Just friends

Dude Looks Like a Lady

The walk to their destination mostly consisted of Chanyeol and Baekhyun arguing over who would be paying for what. Being the man in the relationship, Chanyeol insisted on paying for the whole thing. The temptation to retort that Chanyeol was not the only man in this so called relationship came to Baekhyun, but he bit his tongue and instead insisted on both of them paying half and half. 

"How about this then; you pay for the main meal and I'll pay for desserts, better?" Baekhyun tried, making a mental note to never try and negotiate with Chanyeol again in the future 
"If that is what it will take to stop the two of us from arguing, fine" Chanyeol finally agreed, Baekhyun making another note to check that Chanyeol didn't try to go pay for the whole thing when he wasn't looking. 

"Ah look at you two, arguing like a proper couple should" came a voice, the two of them turning around to find Kyungsoo there with Jongin 
"Hey!" Chanyeol greeted cheerfully "How was India?" 
"Despite the unbearable heat and almost getting lost in the huge crowds sometimes, we had a lot of fun actually" Kyungsoo replied, the two of them once again getting lost in their own conversation and leaving Baekhyun out whilst Jongin stood there listening in. 

Stood there feeling completely left out did Baekhyun notice the dog that was with Jongin and Kyungsoo. Bending down, he began to pet the dog who in return took an instant liking to him. 

"His name is Monggu" Jongin said as his dog jumped into Baekhyun's arms for said guy to cuddle him 
"He's really cute!" Baekhyun exclaimed "I always wanted a dog growing up, but my mum was afraid of them so we only ever had our cat and a few goldfish here and there instead" pouting at the memory. 

"I want another one, but Kyungsoo says not right now. Apparently it's hard taking care of the two of us, let alone another addition. I don't know whether to be offended by that statement or not". Hearing his name being mentioned did this break Kyungsoo away from the conversation, demanding to know why Jongin was talking about him. His sudden change and Jongin quickly becoming flustered as he tried to explain himself, only becoming more confused when Kyungsoo began to laugh and told him to brighten up making Baekhyun laugh as well. 

 

 

Between ordering and eating, Chanyeol and Baekhyun tried to attempt some small talk between the two of them to ensure that a prolonged silence did not come between them. Whatever it was from how their day had been so far to how the decor of the place looked, they would have a discussion about it to keep a somewhat lively atmosphere between them. 

"About Kyungsoo" Chanyeol began, shifting in his seat as Baekhyun waited patiently for him to continue "We only know each other because our mum's were a part of this club and they would sometimes drag us along because there was nobody to look after us. We spent so much time together that we just naturally become friends, just friends." 

The more he spoke, the more Baekhyun understood what he was trying to get at, remembering their last conversation on the matter and just why Chanyeol was doing this 
"Of course, you two look like very good friends" he commented once Chanyeol had finished. 

"Yeah, just friends, just so we're clear and you're not thinking of anything else" he said nervously 
"I'm not thinking anything else. I just assumed the last time that something was up because of how you strained the word friend introducing him to me" Baekhyun replied as Chanyeol began to bite at his lip. 

"We may have had something" he whispered, loud enough for Baekhyun to hear "It wasn't serious though. We could never see it working and I wasn't exactly comfortable with what I was doing; in my family, you're not allowed to be different from the normal. At the age we were, I was terrified to tell my parents what I really liked." 

Finally being able to explain everything to Baekhyun, Chanyeol shot him an apologetic smile "Sorry"
"No don't apologise. Thank you, for sharing this with me" Baekhyun hastily replied. 

Understandably a silence settled between the two of them. The only words that spilled from their lips was thanks to the waitress who had brought their food over before they plunged back into silence as they did before. Silently eating, Baekhyun expected a million thoughts to be rushing through his head but only one seemed to be sticking in his mind; now what? 

Now that Chanyeol had told him who he was and who he liked, where did they go from there? For all Chanyeol knew, Baekhyun was a girl and he may or may not have told him he was more interested in guys. People would probably be expecting the two to have children, to act like a normal couple when they were nowhere near normal. How was Baekhyun suppose to move on from this? 

"You know" Chanyeol began, swallowing the piece of food he had in his mouth before he continued "From me telling you this... perhaps this is some sort of indication that you shouldn't be afraid to tell me anything, okay?"

All Baekhyun could do in return was nod his head and return a very silent thanks. Why was he having to do this and lead Chanyeol on into believing this whole lie when he was telling Baekhyun things that he would never likely tell anybody else he knew? 


Ah I really love to put people through a tidal wave of emotions don't I? Ah well, I regret nothing! 

Until the next chapter!!