Extravagance

Dude Looks Like a Lady

Baekhyun had to actually practice walking around in the heels that were sent to him in the days leading up to the dinner party. Having only had experience in low heeled shoes, whatever chance he had he spent walking around in the heels to make it look convincing enough that he could actually walk in them without stumbling or tripping over and breaking his ankle. 

Was the pain really worth it? No way. Was Baekhyun willing to do it just to avoid the wrath of Chanyeol? Yes he was. The days leading up to the party and since his quite highly tempermental phone conversation with his parents, Chanyeol had been on edge. Baekhyun couldn't even say, let alone do, anything most of the time as he would be met with Chanyeol not exactly shouting at him but not exactly speaking softly to him as he had done previously. No matter what he did or say Chanyeol was in no mood to reply or act how Baekhyun had originally envisioned him to. It wasn't until one particular night whereby Baekhyun had enough of Chanyeol's mood, giving him a taste of his own medicine by shouting at him back and telling him to stop taking it out on Baekhyun, to just leave him alone. 

The day of the dinner party would be the first time since the argument that Chanyeol and Baekhyun would have to spend extensive periods of time together and speak to each other in order to make it look like the two of them were a loving couple. For Baekhyun however there was nothing positive to take from this; just as he thought the two of them were finally making progress, something as stupid as a dinner party had set them back. 

 

 

"Come on" Baekhyun grunted to himself and upon finally succeeding in fully zipping the dress up, smoothed it out in an attempt to make it look neat. Grabbing the wig he turned to the mirror and used it to make sure that wig fitted perfectly against him and, most importantly,looked good on him. 

"Are you ready yet?" came Chanyeol's voice from the other side of the door as Baekhyun quickly put the heels on and opened the door 
"Ready" he replied with a half attempt at a smile, Chanyeol casting him a quick lookover before nodding his head and walking down towards the stairs, Baekhyun having a hard time to keep up with him (he hadn't quite mastered the art of running in heels). 

Baekhyun was pretty sure that the suit Chanyeol was wearing was the suit he had worn to the wedding. Though he thought so, he wasn't going to question the guy about it. In fact, the two had hardly said anything until they had arrived at the home of Chanyeol's parents. Now, Baekhyun thought that the house he grew up in was big but nothing was going to amount to the house that stood in front of him and even as he got out of the car he stood there gawking at it whilst Chanyeol gave the keys to a valet and told him where to park it. 

"You think this is big, you should see it on the inside" Chanyeol said, resting his hand on the lower half of Baekhyun's back and began leading him in. Though Baekhyun wasn't use to this sudden contact, he guessed that Chanyeol was only doing it to put on a show and make him look like a doting husband so he just had to play along with it. 

Outside of the house and inside there were guests mingling here and there. For an event such as a dinner party, the guests were certainly dressed as extravagently as Baekhyun had ever seen. Even the men's suits looked overpriced for an event such as this. However as Baekhyun had learnt from previous meetings with Chanyeol's parents; they were all for extravagance and this right here in front of him was nothing from what he had heard about them from his mum.

"Shouldn't we find your parents? You know, to greet them and let them know we're here?" he asked  
"No way I'm introducing you to people who are actually worth my time" Chanyeol replied pausing to look around, his eyes clocking onto his target before proceeding to pull Baekhyun through the crowds towards his intended destination. 

"Grandpa!" Chanyeol called out, his mood significantly cheering up there and then as he rushed forward to embrace the man who held his arms open the minute he heard Chanyeol calling for him. 

"Chanyeol my boy! Ah it's so good to see you again!"
"How come you never told me you were back from China?" Chanyeol asked 
"What and ruin the surprise? I don't think so" his grandpa replied before locking eyes with Baekhyun and smiling. 

"So you must be Bokyung" he said "Whilst I would have loved to have been to the wedding, a business trip me caught up. Nevertheless, it's finally nice to meet you" and the most Baekhyun could do was to shake his hand and nervously mutter back a response, the two other men engaging in a conversation and seemingly forgetting that Baekhyun was there. If that was the case, he was going to do some exploring for himself. 

 

 

Baekhyun knew that he was at a dinner party like no other when he had waitors and waitresses come up and offer him foods and drinks he had never heard of, let alone be able to pronounce their names. He thought he grew up eating and drinking like no other person around him, judging by this place he was obviously ery wrong! 

"Ah hello and who may you be?" asked a woman who had been walking past with a few other 
"U-uh Bokyung" Baekhyun replied watching as the group studied him for a moment before one of them clicked their fingers and pointed towards him. 

"You're Chanyeol's wife aren't you?" she asked as the other women finally caught on as well 
"Heavens yes! We've heard so much about you we've been dying to get a look at you for quite some time!" another said as Baekhyun let out a nervous laugh and shrugged his shoulders. 

"Well you know what it's like; busy lives and getting caught up in so much that you often don't have the time to sit down and relax" as the group sighed and nodded their heads 
"Of course. So, Bokyung, tell us more about yourself" 

What exactly was Baekhyun suppose to tell them? That he was actually a guy disguised as a girl who only married Chanyeol so their parents could make a lot of money out of it? Yeah right! Luckily as he tried to make a convincing story up in his head, Chanyeol had found him and quickly made his way over. 

"There you are! I've been looking all over!" he exclaimed  
"W-well you were so busy chatting with your grandfather that I decided to just go exploring by myself for a while" Baekhyun exclaimed as Chanyeol sighed before nodding his head. 

"Just... just tell me when you're going to walk off like that again, okay?" finally realising that they were joined by guests who were watching the two of them interact wtih each other with smiles across their faces. 

"Oh, uh, evening ladies" he said, clearing his throat as they cooed over him and came rushing forward 
"We were just telling Bokyung on how excited we were to finally meet her and see the two of you together!" one of them said before they began launching into a series of questions. 

"Bokyung, we know Chanyeol is a workaholic who spends most of his time stuck in that office of his, but what about you? Do you work?" 
"Uh well I give piano lessons" Baekhyun replied as the women gasped and turned their attention towards Chanyeol. 

"Oh what a talented wife you have! You should play for us sometime dear!"
"Now, we want all the details about your honeymoon; where you went, what you did and any pictures you may show"

"U-uh well" Chanyeol began, scratching the back of his neck 
"We haven't exactly had the time for the two of us to go on our honeymoon just yet. We're actually working out a perfect time for the two of us actually. In fact, didn't you suggest the other day about going to Florida?" Baekhyun asked and Chanyeol realised he was talking to him. 

"Huh? Y-yes, yes I did. We've also discussed Australia or New Zealand, somewhere to get away from all this cold weather" as Baekhyun nodded his head 
"However we have also discussed China and Japan. Whilst not exactly far away destinations or hot at this time of the year, both countries still have their own cultural history we would just love to check out" and between the two of them, they were able to sigh in relief when the women bought their story and began to agree with them. They only managed to escape when Chanyeol announced that he was going to go introduce Baekhyun to other people who had gathered upon the place for the event. 

"You play the piano?" Chanyeol asked 
"You're a workaholic?" Baekhyun replied, glancing over to see Chanyeol smile before offering him his arm 
"Come on, I'll show you around a bit" and, hesitantly, Baekhyun took Chanyeol's arm and allowed himself to be taken around for a tour of the place and to be introduced to numerous people Chanyeol's parents seemed to know quite well. 


See, a chapter with quite a lot of Baekyeol interaction which looks as though they are finally becoming comfortable with each other! This will carry on into the next chapter where we shall see more of the Park's extravagant lifestyle, more guests and little glimpses into Chanyeol's past... possibly... 

Until then!!