Prologue: New School

Bounce to the World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello!!! Welcome!! Enjoy my new story. This is a short chapter for the prologue only. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Boing!

Boing!

The audience was silent in anticipation. They stared at the tall girl, who stood about 175 cm. That girl gulped hard. Her eyes were locked onto the ring. She glanced at her teammates beside her as they waited for the rebound. 

40 - 40 

Her team, the Pink Tigers, and the opposing team, The Crush, were tied. If the free throw was made, then her team will own the victory. Her coach, who was watching her from the bench, couldn’t bear to look. He was afraid. He kept turning back as if he was praying.

With only 5 seconds left, her heart beats in a fast pace.Then, she jumped as she threw the orange ball towards the hoop. Everyone's eyes looked at the ball as they spread under the basket to get the rebound. But...

Plop!

“YAAAAYYY!!!” The audience suddenly started cheering. The buzzer was ringing, and that meant that the game had ended. The girl looked at the scoreboard. She smiled as she saw her teammates running towards her.

“WE WON!!!” 

“CAPTAIN, YOU’RE AWESOME!!!”

Her teammates lifted her and started to bounce her in the air. She smiled. Her smile was always bright, but, she was actually hiding inside... Behind her smile... was the pain that she had.

“You should quit the basketball club.” 
“Why? Is my illness getting worse?”
“You trip easily now, right?”
“Recently, I have...”
“ It will get worse if you keep on jumping because your muscles will weaken and stiffen if you continue.You might not be able to move your legs anymore when your condition gets worse.” 
“ C-Can my legs be treated?” 
“ Of course. You need a checkup.” 

“What do you mean?! You want to leave the Pink Tigers?!" yelled Coach Lim Minki. It was unbelievable because this girl was the captain. 
Jung Hana, read the girl's name tag. She lowered her head. “I’m sorry... I... I'm moving out to Seoul with my family...”

Coach Lim sighed. He was frustrated. 2 weeks from now on, the basketball finals will be held. “Hana, you’re the captain. Why do you need to move? I... The finals are near.” 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter