Bonus Chapter: Start Over

Dude Looks Like a Lady

"Going out again tonight I see" Sehun commented, making Baekhyun roll his eyes
"I am if that's alright with you mother dear" he replied and quickly dodged out of the path of a flying cushion Sehun had chucked his way, though both of them had managed to laugh over the joke.

Since their initial first round of drinks, Chanyeol and Baekhyun had taken to meeting up with each other as often as they possibly could. It was a nice change for Baekhyun; not only were they able to put their past behind them, but he actually had someone else he could meet up with when Sehun was out on his many dates with Tao (something which Baekhyun did not want the pleasure of being the third wheel).

"What's it to you if I'm going out tonight anyway?" Baekhyun added as an after comment and though Sehun shrugged his shoulders, he could see that his friend had something he wanted to say. Whether Baekhyun was going to have to worm it out of him or not was a completely different matter.

"Well?"
"Well it's just that you have been going out with Chanyeol a lot lately... and you're still going to tell me that you two are nothing but friends?" Sehun finally asked and Baekhyun should have seen it coming, this hadn't been the first time that Sehun had brought up the issue of how often he and Chanyeol would see each other. There was nothing going on between them, they were just friends. As if Sehun was one to talk anyway; he spent much more time with Tao than Baekhyun, and he was supposed to be his best friend!

"Whatever you may think, it's not true, I've told you over a million times already. Now, if you'll excuse me I'm running late"

"Enjoy your date!" Sehun shouted as Baekhyun ran to the door ready to leave
"It's not a date!" he shouted back and left with the sound of Sehun laughing after him.

 

 

Baekhyun was usually the chatty one when he and Chanyeol met up. Chanyeol was more content with just sitting there listening to Baekhyun talk and chiming in whenever he felt like he had something to say. Tonight though was very different. Both were sat in the bar, at their usual table, shrouded in silence. Nothing was said between the two of them and something about Chanyeol was putting Baekhyun off; was he staring at him differently? Was he leaning in slightly closer than he originally would? Or is this all just Baekhyun's imagination and Sehun is partly to blame for his previous comments?

"Are you okay?" he eventually asked, Chanyeol nodding his head and finishing his drink before he spoke

"I'm actually quite bored in here. Wanna go outside and do some window shopping? Look at a few stalls that have been set up?"

Baekhyun wordlessly agrees to go with him, given the chance to finish his drink before they're both putting on their coats and setting out into the cold and bustling evening city life of Seoul. They never like to do the same thing over and over; this is not the first time they've abandoned drinks and gone on a spontaneous trip to somewhere else. Something like window shopping and having a look at the stalls that had been set up in the area, though Baekhyun has done this countless of times with Sehun in the past, something about doing it with Chanyeol just seems completely different, like he just doesn't want to do and wants to go back inside to the awkwardness of ordering drinks to try and keep this meet up going.

"Uh so, where do you want to go first?" Baekhyun asked, turning to face Chanyeol whose gaze quickly lifts from Baekhyun's lips (at least that's where Baekhyun thinks he was looking) and back up to his face.

"How about window shopping and then the stalls? We can get some food or hot chocolate in the process to warm us up" Chanyeol suggested and with that the two of them began walking down into the central business area. It was quiet between the two of them, but at least this time Baekhyun had the distraction of shops and stalls to give him something to look at and keep him occupied. Chanyeol remained quiet throughout and if Baekhyun remembered correctly this was very unlike him and it was beginning to make him feel uncomfortable. 

"H-hey, isn't that jacket cute?" he tried "Though I wouldn't dare think of buying it; look how expensive it is!"

Turning to Chanyeol to show him the jacket he was talking about, Baekhyun jumped back when he saw how close Chanyeol had gotten towards him. Since when was he that close?

"U-uh-" Baekhyun began but stopped himself when Chanyeol leant in and quickly placed a peck on his lips. Realising what he had done, his eyes widened and Baekhyun watched completely speechless as he witnessed the panic settle on Chanyeol's face.

"Oh God I wasn't supposed to do that"

Anything he said after that Baekhyun didn't quite catch, partly because Chanyeol had turned into a bumbling mess and also because he was completely lost in his thoughts.

... you have been going out with Chanyeol a lot lately... and you're still going to tell me that you two are nothing but friends?

Maybe Baekhyun was willing to deny to anybody that there was nothing going on between him and Chanyeol, though secretly, he wasn't so sure if he could deny it towards himself. The two of them met up initially to help put their past behind them and start over, to build a new friendship because whatever they had previously had been destroyed, but once the friendship had been rebuilt, why did they keep seeing each other as often as they did? It was obvious to Sehun who managed to pick it up and now it was made pretty obvious to Baekhyun why Chanyeol wanted to meet him so often. The real question from that was how long had Chanyeol felt this way about him?

Baekhyun didn't know what to do; was this the right thing to be doing? Should they really be doing something like this so quickly? No. Just for once in his life Baekhyun was no longer going to carry anymore worries with him and for once he was going to ignore his head and follow his heart, firstly by silencing Chanyeol and placing a finger to his lips.

"You know, I usually leave it until a second or third date before I even think about allowing someone to kiss me" he said and though it takes a couples of seconds for his words to sink in, Chanyeol eventually raises an eyebrow and smirks.

"Oh really?" he asked as Baekhyun nodded his head "Well then, we'll have to correct that won't we?" as he slung an arm around Baekhyun's shoulder and led him down the road proclaiming to know the perfect place to kickstart it all and Baekhyun was going to enjoy every second of it!


As promised the bonus chapter! With that this has really ended! 

I wasn't sure on how I was going to write this, but then this churned out and you can kida guess that some time has passed, they've gotten to be more friendly towards each other... though a little too friendly by the end and there was a peck! Not exactly a kiss, but a peck, that's enough right?

Again, thank you so much for reading this, commenting and subscribing. You have made my experience writing this very enjoyable and I can't thank you enough! <3

Until the next story!!