The Diary of a Lost Fan Boy- Chapter 1

The Diary of a Lost Fan Boy

Chapter 1

Hi everyone! My name is Kim Ryeowook and I’ am a lost fan boy. Are you wondering why did I give myself that title? All I can say is that you have to know my story from the beginning until the end in order to understand my own implication on “lost fan boy.” My life has been a roller coaster ride since he came into my life. So are you ready? Welcome to my world.

As I have said, I’ am Ryeowook and I’ve been turned into a fan boy ever since I saw this one particular superstar. I was never really a fan of different stars because I originally thought that being a hardcore fan is only a waste of time and effort since the chance of a fan to get noticed by a star is about 0.5%. I’ am not saying that fans are shallow and naïve, I’m just saying that it’s not my kind of thing. 

I have a best friend and his name is Eunhyuk. He prefers to be called Eunhyuk even though his real name is Lee Hyukjae but I always call him by Hyukjae. So, Hyukjae has been a fan boy since I don’t know when. He would tell me inside stories on the different stars and I would just listen to him and act like that I’m actually listening. He’s my best friend and I really love him so I won’t do anything to upset him. He has been with me through my ups and downs. He is a true friend.

One day, we were already out of school so Hyukjae and I decided to just stroll around. We didn’t stress about our homework yet because it was still the first week of school. Hyukjae was browsing through magazines inside a book store so I did the same so that I won’t look alone. While scanning through the magazine, I saw this new star who just debut. I was mesmerized and astonished when I first saw his face on a page of a magazine. Hyukjae went up to me and showed me the magazine he was reading.

“Ryeowook-ah! Look at this! It’s Donghae! My favorite artist! It says here that he’s been linked to another girl! This can’t happen! Lee Donghae is mine!” Hyukjae couldn’t stop blabbering but he noticed that I was not paying attention to what he was saying.

“Wookie, are you okay?” He looked at the magazine where I was looking, or may I say staring, and realized the situation.

“Wookie! You’re becoming a fan boy! I’m so proud! You like CHO KYUHYUN!! It’s okay! Don’t be such a wimp and just admit it! You like him! I mean, who could resist those god-like features that he has. He is the best singer that I know, well next to my Donghae of course.”

At that moment, I was not convinced on what Hyukjae was telling me. I still didn’t believe that I was starting to be a fan boy. After our trip to the book store, we separated ways and I walked home. The image of Kyuhyun never went out of my mind while walking. It was like every step that I take, the picture in my mind keeps on sparkling and sparkling. What was happening to me? I asked myself seriously. 

I arrived home and immediately greeted my parents. 

“Hi mom, I’m back!” I kissed her in the cheek. She pinched by cheeks because she always thought that I have the best cheek bones in the world.

“Mom! It hurts!”

“But I can’t resist it! You’re so cute! Anyway, how’s school?” My mom asked.

“Nothing new. Where’s dad?”

“He’s in the kitchen, preparing dinner.”

I went to the kitchen to greet my father.

“Hi dad! I’m back.”

“Wookie, how’s school?” My dad asked.

“Nothing much. Still many homeworks and projects.”

“Okay, go up then. Get ready for dinner then do what you need to do. Dinner will be ready in 10 minutes.”

“Okay!”

I got my cooking skills from my father. I guess it runs in the family that the guy is the one who is good at cooking. If ever I have time, I cook dinner for my family instead of my dad. Whenever Hyukjae is celebrating his birthday, I always cook food for his family then we will eat it together at their house. I like it when others are fulfilled with my cooking. 

I went inside my room and changed clothes. I opened my computer and got out my notebooks for my homework. I browsed through my notes for a while then my dad called me for dinner. 

Dinner was pretty normal. It has always been the 3 of us eating dinner together. Our family is really small which makes us have a close relationship with each other. 

After dinner, I was about to go upstairs but I was signaled to stop when I heard a voice from the television. It was so enchanting. It was the best voice I heard yet. It made me feel insecure of my own voice. I was a member of the school choir and others have complimented me for my high voice but this voice that I heard made me feel like an amateur. My mom was the one watching T.V. so I stood up beside her chair and watched with her. To my surprise, I knew the guy who was singing. It was Cho Kyuhyun. This made me even more confused and I was starting to get convinced that I was really turning into a fan boy. He looked so good on T.V. and his voice just made me fall for him even more. 

I went upstairs after Kyuhyun’s appearance on T.V. was done. I sat down in front of my computer and did my homework. I had a hard time concentrating because his voice continued to echo in my head and his face never left my head as well. After how many minutes of struggling with the distraction brought by Kyuhyun, I was able to finish my homework. I checked the watch and I still had 2 hours before going to bed. I was contemplating on what to do and just opened an internet browser. I was thinking on what site should I visit but the image of Kyu kept on appearing on my head so I just decided to search about this Cho Kyuhyun. 

“Great way of resisting temptation, Ryeowook.” I said to myself.

I typed on the search bar ‘Cho Kyuhyun’ and I clicked enter. The first thing that appeared on the list was his official fan club. I opened it and clicked on the ‘About Kyuhyun’ icon. It displayed his name, birthday, blood type and fun facts which got my attention. Since I’m only at the beginning of telling you my story, I will say immediately that 70% of the facts written there were false. But at that time, I was lead to believe that all of those were true. Fact by fact that I read made me even more interested in Kyuhyun. It says there that he wasn’t involved in a relationship ever since birth and for some reason I found it a good fact about him. For about an hour, I kept on searching more about him and I watched different videos of him. By that night, I can officially say that I have turned into a fan boy. Thanks to Cho Kyuhyun. 

The next day, I told Hyukjae what happened to me last night. Of course, he was so proud.

“That’s great! Then I’m not alone! I knew it! I’m so happy!” I can see from Hyukjae’s smile that he was truly happy. But I clarified that I wasn’t hardcore as he was. I was just a mere supporter of Kyuhyun. He accepted it and he kept on telling me more facts about Kyuhyun. I pretended to not know the facts that he was telling me but in truth, I knew it all because of my ‘research’ last night.

After several weeks, I was still a fan but Hyukjae was the one who kept me updated on the different stories. Three weeks after school has started, I remembered that Hyukjae told me that Kyuhyun was about to enter a school and he was looking into different schools. In Korea, we don’t usually make a big deal when we have a celebrity student within our school. Last year, Kim Heechul was a student at our school. The very famous actor, singer and DJ chose our school because it was one of the most prestigious all boys high schools in Seoul. We were freshmen students at that time and he was a senior so he doesn’t go to our school now since he already graduated. Hyukjae was so convinced that Kyuhyun will choose our school as well since a lot of celebrities have been here already. What made Hyukjae more excited was the fact that Kyuhyun is in the same year with us if ever he goes to school. I hided it from him that I was also excited that Kyuhyun might be attending our school but I didn’t get my hopes up because I might just get disappointed at that time. 

By the fourth week of school, Monday, Hyukjae and I went to inside the classroom and we were confused on why everyone was so noisy. As we entered the room, Yesung immediately linked his arms with mine. Oh! I forgot to tell you, Yesung has been a huge admirer of mine and he asked me several times to be his boyfriend but I always declined him politely. Even though I know how he feels for me, I still treat him as a friend and I was never annoyed by him. Hyukjae was totally pissed off with him but I kept telling him that he should not. Yesung finds it sweet of me that I’m not irritated by him which makes him even like me more. Don’t get me wrong, I was not after the attention he was giving me. I just thought of our friendship since elementary school that’s why it was okay with me. I value or friendship. 

I asked him what the commotion was about.

“They said that there will be a new student joining us! And I hear that he is pretty famous!” Yesung said. “Aren’t you excited my Wookie! He might be even sitting right next to you since you have a vacant seat beside you at the back! You might become pretty close with him! But don’t make me jealous! Okay?” 

I ignored Yesung’s last sentence, about me not making him jealous. My heart suddenly skipped a beat thinking about who was the new student. Somehow, I kept linking the new student to Kyuhyun. Is he really the new student? I asked myself. Hyukjae kept on nagging my arm.

“Wookie-ah! This is it! This might be your chance!” Hyukjae said.
“What chance?” I pretended not to know what he was saying.

“Don’t act dumb! You know what I’ am talking about!”

We were cut off when the teacher entered the room. We went back to our seats, mine was at the end of the room and I was alone at the last row. I couldn’t stop staring at the vacant chair beside me. 

“Okay class, I think you already heard the news that there will be a new student joining us. So please let’s give him a warm welcome.” The teacher said. He went to the door and signaled someone to go in.

“Everyone please welcome Cho Kyuhyun. He will be your new classmate starting today.” 

He was there. In front of the classroom. I can’t believe it! I was classmates with him. All of us said welcome in unison and he was signaled to seat at the chair beside me.

He sat down beside me and he saw me looking at him.

“Hi, I’m Kyuhyun and you are?” He asked me. But his tone of asking was sort of arrogant. Regardless, I was so mesmerized. I have never seen a guy who looks as good as him.

“H-hi! I’m Ryeowook, Kim Ryeowook.” I said, stuttering.

“Hello Ryeowook and would you mind if I told you to stop staring at me.” He was so arrogant.

The teacher went out of the classroom for a bit to go to the comfort room.

Kyuhyun noticed that my facial expression changed from amusement to anger. 

“Oh! I’m so sorry, did I disappoint you?” He asked sarcastically.

No one really cared if Kyuhyun was their classmate so my classmates kept doing their own thing. I noticed that Yesung and Hyukjae were the only ones who were looking at us.

I just ignored Kyuhyun and his arrogant act but he kept on nagging me.

“So you are disappointed. You’re cute you know. You’re even cuter when you look disappointed.” He said with a smirk on his face. 

I seriously wanted to punch him in the face.

I was surprised when he suddenly pinched my cheek bones.

“You have the best cheek bones that I have ever seen. It seems that every second, I keep on noticing you’re cute features.” He moved his chair closer to mine. He leaned on my table and he held my chin so we were face to face at that time. 

He kept staring into my eyes and I had no choice but to stare at his eyes as well. 

“I like you, you’re so cute.” Kyuhyun said and I was surprised by the next thing that he did.

He gave me a kiss on the lips. My eyes were big and wide. I didn’t react to the kiss. When he left my lips, he kept on smirking and I was furious. Why did he do that?!

“You know I thought you were nice but you’re an arrogant guy!” I told him.

“You know I thought you were cute and you really are cute!” He mocked me. 

The whole first period was such an irritating time for me. He kept on smirking at me and when the teacher notices, the teacher would ask him a hard question but he can still manage to answer. He is a smart one, I can assure you. It made me more irritated. 

When the first period ended, I rushed outside of the classroom but he still managed to get out first before me. While he was walking away, he shouted at me. “See you! Cute Kim Ryeowook!” then he disappeared. 

________________________________________
________________________

Yay! A new KyuWook fic :D Please wait for chapter 2! :D Thank you so much to those who will read.

I’m sorry if the first chapter is not that interesting but I promise that the next chapter would me more interesting :D 

Please leave comments! I appreciate them :D