God bless Park Chanyeol

Dude Looks Like a Lady

Opening up the bag that Chanyeol planted in front of him, Baekhyun thanked him a million times over when he saw the painkillers and medicine that littered the inside. Now, Baekhyun could deal with whatever a cold threw at him; runny nose, sore throat and the constant feeling of the sun blasting down him was fine. Severe headaches and coughs which never seemed to go away (he could swear he pulled a muscle from coughing so much) he could not deal with so well. 

"God bless you Park Chanyeol" he muttered as he grabbed the painkillers and made quick work of getting two of them into his system and hoping that they would start working sometime soon.

"This is what you get for walking home in the rain without suitable clothing on" Chanyel pointed out as Baekhyun grumbled from where he lay on the sofa, wraping the blanket around him
"Blame the weather woman she's the one getting the weather constantly wrong" he whined, his comment making Chanyeol laugh. 

"Maybe now with winter settling in you'll take me up on that offer of picking you up until your car is fixed" he suggested 
"You're awfully set on getting me to agree to this aren't you?" Baekhyun pointed out but Chanyeol said nothing, only helping Baekhyun to properly wrap the blanket around him and making sure the room was warm enough before he left. 

Chanyeol was only trying to do it to make sure he played the role of a good husband well enough. Baekhyun knew who he was and what he was, but Chanyeol felt it would be unfair if after having him find out like that, Chanyeol treated him differently. Baekhyun was his 'wife' and he needed to take care of him, he needed to be the man of the house and show that he was perfectly capable of taking care of his 'wife' where it needed to be. 

Getting ready to head back to work, Chanyeol did another quick check on Baekhyun before he left again. Seeing the position that Baekhyun had gotten himself into, seeing how comfortably he was able to sleep in that position could only make Chanyeol laugh. Something that caught his eye made Chanyeol stop laughing, frowning as he turned his head to get a better look, though couldn't be sure if he was imagining it or not. To not risk waking Baekhyun up, Chanyeol did not pry into it any longer and hurried back to work before Tao got to wondering where he was. 

 

 

Chanyeol was really trying his best to listen to what Tao was telling him, he was. It was just that trying to get a look at whatever caught his eye when he saw Baekhyun sleeping earlier kept him distracted, so much so that he instead of at least looking at Tao's face to at least pretend he was listening, he was instead watching his neck, watching as his Adam's Apple moved as he spoke. 

"Is there something on my neck?" Tao finally asked, rubbing his hand over and covering it, not really knowing why Chanyeol would not stop staring 
"Lean your head back" Chanyeol demanded as Tao frowned and let his hand drop onto his lap. 

"Huh?"
"Lean your head back. Quick" Chanyeol repeated and very slowly Tao did as he was told. Not really wanting to anger Chanyeol, he did so and made a mental note to bring it up again later. 

"You finished staring yet?" he finally piped up and when Chanyeol confirmed did Tao lift his head back up, muttering to himself in Mandarin 
"You better not be insulting me" Chanyeol said straightaway 
"Well who the hell stares at their friend's neck and then ask them to lean back Chanyeol? Do you have some kind of new weird or something?" 

Did Tao really just ask him that? 

"Of course I have a new Tao. What better way to test it out then on my best friend?" to which Tao nudged him 
"I'm being deadly serious here!" he exclaimed 
"Why the hell would I have some weird neck Tao? I was just checking for something!" and the two would continue to argue like this for sometime. 

 

 

Returning home, Baekhyun was now fully awake and watching television. Still bundled up in his blanket, Chanyeol became worried that he would overheat himself and make himself worse than what he already was. 

"How are you feeling?" he asked
"Fine" Baekhyun replied, voice deeper than usual and actually shocking Chanyeol slightly. 

"Pardon?" as Baekhyun cleared his throat and repeated his answer, this time in the voice that Chanyeol was used to hearing, cracking slightly here and there. Resting his hand on Baekhyun's forehead, Chanyeol frowned before going to remove the blanket wrapped tightly around Baekhyun, only to have him whine and try to push Chanyeol away. 

"No" he whined 
"You're getting too hot Bokyung, I'm only doing this so you don't overheat yourself or something" Chanyeol pointed out, finally being able to move the blanket and giving Baekhyun a chance to cool down.

In all honesty, Baekhyun was willing to admit that he was feeling extra hot than usual because of the extra layers he was having to wear to continue to be Bokyung. The wig was the most annoying part, making his become particularly sweaty around the forehead, and he could not wait until he was up in his bedroom and throw it away from him until it was needed in the morning.

Though he felt hot, Baekhyun was freezing. One of the things about having a cold he hated the most was that his body was unable to regulate its temperature normally. Another annoying thing was that whilst Chanyeol wanted the blanket off of him to keep him cool, Baekhyun wanted to wrap himself up in the blanket because he was just too cold , he just couldn't win! 

As if sensing this 'injustice' Chanyeol sighed and began making his way towards the kitchen 
"How about a hot chocolate? It'll help get some warmth into your body" he suggested 
"With whipped cream and marshmallows?" Baekhyun asked, looking up at him hopefully 
"If we have any yes" Chanyeol replied, halfway towards the kitchen when he heard Baekhyun calling him a saint, making him laugh and shake his head before getting to work with Baekhyun's request. 

If Chanyeol was going to keep tending to him like, maybe Baekhyun didn't mind being ill for a bit longer. Only a little bit longer of course, he wouldn't be able to cope with being ill for a long time! 


Hmm... I think I'll class this as a filler chapter. Unless you take the part of Chanyeol just casually asking Tao to lean back so that he could study his neck as something. I'm not saying anything though.... nope... nothing! 

Until the next chapter!