The Diary of a Lost Fan Boy- Chapter 15

The Diary of a Lost Fan Boy

Chapter 15

“Goooood afternoon once again my dear audience! I’m Lee Hyukjae and it looks like I’m gonna host the rest of the show alone! Everyone’s in for a great show this day as we have seen how things turned up a while ago! Instead of having 10 couples today, we have 11 couples due to a request of one of our very persistent students!” Hyukjae was standing on the stage alone and I feel bad for leaving him alone.

I was looking at him with a pout on my face but inside, I was cheering for him with all my heart.

“Why so sad, baby?” I felt a hand holding mine.

“Oh, Kyuhyun, you’re here.” I plainly said as I continued to watch Hyukjae from backstage.

“I’m always here, baby.” He smoothly said.

“Stop trying to sweet talk me.” I said.

“I was just trying to make you smile. What’s wrong?” He asked.

“Nothing. I just feel bad for not doing the hosting with Hyukjae. We haven’t bonded for a long time and yet I was taken away again. It’s always your fault why I don’t get to hang out with him anymore.” I said as I poked him.

“Don’t you think that participating in the games is more fun than hosting the show?” It was obvious from the tone of his voice that he was trying to cheer me up.

“It’s the quality time that I was gonna spend with Hyukjae is what I’m sad about. We were finally gonna do something fun together but YOU had to get in the way again!” I said then I pulled my hand away from his grip.

“Okay, okay, baby. I get what you’re saying. I admit that I do get in the way but I hope I can make it up to you. Why don’t I just treat you guys later after school? Will that be okay?” He said.

“If you’re there, then it won’t be a real bonding.” I replied.

“Why?” He asked.

“Because we might talk about things that no one besides us should hear.” I admitted.

He was silent for a while then he finally spoke.

“Ahhh, I get it. You would gossip about me so you don’t want me to be there, right?” He confidently said.

For a moment, my frustrations went away because of what he said.

“Don’t be so full of yourself, Kyuhyun. I just want to spend some alone time with my best friend. Is there anything wrong with that?” I sighed.

He placed his hand on my shoulder.

“I was just kidding, baby. Don’t worry, from now on I will make sure that you get to spend your time equally between me and Hyukjae since I know how important he is to you.” He sincerely said.

“Thank you so much for understanding.” I said.

“Of course, Wookie. There’s no one else that can understand you more than I do.” He said then he gave me a big warm hug.

When I felt his arms around me, I immediately wrapped my arms around him. It was like there’s a switch inside my body that automatically goes on when he hugs me.

“Let’s do our best, okay?” I surprised myself when I said this.

“I’m so sorry to say this but I’m surprised with your sudden change, Wookie. I know I was the one who wanted for you to act like this but it feels like a breath of fresh air. Ahhh, all my hard work has finally paid off, huh?” He seriously said while we were still hugging.

“Then should I just go back to the way I was before?” I said then I released him from my hug.

“NO!” He quickly said then he secured his arms around me and we were hugging each other once more.

“Good luck to us!” I encouraged.

“We don’t need luck, Wookie. Among all the couples we are at advantage since we are a real couple and they’re not.” He said.

“Real couple? Not yet! I haven’t even felt you courting me so I don’t think you deserve my approval at the moment.” I replied.

“But at least you have an open mind now! You are not embarrassed when we talk about courting and stuff. It looks like I’m falling in love with you more and more!” He happily said.

I was about to say something but we noticed that the other couples were starting to get ready to go up the stage.

I broke off the hug and started to fix myself.

“Okay, make this a worthwhile experience for me. I even had to give up my hosting job just to do this.” I said.

“Don’t worry, baby. I won’t disappoint you.” He said and we walked up the stage together.

“And now our final couple is here! Kim Ryeowook and Cho Kyuhyun! Aren’t they cute?” Hyukjae said. Not that I’m bragging or anything but I noticed that the screams and cheers of the audience were louder when Kyuhyun and I walked up the stage hand in hand.

“I see that there are already many fans of the Ryeowook-Kyuhyun couple!” Hyukjae added.

“Now that our couples are already here on the stage we shall already start with our games!” People started to howl.

“For today we will have a total of 3 games! In the first game, only 3 would remain and the 8 would be eliminated based on the results of our first game! Then another couple will be eliminated in the second battle until only two couples will battle it out in the third game! Of course, the couple who will win will get the grand prize! The grand prize shall be revealed later!” Hyukjae explained.

“Why do I feel like we will be eliminated in the first game?” I whispered to Kyuhyun.

“Have some faith in us, baby!” He whispered back.

“Now, if the couples would take the seats designated for them, we could start already.” As Hyukjae said to take our seats, all of the couples on stage sat down and each couple was given a pen and a piece of paper.

“As you can see, each couple was given a piece of paper. For the first game, we shall test the knowledge of the couple!” Hyukjae explained.

“Oh no! I don’t like this.” I sighed.

“Wookie, have you forgotten who you’re with?” Kyuhyun said with a smirk.

“Oh, right. You’re the god of all the geniuses!” I happily said.

“Okay, I will say the question twice and you should write your answer on the paper then our staff would collect them. The top 3 couples that have the closest answer to the correct one would continue playing! Are you ready for the question?!” Hyukjae enthusiastically said.

The cheers got louder.

“Okay now the question!” Hyukjae opened the envelope with the question inside it. “Whoa! Who made this question?! It’s dumb luck if someone answers this correctly and exactly. Okay, listen carefully everyone! The average person has how many dreams per year? I repeat, the average person has how many dreams per year?! To make thing easier, the range is from 500 to 2000. Write your answers now! You will be given 30 seconds!” Hyukjae said.

What kind of question is that?! Who would know the exact answer to that?! I was panicking because I obviously had no idea what the answer was. I looked at the other couples and the look on their faces was the same as mine. I got overwhelmed with panic that I forgot to think of answer. I looked at Kyuhyun and he was just sitting coolly.

“Where’s the paper!? Come on, let’s just invent an answer since we don’t know the real answer!” I was half screaming.

“Seriously? You call that a question?! Even a preschooler would know the answer to that question!” Kyuhyun said.

“You know the answer?!” I asked in disbelief.

“It’s like common sense! It’s 1460! How can you not know that?!” Kyuhyun softly said so the other couples wouldn’t hear the answer. 

“Then I guess I have a pea brain or you’re just really that smart.” I answered back.

“No, baby. You’re an exception, of course.” He said.

“TIME’S UP!” Hyukjae shouted which startled me. “Now, the staff would collect your answers then we will announce the top 3 in a while.”

“Are you sure you answered correctly?” I asked again.

“Don’t worry about it. There’s nothing that I can’t answer.” He said.

“Really? Then let me ask you, when will the world end?” I asked confidently.

“The world will end by the time you stopped loving me.” He immediately answered. “See, I told you there’s nothing that I can’t answer.” 

I was dumbfounded.

“Okay, everyone! We have the results! I will now announce the top 3 winners!” Hyukjae broke the silence.

“In third place, couple number 8 got the spot with the answer of 1200!” Hyukjae said then the couple started to cheer.

“In second place, couple number 3! Their answer was 1356!” He said.

“And now for the first place! They got the correct and exact answer, 1460! Whoa! There’s no doubt about that! They’re the ultimate couple! Your favorite, couple number 11! KyuWook couple!!” Hyukjae was obviously biased. His voice was much more energetic when he said our names.

“Wow, we have a couple name.” I said to Kyuhyun.

“We deserve it! Besides, I like the sound of it. KyuWook!” He happily said then we both stood up.

“Now that only 3 couples are left, we shall now start with our second game! The girl will be given a piece of paper with a quotation written on it and they would be given only 10 seconds to memorize it! They will pass on the message to their partner and the guy should be able to say it completely with no mistake! In the case of our KyuWook couple, Ryeowook would be our girl!” Hyukjae said and the audience laughed.

“What?!” I said in disbelief.

“Don’t worry, baby. Don’t mind them. After all, you’re really the girl in our relationship!” Kyuhyun said then laughed.

“Ugh! I hate you Kyuhyun!” I said then made my way towards Hyukjae who was holding the 3 pieces of paper.

“Okay, girls! Uhhh, and Wookie. The three of you would be given the same quotation so don’t dare cheat later, okay?!” Hyukjae and the three of us were huddled in the corner of the stage. He started to hand out the paper.

“Okay, 10 seconds starts now!” He shouted and everyone from the audience started to cheer again.

I opened the paper and my mind was in a mess when I saw the content. How can I possible memorize this in 10 seconds?!

You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’ – Written by George Bernard Shaw (1925 Noble Prize for Literature)

“10 seconds are up! Now run to your partner and whisper to them the answer!” Hyukjae hurriedly said.

I ran to Kyuhyun and his face was so serious. What to do?! I can’t remember the whole phrase?!

“Wookie! Come on! Tell me!” He said at once when I reached him.

“Kyuhyun! I’m sorry! I can’t remember the whole thing! But I remember something about dreams! You say ‘Why?’ then you dream of never? Then you say ‘Why not?’ Oh God! I can’t remember! It was written by a George someone and he was a Nobel Prize winner? I’m sorry! I was pressured!” I said in a fast pace.

“Don’t worry, baby! I know the phrase! Don’t cry anymore!” He tensely said.

“I’m not crying!” I protested.

“Well it looks like you’re about too! Don’t cry okay?! I got this!” In a flash, Kyuhyun ran towards Hyukjae while another guy was starting to run towards Hyukjae too.

“Okay, Kyuhyun. You whisper your answer to me since you’re the first one.” Hyukjae said.

Kyuhyun whispered the answer to Hyukjae and Hyukjae just nodded.

The other guy whispered his answer too and Hyukjae nodded once again.

“Both couples got the correct answer! But Kyuhyun’s answer is the complete and detailed one. Why don’t you tell them the answer, Kyuhyun?” Hyukjae said.

“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’ by George Bernard Shaw the winner of the 1925 Nobel Prize for Literature.” He said with no effort.

Is Kyuhyun even human?! How can he possibly know that?! I didn’t even give him a phrase! Just bits of it! 

“Kyuhyun….that was….” I was in awe when he went back to me.

“I know, baby. It’s one of the few phrases that served as my inspiration when I was just starting out as a singer. How can I ever forget that line?” He said in a smug way.

“You’re a deep person, Kyuhyun.” I admitted.

“Yeah, deeply in love with you.” He said then he smirked.

“Kyuhyun, stop. You don’t know how cheesy that sounds. It’s gross.” I said then laughed. “I don’t fall easily for pick-up lines so don’t dare do it again.” I said.

“I thought it made me look cooler, I guess not.” He said.

“Now that we have only two couples left, we will start with the hardest game! If a while ago the knowledge, luck and memorization skills of our contestants were tested, we will now go for their hearts.” Hyukjae explained.

Hearts?

“In this final game, the guy and the girl would sit down facing each other and the guy has to shed tears!” The crowd went crazy.

“You’ll cry?!” I said to Kyuhyun.

“Even I don’t wanna do that.” He admitted.

“But wait, there’s more! The girl would have to make the guy cry by uttering words! Not by physically hurting him! The girl should make the guy cry by talking to them. It’s up to the girl what she will say to make him cry. The couple’s chemistry shall be tested here! The first one to cry will win the grand prize!” Hyukjae said.

We were already ushered to sit down and I was already facing Kyuhyun.

“Wookie, you can do this! Just say anything to make me cry! I’ll try my best to shed tears even though I don’t think I can.” It’s the first time I heard Kyuhyun this way.

“Are you losing your confidence?” I asked.

“A little.” He admitted.

“Don’t worry, Kyuhyun. I’ll make you cry for sure. Just trust me.” I firmly said.

“I do trust you. I know we will win.” He said seriously.

“The game starts….NOW!” Hyukjae signaled the start of the game and the crowd was surprisingly quiet.

I looked at the other couple and the girl was continuously saying things. What the hell am I gonna say to Kyuhyun?!

“Wookie! Focus! Look only at me!” Kyuhyun commanded.

I took a deep breath and looked intently at his eyes.

“How am I supposed to cry when I want to kiss you right now? You looking deeply in my eyes is heaven. This is not something I can cry about!” Kyuhyun said.

“I know, right?!” I replied without thinking.

“You agree with me?!” He peculiarly asked.

“Yeah. Why? Is it wrong for me to admit it?” I asked.

“No, baby. Just continue to admit and admit. But now, focus! Make me cry, baby!” He said in awe.

I’m panicking! I don’t know what to say!

“Oh…My…..God! Kyuhyun, I love Yesung! I loooooove him! I love him so much that I would die if I don’t see him even for a minute!” I said. Even I want to laugh with the things that I’m saying. 

He bowed down his head and immediately lifted it again.

“WOOKIE! YOU’RE NOT MAKING ME CRY! YOU’RE MAKING ME FURIOUS! YOU’RE MAKING ME WANT TO KILL SOMEONE RIGHT NOW!” He shouted.

“Okay! Okay! I just thought that anger might lead to tears!” My plan was definitely a failure.

“Do better, Wookie!” He said.

“Okay! Just think about this, what if you didn’t transfer to this school? What if you were placed in another class? You wouldn’t have met me, you wouldn’t have someone to tease, you wouldn’t have someone to kiss every day, you would have loved someone else and I might just continue to admire you from the shadows.” I sincerely said. I felt hot tears starting to well up in my eyes.

“Why am I the one who’s crying when you should be the one?!” I admitted.

“Just a little more, baby! It’s working! I can feel the tears!” He softly said.

“What would you do Kyuhyun if I said yes right now? I would say yes! Yes to us becoming an official couple?!” I said.

He started to deep breathily! Is it working!?

“Are you really gonna say yes?!” He said with a hopeful tone.

“Yes, Kyuhyun! I’m saying yes!” I shouted and stood up.

He stood up and hugged me. I felt it! I felt his tears falling on my shirt.

“Hyukjae! Kyuhyun’s crying! He’s crying! We won!!!!” I started to jump in joy.

“It looks like we really have a winner! KyuWook couple wins!!” Hyukjae shouted and he jumped with me and Kyuhyun. 

“YAY! You won! I knew it!” Hyukjae happily said.

“We did it, Wookie! We won!” Kyuhyun said to me.

Hyukjae left us to continue his hosting stint.

“Wookie, is that really true? Are you really saying yes?!” Kyuhyun asked once more.

I bowed down my head.

“Honestly, I just said that to make you cry.” I admitted.

“What?!” He asked in disbelief.

“But don’t be mad.” I said.

“Why?!” He asked.

“Because as of now, that’s the only answer in my head. I think I can answer only yes on the day that you will seriously ask me, I don’t think I can say no. Let’s just say that I’m waiting for the right time for us to become official.” I admitted.

“So you’re saying that we’re like an unofficial couple? We know deep in our hearts that we like each other but we just don’t say it face to face that we are really in a relationship officially?” He asked.

“Yes. You can say it in that way. We just don’t admit to ourselves that we are official. Let’s just keep things in that way for the moment, okay? Let’s not rush and let’s just enjoy what we are right now.” I said. 

“Wow, things are pretty complicated now.” He said.

“See, that’s what I’m trying to avoid. Complicated things. Let’s just stay as what we are right now and wait for what’s in store for us.” I replied.

“And what exactly are we right now?” He asked.

“You like me and I like you. That’s what we are.” I said then he smiled.

“Okay, I understand. I’ll still court you persistently so I can hear the word ‘yes’ from your lips. There’s nothing better than us being an official couple.” He said.

“Good. We should have a blast and an awesome time during the courting period because from what I’ve heard, it’s one of the sweetest times of a couple. I hope you won’t disappoint me.” I said.

“I promise I won’t.” He said.

We hugged each other tightly and received the grand prize, hand in hand.
________________________________________
____________________________________________

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! ^_^ Sorry for the late greeting! :D 

I hope you weren’t confused with the ending :) If you were, just ask me xD 

I hope everyone likes this chapter! Enjoy reading! I hope this can serve as my gift for all of you this Christmas season!

THANK YOU FOR READING! And please leave comments :D