Familiar

Dude Looks Like a Lady

Seeing Chanyeol in front of him, Baekhyun froze. He had no idea what to do, let alone say or react, instead he atood there with his hand still clutched to his chest after having had Chanyeol scare him. At this moment however his heart was beating erratically for other reasons and he had no idea on how to control it. 

"Sorry for scaring you back there" Chanyeol finally piped up 
"Th-that's fine, completely fine" Baekhyun replied, letting out a nervous chuckle "I just thought that I was kind of the only one left here after JooMi left, that was all" again letting out a nervous chuckle as Chanyeol nodded his head and attempted a sort of half-smile in return. 

A million thoughts came rushing through Baekhyun's head however one thought always managed to garner the most attention; what the hell was he doing here? From there a million other thoughts came into his head; why did Chanyeol come along in the first place? Had he walked into the wrong building by mistake? Or had Chanyeol finally figured out what was going on and had come to confront Baekhyun? 

"I was wondering" came Chanyeol's voice, snapping Baekhyun out of his thoughts "If you had seen Byun Bokyung around?"
"B-Bokyung?" Baekhyun asked, scratching his head and hoping that whatever he was trying to act like was convincing enough for Chanyeol to believe him. Otherwise he probably looked like a complete and utter idiot in front of the other at that moment. 

Listening to Baekhyun's response, and seeing him react to his question, Chanyeol frowned and tilted his head slightly to the right. He was sure that he had the right place and he was pretty sure that from the area that had been described to him, this was the only place in that area of the city where people could come to take music lessons. 

"I'm pretty sure I got the right place" he muttered to himself before turning back to Baekhyun "Have I got the right place? I mean she's told me about teaching music lessons in this area, I just, maybe this is the wrong building"
"N-no it's the right building. But you missed her. She left, like, ten minutes before you arrived. Something about having to grab some food for dinner tonight" Baekhyun replied, hoping that he was still puttng on a convincing performance. 

"Oh really?" Chanyeol asked 
"Yeah. Apparently she wanted to make a nice... stew or something for her husband" Baekhyun replied, frowning slightly and mentally cursed himself; he doesn't know how to make a stew! 

"Why does she keep doing this? I've told her plently of time she doesn't have to go all out like that" Chanyeol muttered, his words catching Baekhyun's attention 
"So you're... you're her husband, huh?" he asked as Chanyeol nodded his head "We were all quite surprised here when we found out she got married" he added. 

"Really?"
"Oh yeah. Mostly because she was always talking about not wanting to get married, ever. She says it's because she doesn't want a man telling her what to do and how to act but we think it's because she's afraid to commit". 

Okay, maybe Baekhyun was going a bit too far with this pretending that he was Bokyung's co-worker. But he was just too paranoid that if he didn't do this then Chanyeol was surely going to figure it out. Heck, with how badly Baekhyun was having to wing it so far, he was surprised that Chanyeol had yet to really figure out what was going on. 

"She's afraid to commit?" Chanyeol asked as Baekhyun stood there nodding his head 
"But that doesn't mean she hates you or anything. She's always saying nice things about you" he quickly added when he saw the expression on Chanyeol's face. 

"Oh, thanks, I guess I should get going then" Chanyeol replied before frowning "Have I seen you somewhere before?" 
"S-seen me before? I'm not sure I mean, I've never seen you before until this moment" Baekhyun replied, heart rate every increasing the longer Chanyeol stood there staring at him like so. 

"You look familiar, but I don't know what it is" he muttered before shrugging his shoulder "Thanks for everything uh"
"Sehun" Baekhyun blurted out "M-my name is Sehun" he clarified as Chanyeol nodded his head
"Thanks Sehun" Chanyeol said and with that left. Absolutely sure that he was alone, Baekhyun collapsed against the wall holding his chest, letting out a sigh of relief and disbelief that he had actually managed to get away with that. 

 

 

Baekhyun ended up returning home a lot later than he originally thought he would. For starters, Chanyeol turning up to work kind of threw him off, then he had to change back into Bokyung and then go shopping because he stupidly said that 'Bokyung' was going to make beef stew tonight! 

By the time he actually got through the door he was tired, sweaty and moody and all he wanted to do was ditch that stupid stew altogether and just cook a frozen meal or something because he just couldn't be bothered to do anything else. 

"You're later than usual" Chanyeol called from the living room as Baekhyun threw the shopping on top of the kitchen counter and wiped a hand across his sweaty forehead 
"Well I can't exactly drive anywhere can I?" Baekhyun asked "Then the freaking bus was late so that just added much more to everything else that could have gone wrong today".

Walking into the kitchen, Chanyeol paused in the doorway and watched Baekhyun. There was something about him that Chanyeol just couldn't shake off, and he wasn't even sure what it was in the first place. 

"You know if you had waited around at work, I would have been there to pick you up" he pointed out 
"You came by my work?" Baekhyun asked "Well how was I suppose to know you would turn up?". 

"I met Sehun whilst I was there. Nice guy" Chanyeol added 
"Really? You think Sehun is nice?" Baekhyun asked, quite surprised that Chanyeol would even bring this up 
"Oh yeah. Very helpful" Chanyeol replied, frowning slightly and tilting his head to the side. 

"What?" Baekhyun asked 
"Nothing, just... you know what, it doesn't matter" Chanyeol replied before smiling "Let's say we just order take out for tonight. I mean, you don't look like you're in the mood to cook and I think that both of us just need something that requires no effort to get" and for once, Baekhyun was finding himself quickly agreeing to something Chanyeol had proposed. 


"How could Chanyeol not figure out that was Baekhyun?" 

Am I really gonna do that so quickly? Come on people that would be too easy for him! And besides, the way I left it with Chanyeol frowning and saying that Baekhyun looked familiar, that doesn't give a definite answer as to whether Chanyeol has figured anything out or not. Gives me a chance to play around a bit >:D 

Until the next chapter!!