after getting my books and headed for my classroom. When I entered, I saw that Yesung has a worried expression on his face. I went to him and tried to ask what happened.

“Yesung? What happened?” I asked.

“Wookie-ah! You’re here?! Omo, what should I do?!” He panicked.

“Yesung! Calm down! What exactly happened?” I asked calmly. 

“Wookie forgive me!! I didn’t know what happened? I just had lunch then when I came back, it was not here anymore!” He explained.

“What was not here anymore?” I was not getting his story.

“The coupon you gave me!! I lost it!!” He was about to cry and I felt like I’m the one who’s at fault here. I wish I just didn’t know that Kyuhyun stole it so that I won’t feel guilty right now.

“It’s okay Yesungie!” I tried to encourage him.

“No! It is not okay! Now, I don’t have a date with you! I missed my chance!” I was really starting to explode because of guilt.

I suddenly remembered something.

“You still have a chance! Remember that day when I was about to cry and I said that I’ll go on a date with you on that day?” I remembered that day. Kyuhyun was really mad at me for no reason so I told Yesung that I’ll go on a date with him.

“Yes…” He said then slowly his face started to lighten up.

“Well, we didn’t have that date because I was sent to detention at that day. Why don’t we just have it today? I mean, it is Friday and we really don’t have anything major to do.”

“Are you kidding me?! Of course I would love to!!!! So let’s have the date after Choir practice then?” He asked me.

“Okay! About choir practice, who’s the guest?” I asked him since I know he’s the one who told me in the letter.

“I don’t really know. I just heard it from the others yesterday night. Some said that it was a guy and he’s a famous singer. Oh nice cellphone charm! It’s your animal, right?” Yesung noticed my phone which I was holding onto. 

“Yeah! Bunnies are definitely my favorite. Anyway, I’ll just sit down first. See you later.” I said then went to my place. 

I sat down and just took out a book that I was reading. School definitely feels boring and the classroom seems spacious when he’s not around. 
________________________________________
___________________________________

It was lunch time and Hyukjae was with me at our usual spot. I was telling him the marvelous night that I had.

“WHAT?!! HE SAID THAT!?” Hyukjae was in awe. He was obviously happy because he was smiling like an idiot.

“Yeah….he did…” I shyly replied with my head bent down.

“RYEOWOOK-AH!! Let’s celebrate!! Omo! You’re so cute when you’re in love, my best friend!!” He was standing up and pulling me. After a few seconds, I realized that I was jumping with him because of joy. Hyukjae hugged me once in a while and he was pinching my cheeks too!

“Hyukjae! Calm down!” I tried to make him sit down.

“Wookie! You can’t just calm down! The guy that you like also likes you! You should be happy!! And how come you’re the first one to have a love life between the both of us when obviously I’m the one who knows more about relationships?! And you’re the one who doesn’t even bother to have one?!” He suddenly exploded.

“Don’t ask me! I don’t hold my fate! Don’t worry, you’ll find yours! You might never know that Donghae is your true love!” I was just trying to make him laugh but he just smiled awkwardly. 

“What’s wrong, Hyukjae?” I asked.

“Nothing!!! Where were we?” He panicked. He was definitely lying. I know how my best friend acts. When he’s lying, he’ll immediately panic and he will try to change the topic.

“Hyukjae, I’m your best friend and you can’t lie to me. Why did you suddenly became like that when I said Donghae?” I asked seriously.

Hyukjae was breathing simultaneously and it was like he was going to burst.

“Okay fine!!! You caught me!! But please, forgive me if I wasn’t honest to you this whole time!” He said it all in one second with his eyes closed.

“Hyukjae!! What is it!? Tell me!” I said then shook his body.

“I…..I…..I…… Donghae and I are contacting each other!” He said then buried his face in his palms.

Wait, what? Did he just say that? 

“You’re friends with Donghae?!” I asked him. I pulled his face up from his hands.

“Yeah…. and we are sending text messages to each other almost every second.” He was starting to smile. 

“Ya!! Why didn’t you tell me!? We could have celebrated your happiness together! You always tell me everything about Donghae but why did you leave this out!! Wait, before anything else, how did you manage to keep in touch with him?!” I asked him.

“Well, it is all thanks to your Cho Kyuhyun!” He said.

“He’s not mine! And how did Kyuhyun get into this?” I asked.

“It all started when Kyuhyun asked me questions about you behind your back. After Donghae’s concert, he asked me a lot of your interests. 2 nights ago I even remembered him asking me what your favorite animal is. He said he’ll give you something related to it. Anyway, he said that he will give me something in return if I answer all of his questions. To my surprise, he said that Donghae was interested to get to know me more after I met him at the concert. Kyuhyun said that he gave my number to Donghae and that’s the thing he gave to me in return.” He was grinning every time he mentioned Donghae’s name but it was not their story that caught my attention.

“I’m so happy for you Hyukjae but can you please back up a little. Kyuhyun asked you what my favorite animal was? And he also told you that he will give me something related to it?!” I asked Hyukjae slowly.

“Yeah, why? He gave that cellphone charm, right? I didn’t ask anymore since I assumed that it’s from Kyuhyun.” He explained by casually eating an apple.

“Hyukjae… this was not from Kyuhyun… this was from my secret admirer… The guy that keeps on writing me notes on my locker….” I was talking to Hyukjae like I was telling a ghost story.

“Wait, I thought Yesung was your admirer?” He suddenly stopped eating.

“I thought so too…. But it’s impossible that Kyuhyun is my secret admirer.” I said.

“Hold it! Let’s recall the days when you got the said notes.” He said then we started talking about that day when I received the tickets.
________________________________________
_____________________________________

You’ve got to be kidding me?! Kyuhyun’s my secret admirer!? The pieces fit together! The day I got the ticket, he was also early and he was sitting right next to me at the concert. When I got the medicine, he was with me when it happened. When I assumed that Yesung gave me those little gifts, he got mad at me. When I got the cellphone charm today, Kyuhyun passed by the school early today. It just happens that Yesung was there at the same time and at the same place. 

How can I be so dumb? I didn’t even think of Kyuhyun as the possible admirer. I was so shallow. 

Hyukjae and I had the most controversial lunch ever. Him admitting that Donghae has an interest on him was definitely the highlight! But discovering Kyuhyun as my secret admirer was a jaw dropper. 

We were heading back to our classroom when I suddenly remembered something.

“Hyukjae! What should I do?! Yesung and I have a date later on because all this time I thought he was my admirer! I’m not against it but it feels wrong that Yesung gets the benefit when obviously he’s not the one who should get it.” I explained.

“Wookie! Why did you have to do that?! But Yesung still has the coupon, right? Double treat for him then. I pity you.” He said then showed me his pouting face.

“About that coupon, he thinks he lost it.” I said.

“What do you mean by ‘he thinks’?”

“Well, let’s just say that I saw someone stole it from his bag.”

“And who might be this someone?” He said with a smirking face.

“Fine! I saw Kyuhyun get it but I just let him be!” 

“Wookie-ah! You’re definitely in love. I’m a proud best friend!”

We went inside our classroom and prepared for the next class. I sighed as I looked at the empty seat beside me.
________________________________________
______________________________________

At last, its choir practice! But I still have a date with Yesung later. Anyway, I’ll just enjoy singing first. Singing has been part of my life since I was born. If there’s one thing that I’m proud of, then it’s my singing skills and probably my piano skills as well. People at choir call me the “second” since I’m the second best at choir. Yesung being the first, of course. His voice was definitely the best voice that we I have heard. 

I went by my locker before I went to choir practice. When I entered the practice room, everyone was already seated and our instructor was standing beside the piano and a tall man standing beside him. Their backs were facing the door so I didn’t see who the guest was right away. When I shut the door close, everyone looked at me. I spotted Yesung who was sitting at the first row of chairs and he reserved a seat for me right beside him. 

I immediately bowed down to express my apology to my instructor and to the guest for being late.

“Good afternoon and I’m so sorry for being late.” I said as I bowed down. 

When I was standing again, my eyes got bigger as I saw who our guest was. He was definitely famous and he was definitely a good singer. I mean, it was Cho Kyuhyun, how can he not be famous and good?

“Kim Ryeowook, hello!” He said simply.

“You know each other?” Our instructor asked him.

“Yesung, Ryeowook and I are classmates.” He replied politely. 

“That’s good. Okay, Ryeowook , take your seat and let’s begin.” Our teacher said.

I took the seat beside Yesung and Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. It was an awkward seat. I was sitting right next to Yesung and Kyuhyun was directly right in front of me. 

“Okay class, as I was saying, Mr. Cho Kyuhyun needs a representative to sing a duet with him. It’s just for today so he could teach us this piece. So, who do you think can duet with Kyuhyun?”

I looked around and my choir mates started to say Yesung’s name.

“Yesung? You are our best singer.” Our instructor said. 

“I’m sorry but I can’t sing today. I have a sore throat and I just came here so I won’t miss anything.” Yesung explained.

I looked at Kyuhyun and he suddenly smiled and shook his head when Yesung finished talking. What a mean guy!

“So, who else?” Our teacher asked the class.

I looked around again and they started to say “the second guy” and “Ryeowook.”

“What?! No!” I told them.

“Actually, it will be nice if I sing with Ryeowook, sir.” Kyuhyun said to our instructor. “We already know each other and I’ve always been curious to hear Ryeowook sing.”

“Great! Ryeowook, get over here and sing with Kyuhyun!” My teacher said.

“No, sir. I don’t want…” I said trying to prevent Kyuhyun from hearing my singing voice.

“Come on! Don’t be shy anymore!” The teacher said.

“Yeah, Ryeowook! Come on!” Kyuhyun chimed in. 

I’m going to kill you, Cho Kyuhyun. 

I stood up and went to the piano where Kyuhyun was standing. We were far from the students so I had the time to scold him.

“Why the hell did you do that?!” I said, whispering.

“Missed me?” He said with a smirk.

“Dream on! Will you please just teach me the song so I this would be done. I want this to end already so I can go out with Yesung already.” I didn’t know why I mentioned Yesung. Was I even trying to make him jealous?

“You’re going out with Yesung?” He asked in a deep serious tone.

“Yes, why? Do you have any problems with that?” I asked him.

“Just wait and see.” He said then began to teach me the song quickly so we can let the others hear it already.

But wait, what does he mean by just wait and see?
________________________________________
______________________________________

After we sang the song together, I was surprised myself. Our voices blended and we have the perfect harmony. Even our instructor watched us with his mouth wide open. 

By the end of the practice, everyone was having fun and all of them wanted Kyuhyun as the mentor for the practice next week. Kyuhyun gladly accepted the offer and he said that he would be honored. 

I went to Yesung and he was fixing his bag.

“Wookie, wait for me, okay? I’ll just go to the comfort room.” Yesung said.

“Okay! I’ll be here!” I said then everyone left the practice room except for me and Kyuhyun.

“Date, huh?” He said.

“None of your business.” I said and I was not looking at him.

“It is now.” He said then I felt a hand grab my right hand. 

What the—Kyuhyun was pulling me towards the other door that no one often uses because it leads to the parking lot. 

“HEY! LEAVE ME ALONE! I STILL HAVE A DATE WITH YESUNG!” I said as I struggled.

“You won’t shut up, huh? You won’t stop saying Yesung’s name?!” He was angry as well.

“WHY? YOU DON’T LIKE IT!? THEN I DON’T CARE! YESUNG! YESUNG! YESUNG! YESUNG! YESUNG! YESU—“ I was teasing him by saying Yesung’s name again and again but I was cut off when he stopped walking and he faced me. Our faces where only a few inches apart and I can already feel his heavy breathing. I decided to continue so he would let me go.

“YESUNG! YESUNG! YESU—“ I was cut off again but this was different. When I said Yesung’s name again, he leaned closer and made my mouth stop by kissing me. His kiss was not just the normal kiss. It was like the kiss he gave me during the first day of school. 

When he stopped, he faced me and I just looked at the ground, trying to catch my breath from all the running, struggling, shouting and kissing.

“There! That’s enough to make you speechless.” He said then he made me go inside the backseat of his car. I was just staring at nothing the whole time and I wasn’t able to react anymore because of the sweet kiss that he gave me.
________________________________________
______________________________________

This chapter lacks KyuWook moments since Kyuhyun was not at school in the morning -.-

Thanks for reading everyone!! :D Hope you all leave comments :D