Breakdown

Dude Looks Like a Lady

Upon discovering Chanyeol's secret, Baekhyun feared that this could have soured whatever it was the two had between them. The two of them weren't exactly close beforehand, Baekhyun just didn't want this to make things even more complicated between the two of them. 

Being his biggest concern previously, the thought was quickly pushed to the back of his mind however when more pressing matters popped up; the main one being when his car decided to break down and that it would be a matter of weeks until he was going to get it back and in tip top condition. 

"I've offered to drive you to work countless of times, no use in nagging about it" Chanyeol piped up one morning hearing Baekhyun grumble to himself about his car, thinking he could hear a few expletives in there as well, backing off when he saw the look Baekhyun was shooting him. It wasn't that Baekhyun refused the lifts because he didn't want to be in the same car as him, but there was no way he wanted a lift right outside of his work where his colleagues would see him and ask him why the heck he was dressed as a woman. It would blow his cover!

If he had his car then Baekhyun would be able to park it somewhere privte, dress and rub his make up off in there and vice-versa when he got home. But oh no his car had to go break down and now he was deciding whether it was a risk of waiting until Chanyeol left for work and leaving as himself, or running into work, shutting himself in a room and getting changed in there hoping nobody would find out what it was he was doing. Why was dressing as girl so difficult? 

"Stupid peice of crap" he muttered in the kitchen one morning, handing some lunch over to a grinning Chanyeol who decided that this time round it was best to keep his mouth shut and leave Baekhyun to it. 

 

 

"I told you ages ago to get that car to a garage as soon as you bought that thing" Sehun pointed out over lunch that afternoon 
"I know that now!" Baekhyun exclaimed, stabbing his fork into his lunch, resting his chin on his hand "I should have really gotten it checked out when I bought it off the guy. No wonder the thing was cheap" he muttered. 

"Exactly what I said!" Sehun pointed out 
"Well I'm sorry mister! I was just really excited about having my own car once! Especially because there was no way nobody else in my family was going to help me buy a good one" Baekhyun countered and Sehun opened his mouth to say something, but realised that baekhyun was right on that one and instead went straight back to his lunch. 

How Sehun could be helping a woman give birth one minute and then be able to come have lunch with Baekhyun the next always fascinated him. The ability to come out of a potentially very stressful and high tension situation and be able to relax the next was something Baekhyun could never master over something as simple as possibly trying to time his cooking his right so that the food didn't burn and he didn't resolve to takaway! 

"What's that on your hand?" he asked, snapping out of his thoughts when he saw some numbers scribbled onto Sehun's hand 
"This? Ah some nurser in another ward has supposedly been telling staff for weeks now she wants to go out with me for some drinks sometime. There was no way she was going to muster up the courage to ask so I did instead to put her out of her misery" Sehun replied as Baekhyun's eyes widened and a smile formed on his lips. 

"My Sehunnie has a date? Oh my little Sehunnie is growing up!" wiping away an imaginary tear whilst Sehun watched his friend and let out a scoff 
"Little? I'll have you know mister I'm way taller than you and older than you by like a month" he pointed out as Baekhyun rolled his eyes and made a whatever sign with his fingers before finally being able to tuck into his lunch. 

As was per usual with their meetings, it was inevitably going to be interrupted by Sehun's pager telling him he had to be at work. This time he actually remembered to pay his side of the bill and with the promise that he would tell Baekhyun all about his date the next time the two of them met, sped out like usual giving Baekhyun the joy of watching him running down the road and having to avoid colliding with people on his way, being left there to finish eating alone like he usually did. 

 

 

"Woah, where are you off to in such a hurry?" Tao asked, speeding down the hall after Chanyeol 
"If I leave now I can probably make it in time to pick up Bokyung" Chanyeol replied as Tao frowned and put his arm out to stop his friend. 

"You're leaing to go pick up your wife?" he asked 
"Yes. Her car bis at the garage right now being fixed and I don't want her walking home in this cold weather. Why does this sound so weird to you?" Chanyeol asked when seeing how confused Tao looked right now. 

"You've never dropped anything before to go help someone out, not even to help your mum when she sprained her ankle and needed picking up from the hospital" Tao explained and if this was some comment trying to prove his point of Chanyeol being a workaholic, he was not doing a very good job of proving it. 

"I have dropped stuff for other people before!" he argued back "And besides, she didn't even ask for my help. I offered it to her but instead she got someone else to do it for her" as Tao paused before nodding his head when he finally remembered. 

"But still, why all of a sudden all... this?" he asked, waving his arms about. If there was one thing Chanyeol noticed about his friend, it was that he was never quite good at spitting everything out first time round 
"What do you mean?" Chanyeol sighed, briefly checking the time on his watch. 

"Well before you were here hating the fact you were even married to her and now you're doing this" Tao explained 
"I can't treat her badly because I'm married to her. By the sounds of things she doesn't even want this as well" Chanyeol replied before quickly glancing around and leaning in "She also figured out that I'm not exactly straight". 

If there was one thing Chanyeol was good at, it was reading Tao's facial expressions. Being friends with him for so long he could tell what each expression meant and how to reply to those expressions without having Tao freak out in the process and draw unwanted attention to the two of them. Seeing the expression on Tao's face at present, he knew exactly what he was going to ask and how to answer. 

"My parents threw this fancy party. Kyungsoo was there and I guess by how I was talking to him and such she figured out" and even though he still had the same frown on his face, Tao still nodded his head before sighing and shaking his head. 

"Well then, maybe this will give you two all the more reason to separate"
"Perhaps, in the meantime I would really appreciate if you would let me go and we'll catch up on this another day". 

 

 

Chanyeol only knew where to go from being able to peice together bits of information he had gathered from Baekhyun on one of their many little chats together. He knew that Baekhyun was a music teacher and he knew that he taught in some musical hall in a building on a street with some weird name. Luckily for him, there happened to be a comic book store that use to be there which he frequently went to as a kid; if Chanyeol could find the old building for the shop then he would be able to find the building that Baekhyun taught in.

He gathered that he was in the correct building when he could hear the faint sound of a piano being played down the hall. It wasn't just the one room to the place, there were other various rooms which Chanyeol guessed were for different teachers. Looking in each of them, he expected to find Baekhyun in one of them however looking through each one and finding them empty, he guessed that maybe whoever was in the last room would be able to direct him to his wife, even better if it was his wife!

Peering through the gap in the door, Chanyeol found a girl, teenager he was guessing, playing whilst a man was sat next to her and encouraging her to carry on when she made a mistake. Not wanting to interrupt, Chanyeol waited and watched until they had finished.

"I messed up on the same notes again!" the girl groaned when she had finished, tilitng her head back and slapping her forehead
"Yes, but JooMi this was much better than last week. Last week there were hundreds things going wrong with this and today I only counted about three" the guy replied as the girl sighed and looked towards him. 

"Really? Or are you saying that just to cheer me up?" she asked as the guy laughed and shook his head
"I really mean it" he replied as the two of them ended their lesson and with a goodbye of seeing each other the next week, the girl left the room whilst the guy was left to clear up the room and pack up what he needed. 

Opening the door, Chanyeol stood in the doorway for a moment contemplating on what to say and what to ask. When he finally spoke, the guy jumped and let out what Chanyeol thought was some sort of a shriek as he turned around and clutched his chest, getting a clearer look at the other person who had now joined him in the room...


Aaanndd I shall leave it there for all to ponder in the next chapter. Mwahahaha!!

Until then!!