The Diary of a Lost Fan Boy- Chapter 22

The Diary of a Lost Fan Boy

Chapter 22

“Hello.” As I opened my eyes, I saw a dazzling Kyuhyun beaming at me. We were still lying down and his face was only a few inches apart from mine. 

“Hi.” I awkwardly said as I felt myself blush. 

“So…” Kyuhyun stared at me, smiling.

“Hmmm….” I slowly nodded my head because I can’t think of anything to say.

“So, last night.” Kyuhyun started.

“Last night was…” I was trying to find the perfect word.

“Spectacular?” He suggested.

“Indeed.” I said.

I started to take in my surroundings and realized that we were on my bed and not on the floor anymore.

“When did we get here?” I asked.

“You don’t remember, do you?” He said.

“If I did, I wouldn’t be asking you right now.” I said.

“Last night, when you were fast asleep in my arms, I decided to carry you and place you on the bed. You looked so fragile and helpless. I couldn’t sleep last night right after what happened so I just waited for you to wake up.” He explained.

“Really? Thanks! The bed is much better than the floor. Maybe that’s why I slept comfortably.” I concluded.

“You’re mistaken. You wouldn’t let go of my hand that’s why you slept comfortably.” He said with a confident smile.

“That’s not true!” I defended myself even though I don’t know if what he’s saying is true or a lie.

“Really?” He asked in an assuring tone. “You might wanna look at your right hand.” 

I lifted the pillow that was hiding my right hand. To my surprise, my hand was still holding onto Kyuhyun’s left hand. 

I tried to let go but he squeezed it tighter.

“Kyu! My hand is numb! It hurts!” I almost shouted.

Suddenly, his eyes widened.

“You called me Kyu.” He shockingly said.

“Yeah. So what? Isn’t that your name?” I asked. 

“You always call me Kyuhyun. You never called me with just Kyu.” He was slowly smiling. 

“What’s the big deal?” He’s so weird.

“Kyuhyun and Kyu make a big difference! Oh I think I love you more!” He said then pulled me towards him for a tight hug.

“Kyu? You’re acting weird.” I breathed.

“You called me Kyu once more! It’s like your own nickname for me! I’ll never let anyone call me Kyu! It’s only for you!” He hugged me more tightly this time.

“Seriously?!”

“I am dead serious!”

I laughed lightly as I rolled my eyes in happiness.

“I think I should put the word Kyu in every sentence because…” I hesitated. “Because I want you to fall in love with me every second. If that’s what it takes for your love not to fade.” 

Kyuhyun suddenly released me from his warm hug and stared closely at my face.

“How can I ever stop loving you?” He asked lightly.

I smiled weakly then leaned my forehead on his. Our noses and lips were almost touching.

“Really? You won’t stop loving me?” I asked with a tone of sadness.

“Never.” He placed his hand on my back and pulled me closer to him, making our lips touch.

This time, we both responded to the kiss at the same time. He secured his arm around my waist as he pulled me closer and closer to him like there was no more space for breathing. All of a sudden, our kiss got a little more passionate as I started to lightly pull his tangled hair. We stopped kissing for a second to catch our breath and smile at each other then we went back to kissing again. 

“Wookie---“ My mom opened the door but she stopped when she saw what we were doing.

I immediately pushed Kyuhyun but the force I used was too much which made him fall flat on the floor while I grabbed the covers and hid under it.

“Ouch!” I heard Kyuhyun wince in pain after a thump on the floor was heard.

I’m so sorry, Kyu. I wanted so much to stand up and help him but mom was still by the door.

“Oh gosh! I’m sorry! Carry on!” My mom hurriedly said and closed the door.

I deeply sighed and started to fix my hair but I was still hiding under the covers. Slowly, Kyuhyun started to remove the covers on top of me.

“Come out, come out.” He said in a playful tone.

I immediately grabbed a pillow and buried my face on it.

“Why are you hiding, baby?” He asked.

I just shook my head.

“Oh don’t be shy.” He sat beside me, carefully placing his arm around my shoulder. 

I slowly looked up and released the pillow from my grip.

“Don’t worry. I bet your mom is more than glad. She was smiling at me when she left the room.” Kyuhyun said.

“Really?” I asked in a nervous tone.

“Yeah. I’m sure. You were hiding so you weren’t able to see. Your mom loves us that I think she would even pay to see us making out in front of her.” Kyuhyun joked.

“That’s not funny. It’s gross.” I looked at him with raised eyebrows.

“Now that you say it, it really is gross.” He laughed but I didn’t. 

He started to blow on my ear which made me feel ticklish. He used his hands to tickle different parts of my body.

“Kyu! Stop it!” I laughed mercilessly as he continued to torture me with his tickling hands. 

“Finally! A smile!” He rejoiced.

To our surprise, my mom came in bursting through door with a camera on her hand.

“Sorry, I just had to! I don’t want this moment to pass!” My mom was holding up the camera right in front of us and Kyuhyun just continued to tickle me. He started to kiss different parts of my face happily as my mom took a picture.

“KYU!” I yelled and tried to push him away from me.

“Thank you so much, Kyuhyun!” My mom shouted at him and she ran towards the door.

When she closed it, Kyuhyun stopped to finally laugh.

“That wasn’t funny, Kyu!” I said as I stood up. 

“At least now, we have a proof of our love!” He said.

“Still!” I tried to defend myself.

“Why are you so mad? You know your mom! Let her have the fun she wants!” Kyuhyun’s laugh started to fade.

I crossed my arms in front of my chest and just stood there glaring at him.

He sighed with a smile.

“Okay fine. I am sorry.” He gave up by standing up and walking towards me. He stood up behind me and slowly wrapped his arms around my waist. 

“Are you still mad?” He asked as he placed his cheek on mine, making our faces touch.

“Let me think.” I tried to play with him.

“You’re making me wait again.” We started to sway lightly.

“I thought you didn’t mind the waiting?” I asked.

“I didn’t but now that things have changed, making me wait for even one second won’t do.” He laughed lightly.

“You’re the one who made me wait!” I retorted.

“I made you wait?” He confusedly asked.

“Yes. I’ve been waiting for this kind of hug for months now. I really love it when you hug me from the back.” The tension from madness of my body was already gone.

“Then you should promise to call me Kyu from now on.” He made a deal.

“Sure. Why not, Kyu?” I said with a smile.

“Then I should always hug you from the back.” He concluded.

“Not always! I love the normal hugs too!” I corrected him.

“Fine!” He laughed. “Then I’ll hug you every way possible.” 

“That’s good.” 

I looked at the clock and realized that it was nearing afternoon already.

“Don’t you need to go somewhere?” I asked.

“You want me to go?” He asked, still not breaking away from the hug.

“Of course not. If only I can lock you up here, I would. But don’t you have a schedule?” 

“I can be your prisoner every time if you want.” He said in happiness.

“Well, since I said yes, that means that you’re already my personal prisoner. But be serious! You really don’t have a schedule?” I asked once more.

“What time is it?” He asked.

“Quarter to 1.” I replied.

He suddenly broke away from the hug.

“I have to go!” He hurriedly grabbed his clothes from last night and went inside the bathroom. “Can you check my phone?” 

I was about to sit down when I heard Kyuhyun’s request. “Sure!”

I grabbed his phone by the bedside table and saw that he has 15 missed calls from his manager.

“You better hurry up, Kyu. Your manager called for 15 times already.” I told him by the bathroom door.

“Oh God. He’s gonna kill me.” He came out of the bathroom wearing the tuxedo he was wearing last night.

I handed him his phone as he grabbed his car keys.

He went out of my bedroom and I was trailing behind him. Good thing mom and dad were still inside their room. It made us free from explaining ourselves.

When we were already outside of our gate, he stopped and looked at me.

“Sorry if I have to leave like this.” He said as he placed his hand on my cheek.

“I perfectly understand. Go already!” I pushed him towards his car.

“Promise you’ll watch me?” He asked.

“Watch you?” 

“Yeah. That’s why I need to go. I have to attend a variety show and I am their special guest today. It will air live later. Around 3 p.m. Watch me okay?” He said.

“Sure. What show is that?” I asked.

“Just watch.” He said then gave me a quick kiss on the lips. “I’ll be back soon then we can go out.” 

“I’ll be waiting.” I said and he was already starting the car. 

“I already miss you!” He shouted then the car left.

I miss you too.
________________________________________
_____________________________________________

“Hyukjae! You’re here!” The door to our house went open and Hyukjae came in.

“When you said you had gossip, I immediately left the house.” He said and took a seat on the couch beside me.

“Perfect! Kyu asked me to watch a show he’ll be in later. It will start in 30 minutes so I can still tell you the story.” I was delighted.

“Where’s your parents?” He asked.

“Oh they always leave on Saturday afternoons to date or go somewhere. I don’t know but it’s their thing.” I explained.

“Oh, right. I almost forgot. So what’s this show?” He asked.

“I don’t know too. It will air live at 3.” I said.

Suddenly, Hyukjae looked at me with a shocked expression.

“Why?”

“You don’t know what show that is?!” Hyukjae asked me in disbelief.

“Obviously not.” I replied.

“Wookie, it’s a match-making show. Every Saturday they’ll invite an idol star then there will be 3 mystery girls who are idol stars too. The girls will only be named after the guest has chosen the girl he likes.” Hyukjae explained.

“What? Are you kidding me?” I asked.

“It’s true! But don’t worry! Kyu loves you so much that he will only take the show as a joke.” He said as he stood up and made his way towards the kitchen to get some food.

He better be. 

“Oh and don’t call him Kyu. Call him Kyuhyun.” I said, remembering what Kyuhyun said.

“Why?” He asked.

“He doesn’t like it when others call him Kyu.” I lied but that’s partially true now.

“Weird. So what’s your gossip?” Hyukjae went back to the living room with a bag of chips and a 2 glasses of soda.

“Oh, right.” I took a deep breath. “It’s official.” 

Hyukjae, who was chewing, suddenly stopped and looked at me in awe.

“You guys are official?! You said yes!?” He tried so hard to say since his mouth was full of chips.

“Yes!”

“Tell me everything!” He moved closer to me.

I started to tell him the story from the moment we left school until what happened to us this morning.
________________________________________
_____________________________________________

“Now I am mad at Donghae!” He was furious.

“Why?”

“Because he didn’t invite me to that private idol gathering!” He crossed his arms.

“Maybe he’s scared that you will fall for other stars. Your Donghae is really protective.” I explained.

“But still! That’s an event I should be at! I’ll seriously have it with him later!” He was about to stand up but I pulled him back.

“Hey! The show’s starting!” I said. I turned up the volume and we both sat comfortably on the couch. 

After the host’s introduction, Kyuhyun appeared looking dashing as ever.

“Kyuhyun looks good.” Hyukjae randomly commented.

“I know.” I said as I ate the chips.

“Welcome to the show, Kyuhyun! It’s an honor for us to have you here!” The host said.

“Oh, it’s my pleasure to be here! I’ve never been on this show and I am glad that you wanted to have me as your guest!” Kyuhyun politely replied.

“Your man has manners.” Hyukjae casually said.

“That’s all fake.” I answered back.

“So, you know how this show goes, right?” The host asked.

“Of course! I always watch this every Saturday!” Kyuhyun happily replied.

“That’s one big joke.” I said.

“Great! Behind your right now are 3 doors labeled as A, B, and C. Inside of those doors are 3 different girl idol stars who said that they are interested in you.” The host winked.

“Hyukjae, you didn’t tell me about that. Those girls inside those doors like Kyuhyun!?” I asked in disbelief.

“I didn’t want you to know that. Like I told you, don’t worry! For sure he won’t show any interest in them!” Hyukjae tried to calm me.

“As all of our viewers know, we personally interviewed a few stars and ask if they are interested in our guest for the day. Gladly, many showed interest in Kyuhyun but we only picked the top 3 who we think are the best!”

I shot a death glare at Hyukjae.

He just covered his face with his hand.

“Let’s begin! You can take your seat now, Kyuhyun.” The host signaled him to the seat in the center.

“Thanks.” Kyuhyun said.

“Can I just call you Kyu instead? Kyuhyun is long for me.” The host scratched his head.

“Sure!” Kyuhyun happily agreed.

He just allowed him to call him Kyu.

“Wookie, I thought Kyuhyun said that you’re the only one who can call him Kyu?” Hyukjae nervously said as he remembered my story about Kyuhyun promising that only I can call him Kyu.

“I thought so too.” I was feeling angrier inside.

“For the first part of the show, we will ask each girl what they liked about Kyuhyun.”

“Great!” Kyuhyun clapped his hands.

“Our guest seems enthusiastic today! Great way to start the show! Now let’s hear from girl A.” 

“Hello, Kyuhyun oppa. How do you do?” The voice of the girl behind door A was heard.

“Hyukjae! Do you know who owns that voice!?” I immediately asked. 

“Sorry, Wookie. Those voices are edited. They make it sound different from the normal voice but I will definitely help you to figure out who the girls are.”

“I’m fine, thank you! How about you?” Kyuhyun asked.

“I am more than fine!” She giggled.

What a flirt.

“So what did you like about me?” He asked with a smile.

Hyukjae patted my back to calm me down.

“Oh, I don’t know where to start. You have too many good traits.”

“You’re too kind!”

“Well, it’s true. First, your voice is heaven sent. Every time I listen to it, I wish I was gifted with a beautiful voice too. Second, your handsomeness is one of a kind. I have never seen such a perfect face.”

“I’m sure you have a beautiful voice too. You’re an idol star!” Kyuhyun replied.

“You have to know who I am before you can say that.”

“Then maybe you’re a rapper from a group.” Kyuhyun assumed.

“Maybe.” The girl giggled again.

“Someone strangle that girl, please!!” I almost shouted.

“Calm down, Wookie! Remember that you are precious, fragile and you never liked violence!” Hyukjae reminded me.

“It’s only a show.” I repeated again and again. I tried to calm my fanboy spirits. 

“That’s the spirit!” Hyukjae encouraged me.

“Let’s now go to girl B!” The host knocked on door B.

“A pleasant day to you, oppa.” The girl shyly said.

“Wow! That’s the greatest greeting I got today!” Kyuhyun said.”

“Greatest greeting!? We made out this morning for crying out loud! When I woke up, I was holding your hand! How’s that for a greeting!?” I was shouting at the television screen.

“Fanboy! Tame yourself and calm down! It’s just a show!” Hyukjae tried.

“If Donghae was in Kyuhyun’s place, you wouldn’t calm down!” I reasoned out.

Hyukjae stared at me for a second.

“You’re right! I definitely know how you feel! KILL THAT !” Hyukjae suddenly stood up and so did I.

“I liked oppa for his simplicity and he’s always determined to achieve his goals. I admire sincerity and perseverance.” The girl simply said.

“You’re a shy and polite girl. I think I have a clue on who you are.”

“You’re smart too! I like smart people.”

“I think I really know who you are.” Kyuhyun nodded.

“I THINK I KNOW TOO!!” Hyukjae was jumping.

“Who?!” I asked quickly.

“I’m not sure but I think it’s Seohyun from Girls’ Generation! People always pair him up with Kyuhyun! And she’s a shy type of girl. From what I know, she’s just close friends with Kyuhyun so maybe they just placed her there to entice fans.” Hyukjae explained.

“I wasn’t worried about her anyway. She’s too kind. Kyuhyun wouldn’t like her.” I told Hyukjae.

“Wookie, you’re kind and Kyuhyun likes you.” He tried to put some logic in me.

“You’re right! Oh God! I thought I wouldn’t worry about her!”

“Girl B seems to be shy. Let’s now move on to girl C!” The host said.

“Hello, oppa. I’m so happy to finally have a show with you!”

“Really?! I’m glad too! So, why do you like me?”

“We have a common denominator, oppa!”

“And what is that?”

“I am a new member of a group! Which means were just both starting out. I look up to you because you’re a new star and you’re already successful! I have actually been your fan since the beginning.” The girl admitted.

“To tell you the truth, I have a weakness for fans.” Kyuhyun didn’t hesitate to say it.

“Now, that’s true! Oh God, Wookie! What if he picks this girl?! I bet this girl is just like you!” Hyukjae said.

“You don’t have any idea who is that?” I tried to ask.

“I’ve heard numerous girls from girl groups who are fans of Kyuhyun but this one is a new member of a group. I don’t know but only one name comes to mind.”

“Oh, Hyukjae! You’re really the guru of idol stars! Please tell me who is it!” I pleaded.

“Hyelim of Wonder Girls.”

“Now that we have heard what each of them have to say, we will now give Kyuhyun to have a proper conversation with each of them. We can finally hear how these girls can converse with Kyuhyun!” The host said.
________________________________________
____________________________________________

The show continued and it was time to announce Kyuhyun’s decision. The whole time Hyukjae and I watched the show, it feels like something is burning inside me.

I hate Kyuhyun for attending this kind of show. I know it’s only a show and it may not be real but the way he shows interest to these girls hurts me inside. The fact that hurts me the most is that he knows I’m watching. Why did he want me to watch this? Is he trying to make me jealous? Or does he want to rub it in my face that girls go loco for him? 

But I had to admit that I hate myself too. I am so childish for actually being mad at this. Kyuhyun is an idol star. It’s normal for him to be featured in these kinds of shows. I’m still new to this so I think it will take a little more time before I get used to this without me feeling hurt. Grow up, Wookie. Be mature.

I’m feeling really sad inside. I hope someone can just rip out my heart from my chest.

“Wookie, commercial break’s over! The show’s back on.” Hyukjae tapped my shoulder but he saw my weary face. 

“This is too sad for me.” I admitted.

“Now you know how I feel when Donghae’s not by my side. I don’t know if girls are throwing themselves at him or if he’s really faithful to me. I just hope I can stick my eyes to his back so I can see everything.” He comforted me. 

“Welcome back everyone! It’s now time to reveal Kyuhyun’s choice! Will it be the enthusiastic and initiative girl A or the delicate and shy girl B or the eager fan girl C?! Let’s now ask Kyuhyun.”

“First of all, I want to say thank you for inviting me to this exciting show. I’ve never been in a show this happy! Second, I want to tell these 3 girls that I admire them all for showing their interest towards me but I can only pick one and I think that this girl is the best one for me.”

“Who is it?! Everyone’s eager to know!!” 

“I pick…..” There was a drum roll. “Girl A!” 

Everyone in the crowd clapped their hands and shouted.

“Let’s reveal girl B and C first! Shall we? Girl B, please come out!”

The door B slowly opened and it revealed the girl. Hyukjae was right, it was Seohyun from Girls’ Generation. 

“Wookie, I told you I was right!” Hyukjae said.

“Seohyun?! But she’s one of my friends!” Kyuhyun stood up and hugged her.

“Don’t worry, oppa. I don’t like you. I just wanted to kid around with you.” They both laughed. 

“Girl C, it’s time to show yourself!” The host opened door C and it revealed Hyelim of Wonder Girls.

“Hello, oppa!” She greeted him then they exchanged hugs.

“Now, the moment everyone’s been waiting for! Who is girl A?!” 

The door slowly opened and it revealed a girl with red hair who was beaming at Kyuhyun.

“It’s Bora! From Sistar! I didn’t know she liked Kyuhyun.” Hyukjae said.

“Who’s she?!” I totally had no idea.

“Oh, she’s from a new girl group. Maybe that’s why you don’t know her.” Hyukjae explained.

“I had no idea!” Kyuhyun held onto Bora’s hand and gave her a peck on the cheek. Everyone in the audience went wild.

I saw Hyukjae look at me with pity as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

“It’s okay, Wookie. I’m sure he can explain himself.”

“If given a chance, would you want to go out with Bora?” The host asked a sensitive question.

“Of course! Bora is a really beautiful girl with a kind nature and I am sure we will have a good time together!” Kyuhyun immediately replied. 

“Thanks, Kyu oppa.” She said.

“She called her Kyu.” I sighed.

“She doesn’t know anything! Don’t hate Kyuhyun.” Hyukjae continued to calm me.

“Now that another couple was born, it is time that we hear from the viewers! What is your message to Bora and Kyu? Call us up now and you might just be the lucky one to have a talk with our couple!”

“Hyukjae, do you know the hotline of that show?” I asked.

“Yeah, do you want to call?” He asked, worried.

“Yes please. Do it quickly.” 

Hyukjae grabbed the phone and dialed the number. I wasn’t expecting for us to get in since I was sure that many fans of Kyuhyun are calling but eventually, I heard Hyukjae’s voice from the television.

“Hello?” The host asked.

“Yes, hello? My friend wants to pass on a message to Kyuhyun.” Hyukjae explained.

“Wait, Hyukjae, is that you?!” Kyuhyun asked. I saw his peculiar face on TV.

“Wookie?” Hyukjae handed me the phone. Unexpectedly, Kyuhyun heard my name.

“Wookie, you’re calling!?” He suddenly smiled happily.

I took the phone and spoke.

“Cho Kyuhyun.”

“Yes?” He happily replied.

“YOU ! No offense to you, Bora.” I added. “HAVE A HAPPY LIFE AND I HOPE YOU CAN FIND ME!” 

I dropped the phone on the floor and Hyukjae was calling out my name as I went for the door.

I bet Hyukjae didn’t expect that I’ll react this way because I surprised myself too. It was like my own body has a mind of its own. 

“Who is this ‘Wookie’?” I heard the host ask.

I looked at the TV screen and saw that Kyuhyun was shaking his head. 

With that, I stormed out of the house, only my cellular phone with me and I continued to walk even though I don’t have any idea where to go.

“Wookie! Wait!” I can hear Hyukjae’s voice but I just ignored it and started to run.

After running a few strides and was far enough from the house, I stopped as I heard my phone ring. When I took it out, I saw that Hyukjae sent me a text message.

Wookie! You better go back! Kyuhyun just announced on television for the whole country to see that he’s dating a man called Kim Ryeowook!
________________________________________
_____________________________________________

New update! I don’t know if you’ll like this one but for me, I think this is what they needed XD A break from being lovey dovey so that they can miss each other more XD 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING! :D PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS! :D