Suspicions

Dude Looks Like a Lady

"You have your 'something is bothering you' face on. What's up?" Tao asked, stepping into Chanyeol's office 
"Don't you ever knock?" Chanyeol retorted 
"I'm your best friend. I don't think I need to knock unless you're doing something important. Arguing back to me suggests you're not" was Tao's response, grinning when Chanyeol couldn't think of something else to say and had conceeded defeat. He hated the fact that Tao knew him so well! 

"Now back to my earlier question; what's up?" Tao asked again 
"When I told you I was married to Bokyung, you said you didn't even know the Byun's had a daughter. What did you think they had instead?" Chanyeol replied as Tao shrugged his shoulders and waved his hands about to try and form his explanation. 

"I knew that they had a son and I think I heard somewhere before that they had another child. I was just unsure whether they had another son or daughter" he explained before frowning "Why are you asking?" and now it was Chanyeol's turn to shrug his shoulders. 

"Just curious, that's all" he muttered before checking the time and standing up "We've got enough time for a decent lunch break. Let's say we leave here for a while and head out to find some decent food?" he suggested and who was Tao to deny such a suggestion as this? 

 

 

Sehun knew that Baekhyun wanted something, or wanted to ask something for that matter, whenever his friend leaned him and rested his chin on his hands which were in turn either resting on his knee's or on the table. Having known him for so long, he didn't even have to look to know how his friend was sat at that current moment and see the creepishly huge smile that was plastered on his face. 

"Stop doing that" he said, reaching out to gently shove Baekhyun's face away from him 
"I just want to know how your date went" Baekhyun whined, holding his elbow where the force of Sehun pushing him had knocked it off of the table. 

"Well it went pretty well" Sehun began and at that Baekhyun's ears perked up and again he leaned in to hear what Sehun had to say "To begin with. Nice conversations going, great food at the place we went... then she wouldn't shut up about ex-boyfriends and how they always seem to leave her after a date or two. I wonder why" rolling his eyes as Baekhyun sighed and shook his head. 

"So, disasterous I take it?" he concluded 
"Disasterous" Sehun replied "Probably why I prefer men over women". 

Whilst the two of them were caught up in their conversation, two new people had come in and been caught in the lunchtime rush. Whilst they weren't really enthusiastic about waiting around, it was either here or walking around the city until they found a slightly less crowded place than this one. Placing their orders, Chanyeol and Tao walked aside, Chanyeol wasn't really listening to what Tao was saying, but remembered to nod and say something every so often so it looked as though he was paying attention. 

Briefly glancing over, Baekhyun's eyes widened when he saw Chanyeol stood there, another guy next to him was speaking to him as they stood to the side waiting for their order. 

"What's wrong?" Sehun asked, looking in the direction Baekhyun was looking in to see what was wrong 
"Don't look!" Baekhyun exclaimed as Sehun turned back around and frowned 
"Why? What's going on, why are you acting like this?" he asked but Baekhyun couldn't explain himself, at least not in time as Chanyeol looked over and made eye contact with him before waving. 

"Oh God" Baekhyun muttered as he waved back 
"What's wrong?" Sehun asked as Baekhyun jumped out of his seat and gathered his stuff 
"You know it's actually quite a lovely day and you're doing a night shift aren't you? How about we go for a walk or something?" he suggested and though not really understanding what was going on, Sehun agreed anyway and soon the two of them were out of their seats and heading out. 

Watching them, Chanyeol couldn't help but find Baekhyun's actions a little bit... odd. Why was it that as soon as Chanyeol waved to him, Baekhyun looked panicked and was running out of the place with his friend? 

"What's up?" Tao asked when he saw the expression on Chanyeol's face 
"Nothing just... thought I saw something" he replied, their order number finally being called as they went to get their lunch. Something was definitely up, though Chanyeol couldn't quite put his finger on it. 

 

 

Finally locking the place up, Baekhyun was all too glad to see the end of the day and be able to finally get home. After his second run in with Chanyeol earlier, he had to come up with something to make sure that they didn't run in like that again, otherwise Chanyeol was going to catch onto something soon enough. 

Fixing his wig, he made sure to check his reflection in the window before making his way down the road 
"Bokyung!" hearing the familiar voice, Baekhyun stopped in his tracks and turned around to see Chanyeol running over to him. 

"O-oh hi! What are you doing here?" he asked 
"Well I managed to get some time off of work before the meeting scheduled with clients from America later on this evening. Thought I'd catch you and take you out for some dinner or something" Chanyeol explained. 

"You didn't have to do that! I'm perfectly fine in cooking up something at home" Baekhyun protested but Chanyeol shook his head 
"We haven't exactly been out yet in the time we've been married" he began, grimacing slightly "So let's just go out for a simple meal. It's nearby here and the food is really nice!" 

Seeing how he genuinely wanted to do this, Baekhyun couldn't say no to him. With a sigh he relunctantly agreed to go with Chanyeol and turned around to walk the other way with him, the two of them breaking out into a 'small' argument over who was going to be paying for what. 


Think of Baekhyun beginning to panic whenever he see's Chanyeol outside of being Bokyung and Chanyeol starting to become suspicious the start of something. What it is, well I'm not telling you... yet! 

Next chapter will see the return of a character or two and we'll find out more about Chanyeol... and possibly Baekhyun 

Until then!!