Double life

Dude Looks Like a Lady

As a 'wife' Baekhyun guessed he was expected to perform many household tasks in order to satisfy Chanyeol and keep him happy. Every morning by the time Baekhyun got up, Chanyeol wa already up and had left for work; the only evidence of him being there was usually a half full mug of coffee and a bowl with some leftover cereal left on the breakfast bar. 

Baekhyun didn't have to be at work as early as Chanyeol. It gave him the chance to clean the place as best as he could, hop into the shower, make himself up so he looked like Bokyung and make himself a decent lunch before he set off for the day. He always made sure to take a bag with him so that as soon as he got to work, all he had to do was change out of the disguise, into his normal clothes and nobody would have to know just what he was doing. It was as though he was living a double life, except that nothing exciting was coming out it and he wasn't some spy or someone important to the government trying to gather secrets of the dark underworld. 

 

 

"Woah man you look rough!" 
"Thanks for your observations Tao, I really appreciate it" 

Clearly sensing that something was wrong with the latter, the wise thing for any normal person to do would be to back off and leave him alone until he was calm enough to speak to properly. Not that Tao was going to do that. Sure Chanyeol was one of the bosses of the company and some people feared him, but Tao knew him better than others and knew how to push his buttons and when to stop. 

"I'm being serious! I don't think I've ever seen you like this since uni finals" Tao explained pointing to the bags under Chanyeol's eyes "And have you even been sleeping properly recently? We haven't had any deadlines to meet or sticky situations which have required us to stay in late, how can you look like this?" 

Chanyeol loved Tao, he really did. The two of them grew up together after Tao's family had moved from China to seek better opportunities and was more than happy when the two of them got accepted into the same university and Chanyeol's grandfather had offered him a job at the company. However it was days like this whereby if Tao did not stop pestering him he was going to have to do something to shut him up! 

"I'm fine Tao really" 
"I don't believe you" Tao interjected and went after his friend when he saw him roll his eyes and speed up down the hall "Come on Chanyeol, you can tell me anything and you know I wouldn't tell anybody, right?". 

"I know Tao, I know. It's just... you wouldn't understand" Chanyeol replied and watched as Tao raised an eyebrow 
"Try me" but Chanyeol really wasn't in the mood for this right now, yet he knew that as long as he held this from him Tao was not going to stop pestering him until he got an answer. 

"I'm really not in the mood for this right now Tao. Now if you'll excuse me I have a meeting to attend" but his path was blocked when Tao stepped in front of him, moving as Chanyeol did to stop him from making any further moves. 

"Your meeting is not for another half an hour and don't try playing tricks on me because my meeting is exactly ten minutes after" he said, pointing a finger and raising his voice slightly when he saw that Chanyeol was about to say something. 

Numerous co-workers wached the interaction between the two of them and had to admit they kind of admired Tao's bravery for what he was doing. Others were too afraid that Chanyeol would snap at them if they tried speaking to him and so they often stayed away, not bothering to even attempt a conversation. Tao was willing to disagree with any negative assumptions his co-workers had of Chanyeol straight away; none of it was true and if they actually had enough time to get to know him on a good day, they would see he was actually the complete opposite and genuinely a nice guy. It's just that in situations like the one he was currently in could Tao see just why people may think Chanyeol was the way they thought. 

"You are really testing my patience now" Chanyeol said 
"Or are you just saying that in the hopes that it'll get rid of me?" Tao asked and as Chanyeol ran his hand through his hair did he finally notice the ring on his finger, catching Chanyeol's hand to inspect it. 

"What's this?" he asked as Chanyeol's eyes widened and he tried to stutter out a response, but wasn't able to spit it out. It slowly came to Tao that the ring Chanyeol was wearing was on a specific hand, on a specific finger. When it did hit him he was almost as lost for words as Chanyeol was. Almost. 

"Y-you... you're ma-" hand clamped over his friend's mouth to shut him up, Chanyeol quickly looked around to see if anybody had heard him before he pulled Tao into an empty office. 

"Wh-what? When did you... when did you get married?" Tao asked 
"About two week ago" Chanyeol replied watching as the expression on Tao's face failed to change from the current one he was wearing. 

"Who the hell did you marry?" he asked 
"She's called Bokyung" 
"She?! But... but you're not even interested in women!" Tao exclaimed as Chanyeol sighed and nodded his head. 

"I think I know that Tao. However she's the daughter of the Byun's and I would like to see you try and explain to my parents just why this marriage shouldn't have gone ahead in the first place" 
"The Byun's?" Tao asked, frowning "Aren't they that really rich family that live just outside of Seoul? I never knew they had a daughter". 

"Well I never knew I was marrying her until two days before the wedding" Chanyeol cried out 
"And you didn't invite your best friend" Tao said, placing a hand over his chest and pretending to wipe a tear away. Chanyeol however was in no mood for jokes and instead flopped himself into a seat and held his head in his hands. 

"I've seriously gotten myself into a right sticky situation" he muttered as Tao sat next to him and patted his back 
"Well, isn't there a way out? Like staying married for a few months or a year and then getting a divorce? The two of you saying it just wasn't working out?" he suggested. 

"Yes but even then, what if she falls in love with me and all that does is break her heart? What if I hurt her feelings throughout the whole of this?" Chanyeol asked and wanted an answer so desperately from Tao, but his friend just could not give it to him. All he could do was reassure him that everything would be fine and he had the people that were there to support him throughout. 

 

 

Baekhyun was usually in bed by the time Chanyeol had returned home. As was usual, the house would be a lot cleaner than the state Chanyeol had left it that morning. Entering the kitchen, he could always be sure to find a sticky note on the fride telling him that there was some leftovers and how to heat them up correctly without giving himself food poisoning... as if he needed them! 

When dinner was eaten he would either take a quick shower and go to bed or if he was really too tired would just go straight to bed and wake up early the next morning for his shower. Going to his room, he would often stop and stare the door to Baekhyun's room. He didn't quite know why he would just stop and stare at the door before he would shrug it off and go to the room he was sleeping in. Maybe it was because he wanted his room back with the big comfy bed but wanted to be a gentleman and let Baekhyun have it...

That was how their days usually went. Baekhyun would get up, clean, go to work, come home and make dinner before going to bed just like the perfect housewife should. Chanyeol would get up, go to work and come home to some leftovers he would have to re-heat before heading off to bed himself, always blissfully unaware that his wife was not who he thought she was. The two lived by this and though they would see it as being able to live peacefully side by side each other, others would see it as the two avoiding each other. 


Okay, maybe I've introduced Tao a little bit earlier than I would introduce other characters in previous fics, but that allows more interaction and banter between him and Chanyeol! 

There will be interactions between Chanyeol and Baekhyun as well, there is no need to keep thinking that every chapter is going to be like this whereby they hardly see or speak to each other. 

Until then!!