Heartless

Dude Looks Like a Lady

Wandering into the kitchen the next morning, Baekhyun was completely oblivious to the fact that something was wrong, horribly wrong for that matter. If it wasn't for Chanyeol slamming his cup down and the sound of it making Baekhyun jump he would have continued on like he was previously. 

"I-is everything okay?" he asked sensing a sudden change in the atmosphere. It was there that he was able to take in Chanyeol's expression; one of pure anger, his eyes staring a gap through Baekhyun, his knuckles white because of how hard he was still holding the cup. It reminded Baekhyun of the night that Chanyeol had stormed out of his parents house over his sister's room, his attitude was beginning to scare him. 

"Who the hell are you?" Chanyeol asked 
"W-what are you talking about? I-I'm Bokyung" Baekhyun replied however the way his response had Chanyeol laughing- almost hysterically- was enough to prepare him for the inevitable response that Chanyeol was going to give him. 

"Then explain to me why I came into your room last night and instead of finding you sleeping on the bed I found a man there instead?" he asked through clenched teeth and Baekhyun had a million excuses whirling through his mind just ready to spill out and try to drag this on longer than what was necessary, but it was no use. He had been caught; game over. 

Instead of replying to Chanyeol's question, Baekhyun walked over to the kitchen sink and turned the tap on. With shaking hands he splashed some water over his face and grabbed the tea towell situated nearby. Not the best method to wipe away make up, but it was all Baekhyun had to use at that point. The make up gone, Baekhyun pulled the wig off of him; his last remaining disguise as Bokyung dropped to the floor and he turned to face Chanyeol as he truly was. 

The time it took for Chanyeol's expression to turn from anger to confusion was quite fast. Scanning over Baekhyun, it was like he was trying to figure out if he recognised him from somewhere until it finally hit him 
"Sehun?" 

"My name's not Sehun. It's actually Baekhyun" Baekhyun replied and watched as Chanyeol's expression turned back to one of anger before he let out a hollow, dry laugh 
"All this time I thought you were some poor, unfortunate daughter who got dragged into an arranged marriage with me; a guy who liked men. Yet here you are as somebody who is sick enough to pretend to be a woman to marry me" 

"I-I didn't have a choice! Our families organised the wedding the-"
"And you went along with the whole thing!" Chanyeol interrupted with his voice beginning to rise "Don't you dare try to put the whole blame on just them when you were the one who agreed to play along with it all!" 

"W-well how was I meant to know they would do this? Do you not think that I tried to get out of it when I found out what I had to do? Do you not think I felt extremely guilty this whole time I was doing this to you?". Every part of Baekhyun was shaking; from his voice, to his hands, to the whole of his body. It was partly out of fear as to what Chanyeol would do to him and partly over Chanyeol finally knowing the truth, how easily he was able to discover what Baekhyun had been hiding from him since their wedding day. 

"This is unbelieveable" Chanyeol muttered, running a hand through his hair "I let you take me for a fool. I sat there and told you everything about me I haven't even told my grandfather because I thought the two of us were on the same level of being screwed over by everyone out there! But no, you're just like our parents; you have no care for anybody but yourself and you were sick enough to play this cruel game against me" as he got up and marched out into the hallway with Baekhyun following hot on his tail. 

"Chanyeol please it's not like. Just let me explain!" he pleaded, reaching out for the latter only to have him shove him away 
"Don't touch me!" Chanyeol shouted at him, glaring at him and shaking with anger before he turned and marched out of the front door, slamming it behind him. 

 

 

Chanyeol never like the people who worked within his parents house. Growing up they would always bother him, try too hard to please him when he didn't need it. They were also well in getting in his way when it was obvious that just by the way he looked they should have even attempted it in the first place. 

"Master Chanyeol please you cannot go in there! Your parents have specifically wished to not be disturbed" one of the workers said but Chanyeol had not time to speak back to them. Instead he pushed them to the side and slammed open the door to the room his parents were in with two other guests. 

"You two are such heartless bastards you know that?" he shouted as he stood in front of them demanding to know what the hell was going on. Collecting herself from the shock of having been spoken to that way, Chanyeol's mother stood up and calmly asked if the guests would make their way over to the lounge until she and her husband had finished discussing with their son. Only when the door had closed did her calm and friendly demeanour leave and Chanyeol felt a slap across his cheek. 

"Is that any way to speak to your parents?" she asked angrily 
"Oh I think you two deserve to be spoken to this way" Chanyeol replied "Just what were you guys playing at by getting a guy to dress up as a woman and marry him off to me?" 

"Come now Chanyeol, we were only doing it in your interest" his dad piped up 
"My interest? Please that was nothing to do with my interest at all! You only did it so that you and the Byun's could get your money and play a sick game with me and Baekhyun. Is that all that matters? Being greedy money grabbers?". 

"Enough Chanyeol! We will not have you speak to us this way" his mother snapped and just like that Chanyeol realised that any attempt to speak to them and to seek the truth was futile. They knew from the beginning just what would happen to Chanyeol if he ever found out that Bokyung wasn't even a real person and that he had only been married off for some money. They never cared for his wellbeing and never have done, all they cared about was how much money they were able to pocket in their bank and how well they were able to present themselves to others in society. 

"You two are pathetic excuses for parents" he began as he back up towards the door "You were never cut out to be parents. All you cared about was yourselves and you will always care for yourselves and nobody else" opening the door and stepping out, sparing his parents one last look before slamming it behind him. 

"You've already lost a daughter and now you're about to lose a son" 


Oho I feel so evil and I freaking love it! I loved writing this chapter and it just makes me want to rub my hands together and let out the most evil laugh I can muster! 

Until the next chapter!!