Fear

Dude Looks Like a Lady

Baekhyun could remember a time he was afraid of his parents. When he was younger he knew it was because that if he did something wrong, he was going to be punished for it and having limited television time was the worst possible punishment he could have been given back then. As he grew older, the reasoning behind his fear began to change, until finally he was afraid of just how his parents could tear the family apart by trying to force their son to marry somebody he didn't know or want to marry and eventually ended up running away. 

Whilst Baekhyun had agreed to marrying Chanyeol because he wanted to help his family out, he guessed that deep down he also did it because he was afraid of what his parents could do to him. He saw what they had done to his brother, and Baekhyun guessed he was just afraid that they were capable of doing the exact same thing to him. 

The time that he had spent being 'married' to Chanyeol however, Baekhyun felt that he had grown as an individual. All of his past fears he was slowly overcoming and as his parents marched him into the spare room, he realised that he was no longer afraid of them and whatever they had to say to him he could deal with by himself instead of feeling as though somebody had to be by his side to help him. 

 

 

"How dare you" his mum shot at him as soon as Chanyeol had closed the door to the room "How dare you do that to us! You embarrassed us in front of everybody that we know!" 

Was his mother's image all that she cared about? Baekhyun had to supress his scoff however did not stop the roll of his eyes which his father- who had been silent so far but still looked just as angry- picked up on straight away. 

"Baekhyun your mother is talking to you and I don't think that rolling your eyes is suitable for this!" he snapped 
"Oh please, if anything I shouldn't be wasting my breath talking to the two of you right now! Why did you even pull me up here? To save how embarrassed and mortified you felt down there in front of the other guests? Well congratulations now you know exactly how I felt when you forced me to dress up as a woman!" Baekhyun snapped back. 

"That did not mean you had to do that in front of everybody that we know. Important business partners and clients were amongst those in attendance tonight, do you know how badly this could ruin our image?" 

Now Baekhyun really didn't try to hold back his laughter. In fact he just gave up trying to talk any sense into the two of them because it was pretty obvious just where their priorities were at that moment in time. 

"Is that all the two of you care about? Instead of caring about how I felt having to pretend to be something I'm not, or how Chanyeol must have felt when he discovered just how much he had been screwed over, all you care about is your money and your reputation?" he asked with a shake of his head "Now I can see why Baekbeom ran away... you two aren't parents you're just money grabbing greed-" 

The sound of a slap resonating throughout the room stopped Baekhyun, where his mother had slapped him his cheek was now stinging and he stood there not quite being able to believe that his mum had actually done that to him. So far Chanyeol had just stood by the door saying nothing and doing nothing; this was a matter involving the Byun family only and therefore he decided to just sit out on the sidelines, however seeing Baekhyun being slapped like that was the final straw and he just couldn't stand back like that any longer. 

"How could you do that?" he asked "He's your son for crying out loud don't you care even just a tiny bit?"
"With all due respect Chanyeol this does not concern you" Baekhyun's mum replied 
"Oh I think this this is a very huge concern of mine. See, it was you and my parents who set this whole thing up. I'm just a part of this as is Baekhyun" Chanyeol explained before taking a quick glance at Baekhyun and sighed. 

"Is money all you guys care about? He is your son and yet you made him dress as a girl, marry someone when it was obvious he never wanted to go through with it and just left him there to get on with it as though nothing was wrong. Isn't there just a tiny part of you that cares?" he asked as Baekhyun's father took a deep breath in before letting out a long sigh. 

"That's just the way things are. If you're born into this family you have to get use to things being like this" he said, ignoring the look of surprise on Chanyeol's face. Unbelievable. 

"I'm going to ask for the two of you to leave" he said 
"Excuse me? We're trying to have a conversation with our son!" Baekhyun's mum exclaimed 
"Slapping your son across the face is not having a conversation. Besides, this is my house and I am asking you to leave which if you do not comply to could force me to use other matters such as the police." 

Baekhyun's parents felt extremely offended. How dare Chanyeol speak to them like this, he should learn to respect his elders when speaking to them in such a manner! However they both knew he was correct; this was his house and he had the power to do whatever if they did not choose to compile to his wishes and even though they did not want to leave things as they had done just now, they had no choice but to do as Chanyeol had aked them and leave. 

"Were you parents like this when you confronted them?" Baekhyun asked once he and Chanyeol were left by themselves 
"Even the slap" Chanyeol replied as Baekhyun sighed and nodded his head. 

"Thank you... for sticking up for me like that" 
"It was the least I could do" Chanyeol replied and found himself smiling when he saw Baekhyun smile slightly "Come on, we need to go back down and do some damage control, who knows how everybody is reacting after we left them." 

 

 

"If I knew you two were going to be doing that I would have brought my camera along" Sehun pointed out as he, Tao, Baekhyun and Chanyeol all stood in the kitchen finishing off the rest of the champagne (they couldn't let it go to waste after all) 

"Oh trust me I wish I did the minute they saw Baekhyun coming down the stairs!" Chanyeol exclaimed as the four of them broke out into a fit of laughter 
"I'm just surprised at how creative that was. I never knew the two of you had it in you!" Tao piped up as Chanyeol shook his head and pointed towards Baekhyun. 

"It was all his idea, I just played along with it" 
"What can I say? I'm a master at getting sweet revenge" Baekhyun admitted, grinning when he heard Sehun scoff beside him and mutter something about being the master or pure stupidity instead. 

With the champagne finished, Tao and Chanyeol had moved over to the fridge to see if there was anything else they could break into. Having to work in the morning, Sehun decide to miss this round out and Baekhyun did not fail to notice how his eyes lingered on Tao for a longer amount of time than what was required. 

"What?" Sehun asked when he saw the look Baekhyun shot him. Baekhyun was not buying his stupidity however and raised an eyebrow to show that he wasn't stupid and knew exactly what Sehun was doing, even if that meant Sehun wasn't sure himself. 

"What?" 


You see, let me get creative and the contents of the last chapter is what happens when left to my own devices! I'm glad you all liked it as much as I did because I was laughing to myself so much when writing it out and causing great concern for my parents...

... it was worth it! 

Until the next chapter!!